Beretta 87 vs CZ Kadet

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

MikeM.

Beretta 87 vs CZ Kadet

Post by MikeM. »

I am torn between 2 pistols to use as a host for my new SWR Spectre II , the Beretta 87 and the CZ Kadet. Can anybody offer their opinion on this? Which is the most reliable,accurate,and the least picky when it comes to ammo?? Both are expensive guns so I want to make the right choice. I would appreciate your thoughts on this :?: ....Mike
DoctorSolo
Silent But Deadly

Re: Beretta 87 vs CZ Kadet

Post by DoctorSolo »

They both rock. The CZ can be converted to a centerfire with an upper.

I would get whatever I could have threaded sooner. If you can wait, get the Beretta. It's more cooler.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

CZ Kadet is nice because you can get a 9mm upper for it to help defray the costs of an expensive 22lr.

Beretta 87 is nice because it handles like a fullsize and just has an awesome feel to it and you won't even think about defraying the cost when you shoot it.

If I were in the market I would get a Beretta 87 in a heartbeat.
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

viewtopic.php?f=73&t=82797

Review of the 87. The 87 does not have a rail. The 87 isn't as easy to thread as I suspect the CZ is.

There is no plastic in the 87. I find it to be very reliable. It is also very quiet when suppressed. Regular bulk ammo stays subsonic in the Cheetah; no need for the more expensive "standard velocity", or "subsonic".

I said it in the review and I'll say it again; your kids' kids will shoot this gun if you buy it -- you'll be hard-pressed to find a point of failure on it.
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

I was playin with my wifes berreta the other day. After reading up on high end 1911`s, That sucker sure seemed like a bucket o botls. Every part is fit Super lose! The slide has about .008" clearence.And the barrel to frame fit is nearly as much. Pull and lock the slide, give it a shake and out comes the Rattle! It does lock up well and to the right but its all just observation.

Shoots well and feels good in the hand though. Worth what I paid? Not sure yet. Still waitin on the DW VBOB. My money is on the DW.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

SRM wrote:I was playin with my wifes berreta the other day. After reading up on high end 1911`s, That sucker sure seemed like a bucket o botls. Every part is fit Super lose! The slide has about .008" clearence.And the barrel to frame fit is nearly as much. Pull and lock the slide, give it a shake and out comes the Rattle! It does lock up well and to the right but its all just observation.

Shoots well and feels good in the hand though. Worth what I paid? Not sure yet. Still waitin on the DW VBOB. My money is on the DW.
If you don't like the 87 I will gladly take it, or trade it!
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

Bendersquint wrote:
SRM wrote:I was playin with my wifes berreta the other day. After reading up on high end 1911`s, That sucker sure seemed like a bucket o botls. Every part is fit Super lose! The slide has about .008" clearence.And the barrel to frame fit is nearly as much. Pull and lock the slide, give it a shake and out comes the Rattle! It does lock up well and to the right but its all just observation.

If you don't like the 87 I will gladly take it, or trade it!
Im considering getting a barrel blank and makin a bbl that fits tighter in the frame and extended for a suppressor. I can get a Shillen blank for less than a factory bbl at the moment, and have enough for four to five barrels. I will keep the offer in mind.
Must remember its the wifes though she`s not into firearms as I. She may need a little power to get hooked!
mbogo
Silent But Deadly

Post by mbogo »

Bendersquint wrote:CZ Kadet is nice because you can get a 9mm upper for it to help defray the costs of an expensive 22lr.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

mbogo
7 stamps and 1 in jail :mrgreen:
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=99213

This is what I did for my wifes 87. I think I want a stainless barrel for it.
WhisperFan
Silent But Deadly

Post by WhisperFan »

TROOPER wrote:viewtopic.php?f=73&t=82797

Review of the 87. The 87 does not have a rail. The 87 isn't as easy to thread as I suspect the CZ is.

There is no plastic in the 87. I find it to be very reliable. It is also very quiet when suppressed. Regular bulk ammo stays subsonic in the Cheetah; no need for the more expensive "standard velocity", or "subsonic".

I said it in the review and I'll say it again; your kids' kids will shoot this gun if you buy it -- you'll be hard-pressed to find a point of failure on it.
Trooper - that all depends on which 87 we're talking about ..... my 87 has a top rail! :wink:

My 87T

Sure - it took some effort to make it work - but it shoots like a dream!

Take off the 'filler' / Thread protector and put on the thread adapter

And you are ready to mount your can!

As nightfall does not come all at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such a twilight that we all must be aware of change in the air -- however slight -- lest we become unwilling victims of the darkness.
Justice William O. Douglas
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

bump :mrgreen: