Transgender people and people who need to switch genders

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

LavaRed
Silent But Deadly

Transgender people and people who need to switch genders

Post by LavaRed »

Just wondering what you all think about transgender people and people who feel like the opposite gender trapped in the wrong body, for example people who feel like a girl trapped in a guy's body and all of a sudden are pressured to "come out" and "make it happen", say at a fairly advanced age around the mid twenties or so. Is it wrong? Is it just one of those things? Is it doubly wrong if they're lesbian?

Thanks,

Lava
"There are no stupid questions, only stupid people". -MAJ MALFUNCTION
ToyotaGuru
Silent Operator

Re: Transgender people and people who need to switch genders

Post by ToyotaGuru »

So your saying you are a lesbian trapped in a mans body :mrgreen:
LavaRed
Silent But Deadly

Post by LavaRed »

ToyotaGuru wrote:So your saying you are a lesbian trapped in a mans body :mrgreen:
lol :)
RWBlue
Silent But Deadly

Post by RWBlue »

No one should be "pressured" to do anything.

I would suggest no one do anything until they are 21 or 24 years old. I would even suggest finding a professional in Reno to help them make their decision. Cross dress if they want. After that, if they have talked it out with psychologist and a doctor who will do the cutting...

Personally, I can not imagine someone cutting on my....or probing other areas, so I have to imagine if they are willing to go through the procedure...
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

I cannot properly express how much this story has pissed me off.

That links to a Yahoo news story about a family in Colorado that is suing the school for "forcing" their six-year-old 'transgender' boy to use the male's restroom instead of the female's restroom.

A psychiatrist, or 'quack', in this story, verified that the little boy is in fact a little girl merely trapped in the little boy's body.

The foundation for that kid's thought processes has - and is - being so thoroughly warped and distorted, that he/it/she cannot have anything approaching a normal life now, and will likely feel a persistent angst indefinitely as a result.

I'm curious here - and I don't care if this pisses off resident atheists - but what will it be like when these parents - or practically any Muslim - die and go before God. He'll ask, "What were you thinking?" There is not an answer conceivable that makes it right.

They're running their kid, trying to corrupt other people's kids, stealing from their neighbors, and rejoicing in it?

I am pretty sure any one of the Founding Fathers would have shot both parents.

What planet am I on?

----------

Adults who are transgender, or who want to be. I don't judge you, and I'll go to the mat for you against those who oppress you. The choice to live a certain way that works for you is a choice, and 'choice' and 'freedom' aren't practically different. But that's not the same as forcing it on a person who looks to you for their shaping, care, and literal survival.
Last edited by TROOPER on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

I just thank god there were no pictures when I clicked on this thread.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

doubloon wrote:I just thank god there were no pictures when I clicked on this thread.
There are pictures in the link I provided, but they aren't NSFW in any way.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I really can't judge any of those people. I had two male friends who eventually started dressing like women and wanting to be women and both of them are dead now from suicide or drug overdoses - or that is the same thing. I have no way of knowing how they felt.

It is entirely possible to me that the boy is wired as a girl but has male organs. Maybe the parents are correct? How would I know? Let them decide how to raise their kid. The odds that they are going to force their boy into being a girl when it is unwarranted are pretty low.

Anyone watching Shameless - there is a little girl who has a "girl penis" and she is told flat out "Look - you are really a boy who was just raised as a girl."
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

silencertalk wrote:It is entirely possible to me that the boy is wired as a girl but has male organs. Maybe the parents are correct? How would I know? Let them decide how to raise their kid. The odds that they are going to force their boy into being a girl when it is unwarranted are pretty low.
Six year olds don't know a damn thing. They know what they're told. They think cutting a PB&J in half makes more of it. Most believe a fat man works his way down the non-existent chimney in their house and puts presents under the 'made-in-China' plastic tree based on the quality of the previous 365 days of behavior. It. Is. Unwarrented.

