S&W M&P 22 pistol?

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Fire_Medic
Silent Operator

S&W M&P 22 pistol?

Post by Fire_Medic »

I don't see a lot of feedback on the M&P 22 hand gun. Does anyone have any experience to relate in using one with a suppressor. It interest me because I own (2) M&P 45 pistols set up the same way with the thumb safety and all. It won't be my only .22 pistol ever but just looking for somewhere to start.

Thanks
FM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: S&W M&P 22 pistol?

Post by Bendersquint »

Fire_Medic wrote:I don't see a lot of feedback on the M&P 22 hand gun. Does anyone have any experience to relate in using one with a suppressor. It interest me because I own (2) M&P 45 pistols set up the same way with the thumb safety and all. It won't be my only .22 pistol ever but just looking for somewhere to start.

Thanks
FM
I haven't personally used one but several of my customers have and they stand by their recommendation.

I will be picking one up soon myself as I think it will be a good companion to my MP9.
Fire_Medic
Silent Operator

Post by Fire_Medic »

Bendersquint wrote:
Fire_Medic wrote:I don't see a lot of feedback on the M&P 22 hand gun. Does anyone have any experience to relate in using one with a suppressor. It interest me because I own (2) M&P 45 pistols set up the same way with the thumb safety and all. It won't be my only .22 pistol ever but just looking for somewhere to start.

Thanks
FM
I haven't personally used one but several of my customers have and they stand by their recommendation.

I will be picking one up soon myself as I think it will be a good companion to my MP9.
Thanks for your feedback. Waiting on the LE price from the local LE place. Came across your recommendation of the Beretta 87, but looks like getting it threaded is a PITA and expensive, lol.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Fire_Medic wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:

Thanks
FM

Thanks for your feedback. Waiting on the LE price from the local LE place. Came across your recommendation of the Beretta 87, but looks like getting it threaded is a PITA and expensive, lol.
I still highly recommend the Beretta 87, just difficult to find right now. Thats on my list just below the MP22.
Fire_Medic
Silent Operator

Post by Fire_Medic »

I will keep a look out for one then. Saw one threaded in a pic on Liberty's website and it looks great.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
mk23
Silent But Deadly

Post by mk23 »

I carry M&P9s so getting a M&P22 was natural. I picked up one a couple of weeks ago and mounted an Outback II on it.

It has been 100% right out of the box, with all sorts of ammos, including some bulk cheap remington from Walliworld.

Great gun, but I had to take off (ditch) the safeties right away. None of my M&Ps have them, and they get in the way of my grip.
Fire_Medic
Silent Operator

Post by Fire_Medic »

mk23 wrote:I carry M&P9s so getting a M&P22 was natural. I picked up one a couple of weeks ago and mounted an Outback II on it.

It has been 100% right out of the box, with all sorts of ammos, including some bulk cheap remington from Walliworld.

Great gun, but I had to take off (ditch) the safeties right away. None of my M&Ps have them, and they get in the way of my grip.
Thanks I have (2) M&P 45's with safeties so for me it would all be natural, gonna be picking one up soon.

What adapter did you get for the barrel to run the can on it? Or did you get a threaded barrel from someone?

Thanks
FM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
philg80

Post by philg80 »

I bought one of the first run guns out....I think it was the second one my FFL had in over a year ago now and it ran 100% with several kinds of ammo and I ran well over 5000 rounds of ammo through mine before I sold it using my Thompson Machine Zephyr XL. The reason it was sold was I could not find magazines anywhere and when the 22/45 Lite came out I saw an opportunity to sell and move to that platform. Would I recommend it.....Hell Yes!!!! Just find magazines first, but I do believe they have finally started to show up.
Fire_Medic
Silent Operator

Post by Fire_Medic »

philg80 wrote:I bought one of the first run guns out....I think it was the second one my FFL had in over a year ago now and it ran 100% with several kinds of ammo and I ran well over 5000 rounds of ammo through mine before I sold it using my Thompson Machine Zephyr XL. The reason it was sold was I could not find magazines anywhere and when the 22/45 Lite came out I saw an opportunity to sell and move to that platform. Would I recommend it.....Hell Yes!!!! Just find magazines first, but I do believe they have finally started to show up.
Thanks for the heads up!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
mk23
Silent But Deadly

Post by mk23 »

Fire_Medic wrote:
mk23 wrote:I carry M&P9s so getting a M&P22 was natural. I picked up one a couple of weeks ago and mounted an Outback II on it.

Thanks I have (2) M&P 45's with safeties so for me it would all be natural, gonna be picking one up soon.

What adapter did you get for the barrel to run the can on it? Or did you get a threaded barrel from someone?

Thanks
FM
I just used the Gemtech adapter off my Walther P22. It's the same one and works on both guns.
Fire_Medic
Silent Operator

Post by Fire_Medic »

mk23 wrote:
Fire_Medic wrote:

Thanks
FM
I just used the Gemtech adapter off my Walther P22. It's the same one and works on both guns.
Thanks brother, I found the answer on the interwebs not long after I asked.

FM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
jaredr
Silent But Deadly

Post by jaredr »

magazine availability was the biggest complaint about this firearm on the brianenos forum, where a lot of folks were looking at it as a rimfire trainer for production class. RSR shows 0 magazines in stock, searching on the 12 round part number (SW42251) shows its out of stock almost everywhere (as in everywhere i checked, maybe a local gunstore has some of them tucked away for sale). they look nice but i'd hate to buy one knowing i've only got one magazine for the foreseeable future...
mk23
Silent But Deadly

Post by mk23 »

Ten round mag is the same mag as the twelve round, with a small spacer installed at the bottom. The 10 rounders I bought, the spacer just lifted out when the mag was taken apart. Presto 12 round mag (do only where legal of course).
buckgunner
Silent Operator

Post by buckgunner »

44MAG.com has 100+ of the 12 round mags in stock. http://www.44mag.com/product/m_p_22_mag ... and_wesson
Hitman
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Hitman »

Love mine, eats everything, wather adaptor and your good to go with most cans.
Loaded
Silent Operator

Post by Loaded »

Bought mine about a month ago and it runs just fine with all the cheap ammo. Definitely a fun gun!