The War on Cops.

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

The War on Cops.

Post by poikilotrm »

The FBI says it is BS. Can we trust the FBI? How about all the agencies who report to the FBI? Can we trust any of them?

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/fbis-own ... ger_052016

FBI’s Own Report Exposes “War on Cops” as Pure Propaganda — It’s the Citizens Who Are in Danger
May 19, 2016 | The Free Thought Project
by William N. Grigg

Following a year in which the public was relentlessly barraged with alarmist rhetoric about a “war on cops” and the dreadful impact of the so-called “Ferguson Effect,” official FBI statistics confirm that violent line-of-duty police deaths declined precipitously in 2015.

According to the Bureau:
“Preliminary statistics … show that 41 law enforcement officers were feloniously killed in the line of duty in 2015. This is a decrease of almost 20 percent when compared with the 51 officers killed in 2014.” A greater number of officers (45) suffered fatal injuries in duty-related accidents, 41 of which involved motor vehicles.
Through May 17 of this year, according to the Officer Down Memorial Page, there have been 35 line-of-duty police officer deaths, 21 of which involve violence, such as gunfire or vehicular assault. This suggests that 2016 might see an increase in that grim total, but fortunately that remains only a possibility.

Throughout 2015, law enforcement officials, police unions, and even FBI Director James Comey warned of a “war on cops” that was supposedly an outgrowth of what they called the “Ferguson Effect” – police reluctance to use force because of concerns over negative publicity. On May 10, for instance, Comey reiterated that theme, insisting that the “viral video effect” has changed “the way police may be acting” by inhibiting them from taking assertive action to deal with violent crime. This supposedly leaves police more insecure, thereby emancipating criminals to wreak havoc on under-protected communities.

However, as former Baltimore police officer-turned-police reform advocate Michael Wood Jr. told The Intercept, there are cases in which less aggressive policing has corresponded to a decline in violent crime: Where police don’t treat the public as an enemy to be subdued, the public responds by seeking help, and giving it, in the effort to deter crimes against persons and property.
“Police now for the first time are having to consider the consequences of being brutal, being unethical, and doing things that for the longest time they could do and not be accountable for,” Wood declares. “But that doesn’t make crime happen.”
Comey’s melodramatic statements about a “chill wind blowing through law enforcement,” and reliance on things he has been told “in lots of conversations privately with police leaders” demonstrate that “he is pushing an ideology,” Woods continues. “Comey’s position is that if the armed enforcement wing of the government takes its boot off the neck of the public, just a little, then we will just become killers.”

While fewer police suffered violent deaths last year than in any year since 2013 – when 27 officers were feloniously killed – there is no evidence that the police have been inhibited in the use of deadly force. According to unofficial tabulations, at least 1,200 Americans died in violent encounters with the police last year. Official notice is taken of each of the exceedingly rare instances in which police are violently killed, but there is no official tally of people killed by the police, or accounting for whether each use of lethal force was legally justified.

It is true, as Comey and other law enforcement officials have said, that last year’s murder rate was about eleven percent higher than the year before, as defined by crime statistics gathered in the country’s 30 largest cities. However, as the Brennan Center for Justice points out in its detailed report on the subject, “Even with the 2015 increases, murder rates are roughly the same as they were in 2012”; furthermore, while murder rates were up in 14 of the 30 largest cities, 11 others saw that rate go down last year.

When all documented offenses against persons and property were taken into account, elaborates the Brennan Center, the crime rate for 2015 declined by 1.5 percent.
“It is important to remember just how much crime has fallen in the last 25 years,” underscores the Brennan Center report. “The crime rate is now half what it was in 1990, and almost a quarter (22 percent) less than it was at the turn of the century.”
Since violent on-duty police deaths are vanishingly rare, and crime of all kinds at near-historic lows, what is the real “Ferguson Effect”?

Perhaps the true meaning of that expression is found in the emergence of a movement spearheaded by police unions to define law enforcement as a “specially protected category” for the purposes of “hate crimes” prosecution.

Police officers already enjoy the benefits of “Blue Privilege” – qualified immunity and special consideration in the use of occupational violence. Criminal offenses against police officers are already treated as serious felonies. However, at the urging of police unions and their allies, legislatures in several states are considering bills that would treat violence against police – such as actively resisting arrest – as hate crimes.

