Do you own a watch ?

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Do you own a watch ?

Post by Bendersquint »

Only time I ever wear/wore a watch was when I was forward. Any other time I use my phone if I HAVE to know the time.

Wouldn't mind a nice watch, maybe someday.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I wish I just had one nice watch. Having more than one is a pain. Also my life was a lot simpler when I just had a Glock 19 and an AR15. I miss that.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

silencertalk wrote:Also my life was a lot simpler when I just had a Glock 19 and an AR15. I miss that.
I can help you out on that, I will send you my FFL and just transfer everything but the G19 and the AR15 to me and you won't miss that simpler life anymore.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I was waiting for that.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

silencertalk wrote:I was waiting for that.
:wink:
bigbigpig
Silent But Deadly

Post by bigbigpig »

And I'll take your extra watches. Actually just your Seamaster if you don't want it anymore.
JohnnyC
Silent But Deadly

Post by JohnnyC »

I don't mind having a couple nice watches.

Suunto Core for normal every day use, sometimes gets swapped with the Bombfrog. Bombfrog for diving use. There's no way in hell I'm gonna take a Submariner diving. Enough s--t happens under the water, I don't need to add losing a $5k watch to that.

I've got a cool NFNT all bamboo watch just for funzies sometimes. That's about it. I've got a couple other watches I've snagged off Woot, but really just having a couple is fine with me. Each has a purpose, each fills its role well.
tsands974
Silent But Deadly

Post by tsands974 »

Haven't worn a watch since my last deployment, but if I were to get a really nice watch as a gift, I might wear it.
Casper
Silent But Deadly

Post by Casper »

I read over this thread a few days ago and didn't have much to add, but I forgot my watch this morning... and I find myself looking at my wrist and not getting the answers I need. It would seem I have a watch habit.
Davo5o
Silent But Deadly

Post by Davo5o »

When I was in NYC I bought a really nice Folex submariner for 80$ in china town. First shop I asked. Dude pulled it out of a brown paper bag. They don't keep them on the racks.

I wear it anytime I'm in a suit. Which is not often.

I get compliments on it and just laugh to myself.

Cell phone for everyday use.
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." -Goethe
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

I haven't worn a wristwatch in 15 years or so, guess what I caught myself doing the other day...it was a WTF moment. :lol:
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

Davo5o wrote:When I was in NYC I bought a really nice Folex submariner for 80$ in china town. First shop I asked. Dude pulled it out of a brown paper bag. They don't keep them on the racks.

I wear it anytime I'm in a suit. Which is not often.

I get compliments on it and just laugh to myself.

Cell phone for everyday use.

Good thing about living in the sticks is that I dont know anyone who would even recognize a fake Rolex as being a Rolex copy much less a real one.

Theres a lot I like about living in the sticks.
Putting the laughter in manslaughter
GlockandRoll
Silent But Deadly

Post by GlockandRoll »

I have a rolex and a brietling, and both will tell time after an EMP and both will be family heirlooms.. my pile of old smartphones will do neither such thing.
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Post by whiterussian1974 »

I have worn a Timex Indiglo since I became a corrections Officer in Feb 1996. Didn't have a cell phone and they weren't allowed at work. I like that the face lights up. Very useful during night or indoor work when possibility of power failure.
Since I became a Deputy I try not to use my cell phone. They break far too often to use as a timepiece. But they do make a good emergency light.
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314
Conqueror
Elite Member

Post by Conqueror »

I wear a titanium Ciizen Eco-Drive. While I take my watch off frequently at work to scrub, I still think it serves a role that a cell phone cannot replace. I don't like the idea of pronouncing someone dead with family in the room and then whipping out my iPhone to check the time of death.
[b]Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?[/b]
tylermtech
Silent But Deadly

Post by tylermtech »

I have a couple of watches, but don't wear one or my wedding ring. I used to not be able to wear any jewelry at work, so I got out of the habit. I still have a lot of hobbies that I work around power tools, so I don't wear one much. I guess I don't need either one to keep me on task!!

I do have a phone that I use for time keeping though.
DKDravis
Silent But Deadly

Post by DKDravis »

Yeahh .. I own a few... mainly I use only one of them .. A Casio G-shock ... In my line of work I need to be able to check the internal clocks in equipment, accurate preferably to the nearest second... The Radio controlled Casio does just that... It's powered by light, made from some kind of plastic that takes almost any abuse, and probably will survive as much EMP as I will... :wink:

I like the really well made mechanical watches ... so a couple of old Fortis "Flieger"s are my "dress watches" if I can be bothered.
DKDravis

"Sapere Aude": Dare to KNOW!
"Do not adjust your mind, there's a fault in reality!"
"When Wrong becomes Right, Resistance becomes our duty!"
Postal code 8541