Transgender people and people who need to switch genders

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

silencertalk
Site Admin

Re: Transgender people and people who need to switch genders

Post by silencertalk »

Not a fan of praying. There is just no way God listens to prayer. First, it does not make sense. Second, it is proven to not work. Even Jim Morrison said that you cannot petition the Lord with prayer.
LavaRed
Silent But Deadly

Post by LavaRed »

Hush wrote:Ah, life is short and you have to be happy but you also have to think of others.

"So for other members of the family are unaware of the issue, and my mother wishes for it to remain so. I am trying my best to deal with it that way."

From this I think your father doesn't know and perhaps that's best, listen to your mother, you won't be the first person that lives a double life.

I know you are religious so I suggest you pray to the most holy mother to intercede on your behalf with Christ to help you with your stomach problems and bring inner peace to you, faith can sometimes work wonders.

I will light a candle for you.
Thanks. I mean it.
I guess for the time being I shall remain as is, at least until I can get everything sorted out. I don't want to make ahasty decision. Already blowing up and coming out was way too hasty. I don't want to repeat the same mistake again.
"There are no stupid questions, only stupid people". -MAJ MALFUNCTION
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

I wouldn't plan on excpecting this to stay secret forever. In my experience something like this doesn't stay secret for long once light gets shed on it.

It is like trying to fire 762 through your 7mm WSM. The pressure simply can't be contained over a long period of time.
Last edited by ick on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
-----
Ick
misfit762
Silent But Deadly

Post by misfit762 »

personally, if they feel the need to change their body into the opposite sex, go for it.

I just don't want to be forced to pay for it.
LIVE FREE OR DIE!
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

Well, I gotta say. If I were in prison for life with no chance of parole, this might be the way to go. I'd much rather grow old and die in a women's prison.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

silencertalk wrote:Not a fan of praying. There is just no way God listens to prayer. First, it does not make sense. Second, it is proven to not work. Even Jim Morrison said that you cannot petition the Lord with prayer.
Your right, God does not listen, you have to go through Christ (the son) for your prayers to be heard (by God the father).
You are missing the basics.

If you are curious ask a local priest or look it up on line.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Jesus is not the son of God in the sense of a father/son we know of. He is said to be God's human form. Praying to Jesus does not help either - that is easy to see. Religious people do not have better outcomes during health crises, they do not live longer, they are not richer, and have just as many earthquakes and natural disasters.
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

Its known as the Holy Trinity, God the father, God the son and God the Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit.

"Praying to Jesus does not help either - that is easy to see."

But if it makes a person feel better more power to them.
Fulmen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fulmen »

Honestly, I couldn't give a crap. Your body, your property, your choice. Do what you think is best for you as long as you don't violate others right to the same.
Schulze
Silent But Deadly

Post by Schulze »

My favorite was the story of the transgendered lesbian. A man with surgery and hormones to look like a woman who likes women. If I knew it, I'd ask it if, when using a strapon, if it ever missed its dick.
DMY
Senior Silent Operator

Post by DMY »

You cannot approach prayer in a one dimensional way. Sometimes we ask for the wrong things - things that are not of part of God's plan. Sometimes prayer is less asking and more listening.
silencertalk wrote: Praying to Jesus does not help either - that is easy to see. Religious people do not have better outcomes during health crises, they do not live longer, they are not richer, and have just as many earthquakes and natural disasters.
To the OP: Perhaps this is just your cross to bear. That's okay - we all have one. Keep your chin up and do the best you can! :D
hannamarin

Post by hannamarin »

I have read a lot about such people, and even celebrities! use http://bigpaperwriter.com/blog/what-it-is-like-to-be-a-transgender for enriching your knowledge about this question!
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Post by whiterussian1974 »

Welcome hannamarin.
For those that don't believe in Prayer, this thread has risen like Lazarus after 3+ yrs dead. Even Christ only lasted 3 days b/f his return.

I wonder what the record is for Revival post Dormancy?
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Hanna please feel free to comment upon anything that I post. I always like new ideas that challenge my Worldview.

I am Libertarian and agree w your sentiment, BTW. Hopefully we will become fast friends. :)

(ETA- I should have said that Christ slept for 3 days, instead of lasted. Some even believe that he might have ministered to other non-semetic peoples during his Sojern. Mormons believe that he ministered to the NorAms during that time.)
LavaRed
Silent But Deadly

Post by LavaRed »

Anyone who's curious can just ask... :)
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

LavaRed wrote:Anyone who's curious can just ask... :)
Ok, what was your resolution? Did you use hormones? Surgery? Do you have a pic of yourself instead of 'the B in apt B2' or whatever that shows name was.

I bet that you're prettier than that profile pic. We'll love you no matter how you look. We love you just for you, not your machinery. Your ideas, thoughts, feelings, contributions; not the flesh that your mind happens to be packaged in for everyday life. :D
LavaRed
Silent But Deadly

Post by LavaRed »

whiterussian1974 wrote:
LavaRed wrote:Anyone who's curious can just ask... :)
Ok, what was your resolution? Did you use hormones? Surgery? Do you have a pic of yourself instead of 'the B in apt B2' or whatever that shows name was.