Versions of that legislation, which is supported by the Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) – the country’s largest police union – have been introduced in Maryland and Louisiana, and as ordinances in several cities. The Louisiana bill, HB 953, would make any offense committed against a person or property because of “actual or perceived … employment as a law enforcement officer or firefighter” a felony punishable by up to five years in prison and a $5,000 fine.

An FOP-supported bill in Maryland that would likely serve as a model for federal legislation would make resisting arrest a “hate crime” owing to the identity of the supposed victim. State legislatures elsewhere are considering similar measures, and some municipal governments are enacting resolutions endorsing the FOP’s demand to swaddle police officers in federal “specially protected” status.

In a letter to President Obama, Chuck Canterbury, National President of the armed tax-feeders’ union, demanded that “the current Federal hate crimes law be expanded to include law enforcement officers. This call has gone unanswered and our nation’s law enforcement officers continue to die in the streets.”

Displaying tone-deafness as to what his comments say about the supposed valor of police officers, Canterbury demanded that cops be designated a “specially protected” group who are “hunted and targeted just because of the uniform they wear.” This woeful account of insurgent criminals and besieged cops evolved into a demand that “hate speech” be treated as a federal offense.

“Elected officials are quick to console the families of the fallen and praise us for the difficult and dangerous work that we do every day,” sniffles the FOP commissar. “Yet, too many are silent when the hate speech floods the media with calls for violence against police or demands that police stand down and give them” – Canterbury never defines “them,” interestingly – “`room to destroy.’ The violence will not end until the rhetoric does which is why I have called on Congress and your Administration to work with us to address the surge of violence against police by expanding the Federal hate crimes law to protect police.” (Emphasis added.)

The objective here, once again, is to penalize rhetoric as a criminal act against a member of a specially protected class. Apparently, the “War on Cops” won’t be won until citizens who criticize them face criminal prosecution for doing so.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Re: The War on Cops.

Post by whiterussian1974 »

{The following is an editorial from a Private Citizen and no way reflects the Office or Employment of Same. It's only a reflective musing upon the current state of Civil Enforcement of Petty Crime.}---
I needed to ponder this for several days. I counldn't be sure what (if anything) I could contribute perspective-wise to this.

I've decided to confirm some bias in messaging.

Yes, the 'War on Cops' is a Rhetorical device used to gain sympathy. It's really a war of speech. Should the Tax-paying citizens be allowed Free Speech against an apparently aggressive and confrontational Police Presence?

Only if Gov't intends to perpetuate the illusion of a Free and Open Society where people should be free from: Official Oppression, Harrassment, Unlawful Search and Seizure, Infringement of Foundamental Constitutional and Human Rights.

Otherwise the Despotic Reign of Terror familiar to E German Stasi and Stalinist NKGB should continue under DHS and the State Terror Organs.

The REAL 'War on Police' is funded and initiated by the White House and (in)Justice Dept. The Baltimore trials against the Civil Servants who were following the Mandates of the very Politicians who where later to accuse those Police of Civil Rights and State Crimes are a case in point. They didn't want to: arrest people for selling loose cigarettes, place subjects in positional submission and direction holds, or enforce the EXTREMELY pedantic City Ordinances which get the Politicos so much added revenue.

Yet we're the idiot pigs who must eat the garbage thrown in the Civic Trough. Nuzzling the rotten turnips and lettuce that's too small for the other City Depts to go after. The pathetic $35 fine that has $135 court processing fee, $85 recording fee, $35 Certification fee, and an $85 Notorized Receipt of payment attached to that tiny $35 fine.

And this is the crap that we are daily sent to risk our and others' lives for. These pathetic little Littering-type cases that don't exist so much as a deterent, but as a means to levy funds from people too poor to fight City Hall. Those who aren't already paying thousands of $ per year in variously itemized Property, School, and Income Taxes.

Well, yes, I think that citizens have every Right to video our Policy-driven behaviors. We are required to conduct ourselves in the manner which our Policies dictate. Then we're thrown over the cliff with the garbage when those Policies come to light. And we aren't allowed to even verbally defend our actions. Sealed Gag Orders get slapped on us before our 1st pre-trial Hearing. So the Public never even gets to hear why we behave as we do.

