Why the show Walking Dead sucks.

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

silencertalk
Site Admin

Why the show Walking Dead sucks.

Post by silencertalk »

If you had an M16, a few mags on you, ammo was no longer made, only a head shot would stop them, and there were about 100 zombies, wouldn’t you semi auto to the head?

They are using full a auto.

Also, different groups of people call the zombies every possible name, except no one calls them what they are - zombies.
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Re: Why the show Walking Dead sucks.

Post by poikilotrm »

It is a very poorly made documentary.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
ThaDoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThaDoubleJ »

I would use a combine, seems there'd be plenty of diesel for a while, and I saw what a combine did to a deer once, save the bullets for regular people.
Proper grammar is awesome.
WhisperFan
Silent But Deadly

Post by WhisperFan »

silencertalk wrote:If you had an M16, a few mags on you, ammo was no longer made, only a head shot would stop them, and there were about 100 zombies, wouldn’t you semi auto to the head?

Also, different groups of people call the zombies every possible name, except no one calls them what they are - zombies.
At least those are the only unrealistic parts of that series :wink:
As nightfall does not come all at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such a twilight that we all must be aware of change in the air -- however slight -- lest we become unwilling victims of the darkness.
Justice William O. Douglas
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

Keep in mind that the people on the show are the last f'in morons to get out of Atlanta...and one of their vehicles was a 1973 Winnebago that broke down every three miles. I looked at it as major fail when the Zombies arrived.
Conqueror
Elite Member

Post by Conqueror »

silencertalk wrote:If you had an M16, a few mags on you, ammo was no longer made, only a head shot would stop them, and there were about 100 zombies, wouldn’t you semi auto to the head?

Yes, and Wanted was only shitty because bullets don't actually curve. :lol:
[b]Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?[/b]
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Yeah. Cars don't break down anymore like they used to.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Why does everyone on the show use a cross-draw holster? I have never seen a cross draw holster used ever.
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Post by a_canadian »

In this week's episode the surviving preacher's daughter is wearing her revolver holster on her right buttock. Seriously.
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

Week before they traveled hours to another town and did not even bring a rifle, medical, food, or water. I do not even that TODAY.
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

renegade wrote:Week before they traveled hours to another town and did not even bring a rifle, medical, food, or water. I do not even that TODAY.
I don't know if you meant to say "I do not even do that TODAY"... or if you meant to go with the lilting Shakespearean pauses of "I do... not even that.... TODAY!" As though there are a lot of things you don't do.... to include even "that". But either way, mistake or intentional, that has got to be one of the most magnificent utterances of the internet this week.

If it's an error - do not fix it!

RJT
Silent But Deadly

Post by RJT »

To list all the reasons why The Walking Dead sucks, RS would need a new server.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Prince Yamato
Silent But Deadly

Post by Prince Yamato »

It takes place in the South. Zombies are killed by bullets to the head.

Right there is why the series doesn't work. I think a zombie outbreak would last all of a couple hours in the South before it was put down.
BISHOP
Silent But Deadly

Post by BISHOP »

How many seasons has it been? Has it been a year yet in the series? Zombies are self destructing. After a month the meat would rot away, and animals would be feasting.

BISHOP
The Rusty wire, that holds the cork, that keeps the anger in, gives way.....
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

Sons of Anarchy is equally as bad.
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Post by whiterussian1974 »

Prince Yamato wrote:It takes place in the South. Zombies are killed by bullets to the head.

Right there is why the series doesn't work. I think a zombie outbreak would last all of a couple hours in the South before it was put down.
Great point! I don't know the figures, but I'd expect that 3% of the populace would be armed BEFORE notification. And about 35% of urban population would have rifles, and 60% w pistols after being informed of the outbreak. Even more rifles in rural areas.

W/i 2 weeks the "walkers" would be mopped up. BUT, whenever someone dies NEW walkers are created.

The medical theory is that Rabies is the most likely cause of "zombielike" symptoms. Though mental disease can also cause similar behaviors. Aggression, Aggitation, Torpor, muscular rigidity, stilted walking, confusion, etc.

A point that I wondered: If someone is bitten they turn, and EVERYONE that dies turns. So, why would being bitten excellerate the infection? And, how could the disease have a 100% infection rate? Surely there would be SOME natural immunity. And how could the illness spread without coming into contact w those who are infected? If viral, then an infected would have to breath on someone to transmit the vector. So just wear a face mask.

The only way that I could see a "Universal" worldwide infection vector would be Gamma Ray/RF-type. Or maybe HAARP in Alaska?

Hmmmm? :shock: 8) :twisted:
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

whiterussian1974 wrote:
Prince Yamato wrote:It takes place in the South. Zombies are killed by bullets to the head.

Great point! I don't know the figures, but I'd expect that 3% of the populace would be armed BEFORE notification. And about 35% of urban population would have rifles, and 60% w pistols after being informed of the outbreak. Even more rifles in rural areas.

W/i 2 weeks the "walkers" would be mopped up. BUT, whenever someone dies NEW walkers are created.

The medical theory is that Rabies is the most likely cause of "zombielike" symptoms. Though mental disease can also cause similar behaviors. Aggression, Aggitation, Torpor, muscular rigidity, stilted walking, confusion, etc.

A point that I wondered: If someone is bitten they turn, and EVERYONE that dies turns. So, why would being bitten excellerate the infection? And, how could the disease have a 100% infection rate? Surely there would be SOME natural immunity. And how could the illness spread without coming into contact w those who are infected? If viral, then an infected would have to breath on someone to transmit the vector. So just wear a face mask.

