Proving "pre-ban"

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

SwampGator
Silent But Deadly

Proving "pre-ban"

Post by SwampGator »

If we assume items, such as threaded barrels, will be banned under and AWB, how would we prove the threading was done before the ban?
"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud." - Sophocles
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Re: Proving "pre-ban"

Post by rogerme »

SwampGator wrote:If we assume items, such as threaded barrels, will be banned under and AWB, how would we prove the threading was done before the ban?

Nobody knows yet. I am sure some liberal tard will make some stupid arbitrary nonsensical law governing this IF a ban happens.
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
AirCavBob
Silent But Deadly

Post by AirCavBob »

Receipt I guess? I just ordered a Rem 1911Enhanced yesterday. Wasn't on to get list but saw one in a big box store and figured I needed another host. Hope I did OK. Price was fair enough at the LGS
01 FFL Class III SOT
South Central Kansas
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

My guess would be pre versus post would have a marking requirement.

Every lower receiver or magazine AFTER the ban woul be required to have marking identifying it. Similar to how all AR mags are marked with a date code or "Law Enforcement/Military use only".

If they ban threaded barrels then al threaded barrels made after the ban would have a mark or symbol or something on it.

Thats the only way to identify them, ones WITHOUT a mark are pre-ban.
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

I doubt there will be any ban given the ban given the acrimony in Congress. In any case I hope it doesnt turn out like it did the last time when gun owners and enthusiasts were jumping over each other to nit pick each others guns on these forums.

For the record I had all kinds of guns during the ban that were ILLEGAL as F--k and I intend to do so again if there is a new ban.
Putting the laughter in manslaughter
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

YugoRPK wrote:...For the record I had all kinds of guns during the ban that were ILLEGAL as F--k and I intend to do so again if there is a new ban.
Drunk posting can be bad karma.

Just saying.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
jreinke
Silent But Deadly

Post by jreinke »

During the last ban, there was a serial number cut-off, where any semiauto made after the date of enactment was a "post ban" gun. I'm assuming (I know, it's a bad thing to do) that if there is a ban (that doesn't involve transfering to NFA) such a list would be produced again.
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member1236.png[/img][/url]
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

Who collects the serial numbers from all of the manufacturers? I know that I have many AR lowers from many different manufacturers. If they gather from them all, then that could be quite a list.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

bakerjw wrote:Who collects the serial numbers from all of the manufacturers? I know that I have many AR lowers from many different manufacturers. If they gather from them all, then that could be quite a list.
The manufacturers were required to provide that list, its actually pretty small, since all it is is the serial number of the LAST pre-ban receiver they produced. Anything beyond that is post-ban.

Fills a page or 2, thats it!
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

jreinke wrote:... I'm assuming (I know, it's a bad thing to do) ...
Meh... my SSNcN says you're good, at least in thought process.

An assumption is essentially taking something for granted or without proof. We all do it everyday. The key is to be discerning relative such things.

That "ass out of you and me" crap is usually spouted by those that have poor information processing skills. My second to last act before I walk out my door to go to work is to visually check for a round in the chamber of my pistol. I assume that firearm will fire that round at my bidding, anytime during my shift, should I need to do so. I bet my life on that assumption. :!:

Apologize for threadjack. Back to regularly scheduled thread assumptions. Not intimating a position on the discussion relative a future need to prove item ownership dating, nor if it becomes an eventuality, at what level the bar could be set.

(BTW, my last walking out the door act is to tell my loved one that I do. EVERY time.)
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

continuity wrote:
YugoRPK wrote:...For the record I had all kinds of guns during the ban that were ILLEGAL as F--k and I intend to do so again if there is a new ban.
Drunk posting can be bad karma.

Just saying.

Never made a secret of it then either. No one cared and there never was any enforcement of the worthless and pointless law. Not concerned in the slightest.

Every gun I built for customers back then was compliant. Nothing I built for myself was. Pretty sure I'm not going to get prosecuted over that 9 years later. I drove over the speed limit this morning too. I also downloaded a copy of the walking dead. Pretty much living on the edge over here.