That's the Real Trajedy. That we must suffer in a Conditional Silence. And so the Policies that drive the needless deaths of the weakest among us, never see the Cleansing Rays of Sunshine that disinfect such corrupt Policies. And the Public never understands what they should actually be protesting against.
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

whiterussian1974 wrote:. They didn't want to: arrest people for selling loose cigarettes, place subjects in positional submission and direction holds, or enforce the EXTREMELY pedantic City Ordinances which get the Politicos so much added revenue.
Sorry hoss, but the Nuremberg defense was s--t then, and it is s--t now. Add to that a number of SCOTUS and lower court decisions that affirm that cops are under no obligation to enforce the law and your assertion falls apart.

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY told those goons to choke anybody out over loose cigarettes. In fact, the cops have all been told to not use choke holds for the very sane reason that it kills people, often people who have done nothing to warrant such abuse.

Eric Garner was engaged in capitalism. The cops who murdered him are parasites. The cop's owners are anti-capitalist cronies. Guess who the good guy was in those three groups?

If cops want sympathy, they can start being the good guys, and they can start by policing their own ranks. It ain't gonna happen, so they resort to puling about some imaginary war on cops, etc.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Poiki: We seem to agree yet again. I'm not invoking the Nuremberg Def.

In fact the Big 4 USA, UK, FRA, SOV are the only 4 which should be held to this standard as THEY are the 4 which held this {IMHO} illegal verdict in contravention of Int'l Law. Were ANY US Commanders executed for the WMD firebombing of Dresden/Tokyo/etc? The Terror Bombing of various European, Asian, African, etc sites?

Why wasn't Harry Truman hung for Crimes Against Humanity? The single Power to unleash the destructive power of a Sun upon a Civilian Populace in all the annals of Human History. And the Enola Gay crew who committed atrocities FAR worse than the Auschwitz camp guards. Most of whom never engaged in any shower gassings, or other executions for non-punitive reasons. Escape, Riot, attacking a guard, fomenting Unrest, etc.

I'm not stating that the Enola Gay crew SHOULD have been hung for War Crimes, though firebombing civil populations WAS a War Crime just as chemical warfare. And Truman saved posibly 500k USA troops by avoiding a seabourne invasion of the Home Islands.

Yet, HE and the other 'Allies' (Noose Powers) held that their OWN actions violated War and Humanity Crimes. How did they manage to escape Justice? Oh yeah, Victor's Justice means only those who follow the Rules are punished for their decentcy. Hitler and the OKW refused to use Firebombing, Chemical, Biological, Radiologic (dirty bombs), so of course those Generals needed hung. :x

Again, I'm NOT arguing the error of Noose Powers conduct during the War. Just their holding the double standard against those who behaved better and lost the war as a result. :(

Yet Operation Paperclip brought the Unit 731 Criminals and V2 Engineers to USA for exploitation of their Criminal Experience. Even Herr Doktor Proffessor Josef Mengela (sp) es rumored to have had his research used by the Noose Powers. This was critical to Arctic, Ocean, and Space Warfare Operations during 1950s-today. :?
----
And you are correct. If enforcing the City Ordinence preventing the Commercial Sales of non-labeled cigarettes by non-licensed dealers was an unlawful statute, the cops would have been legally justified to refuse to arrest Eric Garner. They would face dismissal, but no charges should have been sustained against them.

And they DIDN'T use a 'choke hold'. Please review the tape. His trachea wasn't crushed. This was a restraint, not an esophagial blocking hold. Your medical knowledge should verify this.

Who 'ordered' its use? The Restrained Suspect did via his refusal to submit to a lawful arrest and the lawful commands issued by ofrs who properly ID'd themselves. If you have evidence to the contrary, please tell me. I'm only too happy to admit my mistakes upon production of clarifying evidence.

Parasites? I'd argue Symbiotes, but they definitely exhibited parasitic attributes in this case. His Sec 8 Housing should have been denied, rather than a criminal enforcement.

"Puling?" I'm unfamiliar about this term. Maybe you meant "polling?" Or pulling from our rears?

