Colt M45 CQBP for civvies?

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

ctdonath
Silent But Deadly

Colt M45 CQBP for civvies?

Post by ctdonath »

Any word on us peons being allowed to order the new Marine M45 1911 aka Colt CQBP?
warjunky1428
Silent But Deadly

Re: Colt M45 CQBP for civvies?

Post by warjunky1428 »

Do you want it just because we chose it for our new sidearm? There are plenty of 1911 platforms out there, just because it was picked out of a lineup and selected for it's lesser cost for the gooberment doesn't make it some special piece. And to answer your question, I doubt it. They have a couple years worth of production to do for us first.
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
-- Robert A. Heinlein, "Beyond This Horizon", 1942
copenhagen
Silent But Deadly

Post by copenhagen »

Oh, you'll be able to buy it one day, sooner or later. You know Colt will want to cash in on that- esp since they can't use a government contract to push their AR's like they used to. I used to own a Stainless Steel Colt Rail Gun. They are nice. I don't like a rail on a 1911 because of holster issues so I sold it. Having done 8 years in the Marines, it would tickle my fancy to own the actual M45 CQBP at such time as it becomes available. I was pretty surprised that the Marine Corps went for the sexy G10 grips. Those cheap bastards almost never do anything like that. You would think it would come with black plastic grips..haha..
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Any gun issued by the military is collectable, so I would want one.

Buy I don't like it. Too heavy for its capacity.

It cannot compare to a Glock 21 Gen 4 or even a Taurus 24/7.

Also I don't like rails on a 1911, ambi safety, or that brown color.

They should have bought Glock 22s if they wanted something more than 9mm. And if it were up to me, I would have picked Glock 17s.