In any case serial numbers done mean s--t if they do the same stupid crap they did last time. It had to be actually built in the pre ban configuration before the ban if it was a bare receiver. UNENFORCEABLE !!!!
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

YugoRPK wrote:Never made a secret of it then either. No one cared and there never was any enforcement of the worthless and pointless law. Not concerned in the slightest...
My SSNcN says.. outstanding attitude, Fk'ed up decision to broadcast it.
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

continuity wrote:
YugoRPK wrote:Never made a secret of it then either. No one cared and there never was any enforcement of the worthless and pointless law. Not concerned in the slightest...
My SSNcN says.. outstanding attitude, Fk'ed up decision to broadcast it.

I have always been a strong advocate for the civil disobedience of unconstitutional laws.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

YugoRPK wrote:I have always been a strong advocate for the civil disobedience of unconstitutional laws.
Being a martyr has it's own rewards, so I've been told. All men have their point that they feel comfortable falling on they're swords. True men that is.

Are you sure this is the time and place?
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

continuity wrote:
YugoRPK wrote:I have always been a strong advocate for the civil disobedience of unconstitutional laws.
Being a martyr has it's own rewards, so I've been told.

Like everything else its a risk to benefit analysis thing. One has to weigh the risks and decide if they are real or not . Is prosecution for building a gun into a preban configuration possible? Sure it is. It is also possible to get hit by lightning. You'd have a better chance of winning the lottery than for being prosecuted for a building a preban configuration rifle. Much like the 922r thing the old ban was a paper tiger. The old ban was a gesture with no enforcement whatsoever. I'm not in law enforcement and I don't build guns for a living any more so I'm not even going to pretend like I care. I don't.

There is no sword to fall on. At this time I can sit back on my couch with my laptop and proclaim to the world that I will ignore any assault rifle bans provisions because I would. If and when a ban goes through ( it won't ) there will be nothing in my home to find. Zip. Nada. I'm all kinds of rural. My shooting ranges are my friend (s) 40,000 acre farms. Good luck.
mudshark
Silent But Deadly

Post by mudshark »

continuity wrote:
Being a martyr has it's own rewards, so I've been told. All men have their point that they feel comfortable falling on they're swords. True men that is.

Are you sure this is the time and place?

I'm with him, and I don't mind saying it either. F--k 'em. If they wanna legislate me into being a felon for owning a semiauto rifle or a 30 round mag, then F--k it, I'm ALL in. I'll be done with gun laws.

Please understand, I'll be a good-boy right up until the very moment it becomes law, because right now, I have TONS to lose if I become a felon. But after this law? Then, as I see it, I don't have anything to lose anymore... Can't buy, can't sell, can't own.... so you tell me, what IS the difference between that and a felony conviction? Wow, so I could still get to own revolvers, pump shotguns and bolt action rifles? Oooooo, that's quite the incentive, isn't it?

Nope, if this comes to pass, and owning a semiauto rifle or 30 round mag is the same crime as having unregistered NFA, then you might as well just have anything you want...
Mitt Romney is a gun banning RINO.
snapshot
Senior Silent Operator

Post by snapshot »

I'm in agreement, but I'm concerned that A LOT of newly branded "felons" will learn to live outside the law and apply this train of thought to other actual common sense laws as well, giving us all a bad name. But then again, we'll be demonized anyway (already are) so F--k it. Let's at least remain constitutional in our rebellion, or we risk becoming the very thing we detest. Remember, "they" want us to fight this and are expecting that. Let's try not to lose our principles in the process. If it does in fact come to that point.
"And remember, the most dangerous thing in the world is still ignorance." - RYP
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

A very rural living person named Randy Weaver got caught up in a bad situation, due to a chain of events initiated by innocent activities. He decided to say screw it at some point and went into a communication mode, or lack therof, that proved horribly expensive. A wife and son would be at the top of that list. It all began innocently enough.

My SSNcN opines that if events play out, his bud could have some tough decisions to make. He went on to say, that while it may provide immediate personal satisfaction to stand up, and flip the powers that be the bird, while screaming at the top of ones lungs "FK YOU", rarely does is that a driver of constructive results.

@ snapshot: "I'm concerned that A LOT of newly branded "felons" will learn to live outside the law and apply this train of thought to other actual common sense laws as well..."
Your insight is spot on. This is perhaps just the push to speed up the break down of our society some may be looking for. It would provide impetus to the need to deploy military units to re-establish control. Not sure that would be a well thought through action, but it would a likelihood.