There are two parties of victim here: the six-year-old, and the community surrounding that school.

If that lawsuit is won, it paves a simple reality - any 17-year-old can claim to be "transgender", and decide that even though their birth certificate says "male", even though their DNA says "male", and even though they have a dick, they still get to use the female's locker room.... with my daughter.

None of that addresses the second victim - the community. Why the community get's a tax hike because one set of parents wants to put their little BOY in a girls' bathroom is a mystery. But then, I guess that makes as much sense as raising taxes to lower health care costs.

How about a compromise? Instead of having the restroom marked "boys" or "girls", how about we have it marked, "dicks" and "no-dicks"?

I'm somewhat surprised that as a parent yourself you'd agree with a six-year-old making such a life decision.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I have three kids. We raised them all the same way. They are each dramatically different from each other. Kids are pre-wired and parents can do very little, in my opinion.

In no way am I suggesting to let a 6 year old decide their sex. I am saying that the kid may be acting just like a girl, and the parents may be observing that - and they can't change it anymore than I can make one of my kids act like one of my other kids. I am not sure when one could make that decision, but I also do not live with that kid, so I cannot judge them. I cannot use my own experience with my kids to know what their life is like.

The real question is - how does one decide the difference between a homosexual male and a male who wants to be a woman?

How is it that 320 million people in the country and it is difficult to believe that none of them are wired as a different gender?
LavaRed
Silent But Deadly

Post by LavaRed »

doubloon wrote:I just thank god there were no pictures when I clicked on this thread.
No worries. That was not the intention. It wasn't my intention to weird anyone out.

I guess I am just trying to find out how like minded people think abt this.

While coming out at such a young age can cause problems, coming out in your mid twenties, when everyone around you is used to you being a guy is extremely hard and wears you down, apparently. It's VERY complicated.
LavaRed
Silent But Deadly

Post by LavaRed »

silencertalk wrote:
The real question is - how does one decide the difference between a homosexual male and a male who wants to be a woman?
At some point you realize that you are not at all attracted to guys, only girls, yet you still want to be a girl yourself. That's kinda how it works anyways.
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

silencertalk wrote:How is it that 190 million people in the country believe that Mary was a virgin but cannot believe that a boy could genuinely be wired as a girl?
Really?

That statistic is irrelevant for a few reasons. First, six-year-olds don't know anything; they know what they're told. it is why they believe things that cannot make any degree of logical, rational ... just no sense whatsoever (Santa). Second, popularity has no effect on truth. If zero people believed in the Virgin Mary and 100% accepted 'girl in a boy's body', it wouldn't make it any more or less true, and it wouldn't alter the situation we have here.

Aristotle is credited with saying that "it is the mark of an educated mind to entertain a thought without accepting it." I've often referred to that as 'winning on their grounds'. Like when a liberal calls 'civilian disarmament' 'gun safety', when in reality, the proposed legislation has no effect on safety. If you can prove that, it means you won on their own terms. Winning on our terms is having them call it what it is and then losing.

As it pertains to this situation - let us assume that it IS a little girl in a boy's body. Ok, and? "it" still has a dick, and that dick belongs in the boys' room. To argue against that is to suggest that anyone who claims to be trans-gender suddenly gets full access to the other gender's facilities. Normally this would be a bad idea - but in a public school, it would quickly become catastrophic. Even if the school accepts that this student has the 'right' to unrestricted access to the others' facilities, it still isn't functional - and therefore it is not an option. Or to use a different analogy: if we all agree that *free health care is the right of all Americans, that doesn't change the fact that we cannot afford it - and the morality of the situation is short-circuited by reality.

Finally, the article mentions that this child is one of three triplets. They are identical, which means that a fertilized egg split early on. If you pulled DNA on these triplets, you'd find that they are all the same person. Their hard-wirings are identical, so as a scientific metric, if they aren't ALL 'females trapped in male bodies', then none are**.