I bet that you're prettier than that profile pic. We'll love you no matter how you look. We love you just for you, not your machinery. Your ideas, thoughts, feelings, contributions; not the flesh that your mind happens to be packaged in for everyday life. :D
I ended up transitioning. Currently am in transition, tho not yet out to everyone. 1.5 years of laser hair removal, 6 months of HRT at the moment, no surgery yet but it will happen. You see, I don't want to be the "guy in a dress". I don't want to be a transwoman, or that individual that challenges people's view of gender. I am a woman, period. I want my outside to reflect that as much as possible, and I don't intend to force myself on others until that is possible. Therefore, I am very slowly transitioning into a more feminine look and role.
I would have made a kickass dude. I know it. In fact, that sometimes hurts. I used to be the quintessence of a man in many ways, and people told me so. Most people said they supported me when I first came out, but when it actually started happening most backed away. I have lost many friends and such. Still, there's no way I'd go back. I'm a much happier and more focused and driven person today than I ever was before.

I don't wish to disappoint you. I'm nowhere near as beautiful as Kristen Ritter, a.k.a. Jessica Jones. I'd love to look like that one day, but I have neither the face nor the body. I'm a heavier girl to be honest. But..., you asked, so here goes:

Me about 2 years back, before starting Laser Hair Removal:

My current everyday look:

All the way as a girl. Only wig, breastforms, and makeup added:

whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Lava: You were a handsome man, and are becoming a pretty woman. Good for you.

Do you feel more comfortable now? More "in the correct configuration?"

You should (and have) done whatever makes you most comfortable. You certainly have my support and continued love and respect. :)
Fulmen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fulmen »

Hey Lava, so that's how we get more chicks into guns?

Congratulations on your transition, hope it works out. Sorry to hear you lost friends over this, but that's their loss.
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

Go Lava.

I believe in choice... with consequence. Everyone should have the freedom to do what they want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. If your actions harm others, you should have to pay for them.
If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst or explode, it's not worth shooting.
LavaRed
Silent But Deadly

Post by LavaRed »

whiterussian1974 wrote:Lava: You were a handsome man, and are becoming a pretty woman. Good for you.

Do you feel more comfortable now? More "in the correct configuration?"

You should (and have) done whatever makes you most comfortable. You certainly have my support and continued love and respect. :)
Aww, thank you!

Yes, I feel tonnes more comfortable now. I'm a much more confident, collected and focused person today than I ever was before. To many others before this has sounded like crap, but before, as a man, I had everything to be happy, and yet I used to not want to get out of bed every morning. I procrastinated everything, and I felt like I had nothing to live for. Which was really ungrateful to God.
However, now that I am becoming myself, I wake up bright and early, full of energy and goals. I work out, I do things, and I want to live live live! I'm no longer scared to go out or to talk on the phone. It's like before, I was scared of people because I felt a morbid fear that they would see right through me and think I was a fake, even tho even I didn't know what I was faking! Now all of that is gone, and I feel normal, even tho I get goggled at all the time by strangers. Can't blame them, really, but it's all a process.

I won't lie, one of my few regrets is not having had the courage to start this before. I realized it painfully for the first time when I was 18, but I shoved it down and kept it there. I'm 28 now, and I'd gladly give away half my ammo stash if I could be 18 again. I do feel like I missed out on a life.
LavaRed
Silent But Deadly

Post by LavaRed »

Fulmen wrote:Hey Lava, so that's how we get more chicks into guns?

Congratulations on your transition, hope it works out. Sorry to hear you lost friends over this, but that's their loss.
I lost my best friend. He's a US trained psychologist, and nowadays every time we talk he goes all conversion therapy on me. Like, he thinks I'm a confused man, he thinks I'm like this because I have not succeeded in life (who has at 28, right?), etc. I try to indulge him as much as I can, so as not to hurt his feelings, but sometimes I have to keep him from crossing lines. So, it's gone from a pleasant friendship into a battlefield.

I've lost many other friends too. They stopped hanging out, or have told me quite frankly that they can never see me as a woman. I guess there's nothing I can do about that.

Fortunately I did not lose my girlfriend or my mother, so I got that going for me. :) . And there's a lot of you fine friends who still remain, so it's nowhere near tragic, thank God.
LavaRed
Silent But Deadly

Post by LavaRed »

strobro32 wrote:Go Lava.

I believe in choice... with consequence. Everyone should have the freedom to do what they want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. If your actions harm others, you should have to pay for them.
Agreed. I was taught early in life that every decision has a consequence (or several). I fully understand that I cannot expect everyone to agree with my choice, or to be nice to me about it. But you can't please anyone anyways, so yeah. I don't believe that being transgender is a choice. I most certainly believe it to be genetic, or brain related. But I do believe that acting on it is. I did have a choice. I had it made as a man. I had a choice between having the world at my feet while being miserable, or being true to myself and turning my back on the world. I chose the latter. It was not an easy choice, or one made hastily, but it was my choice nonetheless, and one that I can say now I was right in making. And yes, that choice comes with many consequences, including loss of privilege, social standing, increased vulnerability, etc.

One thing I do get riled up about it is the haters. While I don't expect everyone to like me and my kind, I do expect as much respect as I give back. And that means some boundaries must be kept. I have not had big problems yet, but there have been a few. Like a waiter at a restaurant who gave me the evil eye since we came in and made a point of getting my order all wrong and delayed. Or the salesgirl who kicked me out of a store I used to be a regular at because "it could scare the other customers away", which, in my defense, I was not doing anything wrong. And of course I've gotten into quite a few bathroom debates online with people, and got called the gamut of names. Haters rile me up because I believe hate was also a choice, and I don't have to be happy about their hate. It's their right to not agree with my choice, and it's my right not to agree with their believes, but it's their choice to try to hurt me for it. Respect could be had both ways through mutual détente.