But the 'Work Slowage' in issuing tickets and citations that increase City Revenues in NYC, Balt, Phili, etc are definitely sending their message to City Hall. Don't send us to commit Criminal Conspiracies and then throw us to the wolves. You're just as complicit as we are. In Fact, those who order the Resettlement Along the Trail of Tears are even MORE guilty than those sent to enforce it. ('Trail of Tears' is what inspired Hitler to "resettle" Jews to "The East" where death camps received less scrutiny.)
---
Be careful about suggesting how we could increase sympathy. The current exposure of criminal acts is allowing a catharsis of unjust policies. Once we cover these with 'Officer Friendly" PR like the '70s, the unmittigated corruption will ramp up even further. And w tanks as Standard Loadouts, a 30 day 'Suppression Action' would leave USA changed forever. Hitler would have wet dreams over the Tech now available to current and future Dictators.

Your and My Net Pressence could send us to the top of the Roundup Lists. Maybe not the Top. But mid-range or lower. Our vocal support of Ethics would probably rank us in the 20% from bottom, with other Watchdogs and Advocates. :shock: :(
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

One of my favorite words.

pule
/pyo͞ol/
verb
literary

gerund or present participle: puling

to cry querulously or weakly.
"she's no puling infant"
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

Eric Garner wasn't choked. His fat ass died because his ass was fat. He broke the law selling loose cigarettes, and the shop-owner -- also a minority -- that he was selling in front of called the cops. The cops asked him to stop and leave, but he himself escalated that dumb situation into something dumber.

Me personally? I don't give a flying f--k about someone selling a loose cigarette. That's the textbook definition of stupid, because the tax was paid on the cigarette when that same fat ass bought the cigarettes as a pack, so the law is dumb on many levels.

Second, the dumb fat ass shouldn't have been a dumb fat ass. He's so poor that he's "hustling loosies", but he's so un-poverty stricken that he's grossly obese; I love America, but fat ain't poor.... and the tired excuse of "they can't afford quality food!11!!!" was dead-on-arrival, and tossing it up into the air doesn't keep it from being any deader than dumb dead fat ass Eric Garner.

The guy had enough and "made his stand" against the stupid laws that were preventing him from making a buck so he could buy his 40 for the day. He treated the cops like they were the face of the mindless, fascist law-makers that stuck their nose into an interaction involving one person and a loose cigarette. All that dumb fat ass had to do was leave and sell his loosies a block over.

As far as cops being corrupt... yep. Cops are people, and some people are corrupt. Not a big shocker. But using the Eric Garner case as an anti-cop example is beyond retarded. As far as so-called "cop-bashing" stories being posted here... yes-and-no. If the story is factual, then it isn't cop-bashing, it's just reality, and reporting reality will never be anything but good. It's "sunshine" that cures that kind of corruption, so post away.

... but Eric Garner's case? There's so many legitimate instances of police wrong-doing that it doesn't even make sense to use Eric Garner.
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

TROOPER wrote:Me personally? I don't give a flying f--k about someone selling a loose cigarette. That's the textbook definition of stupid, because the tax was paid on the cigarette when that same fat ass bought the cigarettes as a pack, so the law is dumb on many levels.

Second, the dumb fat ass shouldn't have been a dumb fat ass. He's so poor that he's "hustling loosies", but he's so un-poverty stricken that he's grossly obese; I love America, but fat ain't poor.... and the tired excuse of "they can't afford quality food!11!!!" was dead-on-arrival, and tossing it up into the air doesn't keep it from being any deader than dumb dead fat ass Eric Garner.
:lol: :P "giggle giggle"
I wish that I was permitted to agree with you, but I'm prevented from publicly commenting upon the death of fatasses at their own "tragic" hands.
---
Selling "loosies" wasn't what was illegal. It's the not paying Commercial Property Taxes, Health Inspection Fees, etc, etc, etc. A textbook case of Gov't RICO violations that are allowed under Doctrine of Sovereign Immunity.
---
I particularly agree with your views on Human Nature and Sunshine Disinfectant. We 100% agree with that. I think that Poiki agrees too. But perhaps prefers more of a "Scorched Earth" policy.