* - there is no such things as 'free', it is just assumed that it costs nothing for the end-user.
** - this is assuming that gender is a function of biochemical processes, and not something that is acquired via environment. If you believe that this is the case - that it is acquired as opposed to genetic, then you are suggesting that any of us can learn, or be drugged, or trained to become the opposite gender. That perhaps a car-wreck, an as of yet undiscovered drug injection, or an emotionally traumatic event could cause a gender shift.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I am not going to get outraged and judge them based on a news report.
Maser
Silent But Deadly

Post by Maser »

I couldn't care less what people do behind closed doors as long as it doesn't involve children or animals. I just can't stand the fact I have to acknowledge it exists. Yes, I'm cool with it, but there's NO reason whatsoever why it needs to be aired publicly unless it's amongst a group who's already into it. There's no need to air it amongst a group who's NOT into it.
My intelligence is like a suppressed rimfire pistol. You may not be able to hear it, but it certainly always hits its mark.
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

Something sure as heck is going on based on the other post. This post gives the other one a whole new meaning.

Post subject: Sorry that I haven't been in the spotlight much lately...
LavaRed wrote:I'm sorry that I have not presented much in the way of new projects lately. I've just been facing some pretty major personal issues in my life and getting significant crap sorted out before moving on to the next steps. In addition, with the coffee situation going badly things are a bit rough. So I've had to put most things on hold.
Hopefully once I get all of this sorted out and some significant changes are underway I will get back to the same standard that you are all used to from me.
Thank you for listening,
LavaRed
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=104776
-----
Ick
LavaRed
Silent But Deadly

Post by LavaRed »

I'll just copy/paste what I posted on NFA talk because I don't feel like typing it all over again:

"It's not a lifestyle at this point. Just a problem that I have struggled with ever since I was a toddler, around 5 or so if my memory serves, and which has finally kinda blown up. As a Christian and a person of strong values, I have tried every known method to conform to the standard. I have fulfilled my role so well that the two of the three people I came out to when I could hold it in no longer still cannot believe it because they say I never showed any outward signs and have always been nothing but a masculine man. But I know what I've felt inside and how I've dealt with it.
I'm definitely going to get help. Sadly the third person I came out to, who is also my lifelong best friend and a therapist, has all but refused to acknowledge the problem and has taken then approach of trying to repress me, again.
Right now I'm praying for a solution and relying on the support and love from my devoted girlfriend and the acceptance and love of my mom.
Being the only son in a conservative family where a son was craved for and desired for years and years doesn't really make matters easy. So for other members of the family are unaware of the issue, and my mother wishes for it to remain so. I am trying my best to deal with it that way.
But the inner guilt of 20 years of this, plus hiding it and having to let it out only in my alone moments, it kinda tears one apart over time.
I'm sorry I kinda dumped this on everyone's lap you know? I guess I haven't been up to my usual standard of late. And for that I apologise. "

"I've been CD'ing in secret since I was 5 or so. I am fairly passable save I'm extremely hirsute with a terrible 5 o clock shadow .

I'd only take hormones if I decide to take the big step. But I'm not sure I'm really ready for that. The rest of my family will probably disown me if I came out. And on top of the heartbreak of losing them (what happened with my best friend was already a bitter taste of what's to come), I would also probably lose my gun collection and my militaria collection, both of which are priceless to me.

I haven't really slept well in over 3 weeks over this. . Stomach and stress problems are also showing signs of returning. I'm blessed to have a girlfriend willing to go through this with me. But the guilt and shame of it all, of being a secret girl for over 20 years and of having to come out because it's all blowing up in my face isn't a picnic either.
Sorry if I'm stressing out."
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

Make yourself happy. Be true to yourself. There isn't a right answer, there's only the answer that's easier to live with.

Anyway, if you've revealed it to your inner circle of people, then there's no going back now any way.