The only way that I could see a "Universal" worldwide infection vector would be Gamma Ray/RF-type. Or maybe HAARP in Alaska?

Hmmmm? :shock: 8) :twisted:

Yes, I watch it all the time and I'm not anal about fiction so I let myself get into the story without questioning the factual correctness.In any case if you go back to the CDC episodes in Atlanta most of that is covered. Everyone has the disease. Its just manifests upon death. No explanation i sever given as to where it comes from or how widespread it is. The world at large is hardly ever mentioned.

George Romero refused to direct a couple of episodes saying it was just a soap opera. It is and that explains its success. Its not just the undead chasing people around and eating them as in Romeros zombies. The walkers are almost secondary to the main plot at times. Ive read somewhere that over the shows run its been the highest rated TV show of all time. That is a little hard to swallow.

My favorite episode...Nebraska ! I watched it afew times before I noticed the T shirt on the guy behind the bar. The sharks were circling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf-z0Fwxbmg
Putting the laughter in manslaughter
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Post by a_canadian »

Yeah, that scene was pretty hilarious. But highest ratings? Seriously? What about Breaking Bad? That had a soap opera quality too, but it was tightly written a lot of the time and very well acted, which is more than I can say for Walking Dead on either count.
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

a_canadian wrote:Yeah, that scene was pretty hilarious. But highest ratings? Seriously? What about Breaking Bad? That had a soap opera quality too, but it was tightly written a lot of the time and very well acted, which is more than I can say for Walking Dead on either count.
Other than the 2nd half of last season, TWD ratings are like 3-5x BB. It is definitely one of the highest rated cable shows, and are still very high.
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Post by a_canadian »

So was Lost. Remember that fiasco? Soap opera in the jungle. Sexy young thing from Saskatchewan kept me coming back... that, and my daughter twisted my arm into watching it with her. Then it turned out it was all a dream, basically. Some f'd up pseudo-Christian BS explaining it all away as somehow being a necessary step on the road to Heaven. Unbelievably weak-assed story telling fail. I check in on Walking Dead, now and then, and am mostly waiting to see the episode when it's all just a wet dream cooked up by some prepper. Last episode we'll see some guy in a bunker with his 480,000 rounds of .22"LR and his racks and racks of baked pork and beans, his E-Z Boy surrounded by Bud Light cans, and he'll be sporting one hell of a hangover. He'll open his eyes, moan, almost puke a little, then say "Wut the F? It was all just a dream? Dammit!"
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

a_canadian wrote:Yeah, that scene was pretty hilarious. But highest ratings? Seriously? What about Breaking Bad? That had a soap opera quality too, but it was tightly written a lot of the time and very well acted, which is more than I can say for Walking Dead on either count.
Far surpasses every other cable show and all but a select few broadcast shows but given the way AMC runs them over and over again they have maximum exposure . As far as the Demographics numbers that really matter it is the all time king of TV ratings. Old people don't buy stuff . 20-40 year olds do. The producers of that show are laughing all the way to the bank.

http://www.ew.com/article/2013/11/11/th ... ad-ratings
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

a_canadian wrote:So was Lost. Remember that fiasco? Soap opera in the jungle. Sexy young thing from Saskatchewan kept me coming back... that, and my daughter twisted my arm into watching it with her. Then it turned out it was all a dream, basically. Some f'd up pseudo-Christian BS explaining it all away as somehow being a necessary step on the road to Heaven. Unbelievably weak-assed story telling fail. I check in on Walking Dead, now and then, and am mostly waiting to see the episode when it's all just a wet dream cooked up by some prepper. Last episode we'll see some guy in a bunker with his 480,000 rounds of .22"LR and his racks and racks of baked pork and beans, his E-Z Boy surrounded by Bud Light cans, and he'll be sporting one hell of a hangover. He'll open his eyes, moan, almost puke a little, then say "Wut the F? It was all just a dream? Dammit!"
Damn you for reminding me of Lost. Damn you to hell!
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Post by a_canadian »

sorry. That was a bit mean wasn't it. I won't do it again. F--k that show. And Revolution, F--k that show too. I should have known it would decay into nonsense once 'Rachel' showed up in it too. She's death to shows.
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Post by whiterussian1974 »

I know entire families that get together and have WD parties. They makeup like zombies or car accident victims and watch 4 episodes while S-faced drunk and the kids pretending to kill each other by biting or stabbing/shooting headshots.
Got to watch the teens. Some mysterious hickies have shown up. Neck and others. :oops:
IN houston they've have "WD Experience" where thousands get made-up and shuffle around an arena or a cordoned area of streets.

If I was in the situation, I'd stock up on suppressed Ruger 10/22 w grosses of .22 ammo bricks. Only a few .45 and .308 for Preditors.

I also like the arrow and knike eye-shots. Plus other semi-inventive tools and techniques. The Black Beauty's use of "defanged" walkers was pretty cool. 8)

THere have been a few Plague shows. 12 Monkeys, The Last Ship, etc. Definitely a popular meme.
Like prior yrs Jerico, Steven King's The Town, etc where the Gov't collapses or the town is isolated from external control. THe locals can either rise to the challenge, or devolve into animals. Scavengers and Preditors.
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

Sounds like Night of the Living Dead w/ Patricia Tallman. Story took place over one night with a small group trying to stay barricaded in a house against the zombies. Next morning Patricia Tallman gets rescued and taken to a safe place. There is a BIG time redneck rodeo going on. They're not only rounding up and kill the zombies, they're making games of it.