Life is good. seriously

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

bakerjw
Elite Member

Life is good. seriously

Post by bakerjw »

You know, we have a lot of stress in our lives. We have a government spending like there is no tomorrow. That causes stress. We have just had a major shooting that has brought all kinds of calls for gun control. That causes stress. There are a lot of uncertainties ahead and that causes stress.

A couple of years ago we had to have our wonderful 17 year old cat put to sleep. Last year for my birthday, I told my wife that I wanted us to get another cat. Due to time constraints and some illnesses that I had, we put that off. This year I said, we're doing this.

Tomorrow is my birthday. My wife just refilled a pint glass with Shiner Christmas Cheer from my kegerator for me. I am sitting here in front of my computer with our 2 new kittens sound asleep in my lap. I know not everyone likes cats, but these are extremely friendly little creatures. and I am posting on one of the places on the Internet where there are a lot of really great people.

So, screw all of the bad stuff and the stress of the day. I have a great wife, a less than full pint glass next to my keyboard, 2 very content kittens sound asleep in my lap, and a great day ahead tomorrow.

Enjoy the little things guys. Life is good today.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
continuity
Elite Member

Re: Life is good. seriously

Post by continuity »

Outstanding. It is good to reach inside and appreciate the fantastic things each of us have access to.

I just came off a stressed out night of dealing with wintery hell and the public's seeming obsession (personal log shows X12) to find the deepest ditch to drive off the roadway into. Slipped on icy roadways, landing on my butt... x3. Lost traction and slid down embankments... x1. Stuck cruiser... x1. Lost surefire flashlight... x1, Gel pen... x2.

Then I went home. Changed into some woobies, went out on the back deck with a bud light and cigar, and caught snowflakes on my tongue.

It was a GOOD day. :mrgreen:
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

continuity wrote:, and caught snowflakes on my tongue.
It's good to let go sometimes.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
Libertarian_Geek
Silent But Deadly

Post by Libertarian_Geek »

bakerjw wrote:You know, we have a lot of stress in our lives. We have a government spending like there is no tomorrow. That causes stress. We have just had a major shooting that has brought all kinds of calls for gun control. That causes stress. There are a lot of uncertainties ahead and that causes stress.

A couple of years ago we had to have our wonderful 17 year old cat put to sleep. Last year for my birthday, I told my wife that I wanted us to get another cat. Due to time constraints and some illnesses that I had, we put that off. This year I said, we're doing this.

Tomorrow is my birthday. My wife just refilled a pint glass with Shiner Christmas Cheer from my kegerator for me. I am sitting here in front of my computer with our 2 new kittens sound asleep in my lap. I know not everyone likes cats, but these are extremely friendly little creatures. and I am posting on one of the places on the Internet where there are a lot of really great people.

So, screw all of the bad stuff and the stress of the day. I have a great wife, a less than full pint glass next to my keyboard, 2 very content kittens sound asleep in my lap, and a great day ahead tomorrow.

Enjoy the little things guys. Life is good today.

...and the Geek's heart grew three sizes larger.
But then finally settled back to 1.5x its original size (he should see a doctor about that).

Merry Christmas!
(Seriously, great post)
https://www.facebook.com/DareDefendOurRights
J Krammes
Silent But Deadly

Post by J Krammes »

I have been quite down since the election, and last week really did not help. I am NEVER depressed. I just can't get out of this funk... I have stopped watching the news, and I am limiting my inernet usage to try and help. Today I spent a few hours doing what ever my two girls (4 yo twins) wanted to do. Alot of hide and seek. :D Felt good and helped alot.
Some of my work. www.jkknives.com