Shave your legs, put on some fine - but not showy - hose, then either put some man pants over it, or put a dress over it. That first part is for you; the second part is for whatever you need to do to maintain relationships that aren't accustomed to the idea yet. Either way, once you get comfortable in your own skin the rest of it will work out.... or it won't... but either way, you will be you.
LavaRed
Silent But Deadly

Post by LavaRed »

TROOPER wrote:Make yourself happy. Be true to yourself. There isn't a right answer, there's only the answer that's easier to live with.

Anyway, if you've revealed it to your inner circle of people, then there's no going back now any way.

Shave your legs, put on some fine - but not showy - hose, then either put some man pants over it, or put a dress over it. That first part is for you; the second part is for whatever you need to do to maintain relationships that aren't accustomed to the idea yet. Either way, once you get comfortable in your own skin the rest of it will work out.... or it won't... but either way, you will be you.
Thanks. :) I mean it.
LavaRed
Silent But Deadly

Post by LavaRed »

Last edited by LavaRed on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

The whole thing must be a lot of torment for you and everyone in your family. I will say a prayer for you LavaRed.
-----
Ick
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

It is a tough problem. As I said, my friends are dead, and never found a solution.

They seemed to do things stealth first, like wearing panty hose, women's underwear, pained toenails - and stuff like that - stuff no one could see (actually you could see the waist band). Then tried painted fingernails, and full dress up on certain nights - perhaps for events. It absolutely made me uncomfortable being with them in public - at a gun store no less - asking to see guns, with painted fingernails. A friend or relative can want to be understanding, but it is difficult.

I think both of them said they were a lesbian trapped in a man's body. Both of them had girlfriends. Both of them were big and tall, which made it all harder.

These societal difficulties is one more reason why it is obvious that no one chooses to be this way or gay.
LavaRed
Silent But Deadly

Post by LavaRed »

silencertalk wrote:It is a tough problem. As I said, my friends are dead, and never found a solution.

They seemed to do things stealth first, like wearing panty hose, women's underwear, pained toenails - and stuff like that - stuff no one could see (actually you could see the waist band). Then tried painted fingernails, and full dress up on certain nights - perhaps for events. It absolutely made me uncomfortable being with them in public - at a gun store no less - asking to see guns, with painted fingernails. A friend or relative can want to be understanding, but it is difficult.

I think both of them said they were a lesbian trapped in a man's body. Both of them had girlfriends. Both of them were big and tall, which made it all harder.

These societal difficulties is one more reason why it is obvious that no one chooses to be this way or gay.
Yup. Started crossdressing with my girlfriend when I was around 5, in secret. Been wearing girl's stuff on and off underneath very carefully ever since. Started occasional full dressup with a wig when I was around 10, makeup a year later. Somehow never managed to get caught, and that being an only child with a very tight knit nuclear family and helicopter parents who craved a son for years. Never did go out in public fully dressed until last week. Was very pleased because I managed to pass perfectly, even took a couple's picture for them without getting read. I never really shaved my whole body until after I came out to my mother tho. Thankfully no one else has noticed yet. And I am VERY hirsute.
Fortunately I'm only 5'7, but definitely a chubby girl. I know I just look like a guy in a dress tho, which is sad.
The only people who knew before were my ex-gfs. I never made to hide it from them. All said they could handle it, only to repress it at first sight. One of them actually ended up abusing me, emotionally, physically and sexually, for it, for quite some time before cheating and leaving. :(
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Best to find a support group - people to talk to who understand.
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

Ah, life is short and you have to be happy but you also have to think of others.

"So for other members of the family are unaware of the issue, and my mother wishes for it to remain so. I am trying my best to deal with it that way."

From this I think your father doesn't know and perhaps that's best, listen to your mother, you won't be the first person that lives a double life.

I know you are religious so I suggest you pray to the most holy mother to intercede on your behalf with Christ to help you with your stomach problems and bring inner peace to you, faith can sometimes work wonders.

I will light a candle for you.