He'll be able to better comment upon that. My "Be careful about suggesting how we could increase sympathy." comment reveals my personal feelings in that regard.
---
Trooper: Did you feel a rectal tingle from my comments in the "Venezuela Collapsing" thread? Sorry if I got my nose too deep. :P :oops:
viewtopic.php?p=936303&sid=b30dd97fa36c ... 01#p936268
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

I saw it. Venezuela needs to change itself - that's the only way it will stick. The people themselves need to see that it was the policies and practices that they lived under that ultimately caused their grief. Yes, the oil collapse was a key issue, but only in unmasking the unsustainable system they were living under. As LavaRed already pointed out, even if oil prices were still at those highs, it wouldn't fix the underlying problem since government spending, programs, and over-reach would've just grown till rupture anyway.

I did read a separate article on Venezuela, despite what a_canadian thinks, that was discussing a few other notable points: first, that Venezuela doesn't have enough money to even print money. Second, that government officials were urging starving people to eat rocks as a way of staving off hunger.

That's a bad situation. And frankly, I don't doubt that there's a significant portion -- perhaps even a majority -- of people who didn't necessarily agree with the past administration, and don't really deserve to suffer as they are now. However, in letting it just wash over them, their silence became a sort of complicity.

I wonder what it will be like here if/when that happens. Will I have the wherewithal to be any different? Will any of us?
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

TROOPER wrote:As LavaRed already pointed out, even if oil prices were still at those highs, it wouldn't fix the underlying problem since government spending, programs, and over-reach would've just grown till rupture anyway.

I did read a separate article on Venezuela, despite what a_canadian thinks, that was discussing a few other notable points: first, that Venezuela doesn't have enough money to even print money. Second, that government officials were urging starving people to eat rocks as a way of staving off hunger.
Actually he was summarizing what I said in my last post which he quoted.
whiterussian74 wrote:My point of the price decline was that it affected the Timing, rather than the emminant collapse. IE: Even if prices remained high, they would simply continue increasing spending until they collapsed.
---
Whereas Free Market systems would have perhaps scaled spending to reflect Income via taxation. This would provide a cushion during commodity downturns. And other Market Sectors such as Manufacturing, Agri, Tech, Research, IntelProp, could have also balanced the income stream during periodic or cyclic repricing.
---
A System MUST stand or fall under its own weight, rather than temporal fluctuations in pricing/demand. Thus, it's VEN's spending, rather than funding, upon which I based my earlier statement.
And yes, I've read those articles too. Same Wire Service if not the same websites. And that Gov't employees are being told to stay home and only come to work 2 days per week. This is in effort to conserve on electric and heating costs. :shock: :roll:

So: eating flambéd rocks, at home, bought with money that they can't afford to print, from a job that can't afford the light bill, with rocks that no one is paid to harvest.

Sounds like a great reelection Campaign Slogan for the Comuni....I mean Dems come Fall. Maybe we can burn the Gold Coins that the radio keeps telling us to buy. After all, coin collecting will be in high demand once the Econ crashes. (I don't think that we're supposed to know that the coins have little intrinsic value. Only the 'numismatic' collector's demand supports their ask prices.)
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

whiterussian1974 wrote: Maybe we can burn the Gold Coins that the radio keeps telling us to buy. Only the 'numismatic' collector's demand supports their ask prices.)
I was on St. Martin in 1995 for hurricane Luis. You couldn't buy a gallon of gas with a ruby the size of a marble. I know, I tried.

In the acute phase, gold, silver, etc have zero value, but as things stabilize they are recognized as money. Ag and Au are a bridge between currencies, and a compact way to smuggle wealth across borders.
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

poikilotrm wrote:
whiterussian1974 wrote: Maybe we can burn the Gold Coins that the radio keeps telling us to buy. Only the 'numismatic' collector's demand supports their ask prices.
In the acute phase, gold, silver, etc have zero value, but as things stabilize they are recognized as money. Ag and Au are a bridge between currencies, and a compact way to smuggle wealth across borders.
Agreed. They are highly compact 'precious commodities' used for symbolic value transfer.

After an EMP attack, unbroken/unkinked copper wiring and cable may have greater value. It will be needed to prevent Ohm increases in electrical transmission to devices. Even just winding it around a bicycle hub to create a homemade alternator bushing.

But this is becoming a "Survival and Fitness" thread. :oops:

Sorry for sidetracking it Poiki.
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

Meh. I never understood why a thread has to rigidly stay between the lines. The best conversations meander like a river.
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »