Nevada rolls back Prohibition on marijuana on July 1

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Nevada rolls back Prohibition on marijuana on July 1

Post by johndoe3 »

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/pot- ... in-nevada/

Congrats to the people of Nevada for legalizing recreational marijuana on July 1, another strike for freedom. Also, congrats to the legislature in Nevada which rolled out the structural laws to responsibly make marijuana legal in less time than any other State (it helps that they could copy best practices from the other States who went before them). This legalization in NV is a strike against the drug cartels and for jobs and commerce; and a move to not destroy people's lives by drug charges over use of a plant.

The videos in the Las Vegas area showed long lines of people waiting after midnight as Friday turned into Saturday to participate in this momentous occasion in Nevada's history.

What struck me in looking at the videos of people in lines is that there were a lot more middle-aged and older people in line than I would have guessed.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Re: Nevada rolls back Prohibition on marijuana on July 1

Post by poikilotrm »

I was told by cops that if we legalized pot, the cartels would get more violent and turn to making money through kidnapping. When does the increase in kidnapping begin? Soon? I haven't seen it yet.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Post by johndoe3 »

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/news/20 ... 447279001/

No kidnappings taking place, but periodically large illegal marijuana grow plots in National Forest lands are found. The Pueblo County sheriff blamed Mexican drug cartels using illegal immigrant workers to grow marijuana illegally in national forests. This latest bust was on Friday near the town of Rye CO.
Officials in south-central Colorado seized 7,400 marijuana plants worth an estimated $7 million from the San Isabel National Forest.
Investigators encountered two people at the grow site on Friday, but they fled. No arrests have been made.

The Pueblo County sheriff has said four other marijuana growing operations found on or near the forest since 2012 are believed to be connected to a Mexican cartel. Detectives are still investigating whether this grow is connected to the others.
It is believed that the drug cartels are trying to grow high quality marijuana (illegally) in States where recreational marijuana is legal and then ship their product off to States where it's not legal at a higher price point.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Capt. Link. »

I'm pleased that states are righting this wrong we imposed upon the world.While I'm not a doctor even if 25% of the healing property's are proven true that makes the pain and suffering caused by prohibition enormous.

The money that law enforcement,alcohol manufactures,big pharma & tobacco have to loose is possibly 100,000 times more that the money they have spent in lobbyist and anti cannabis legislation which is huge. I wonder if law enforcement will try to solve murders rape robbery and other things we hired them for.I'm sick and tired of some police officer getting accolades for spending 250,000$ in tax dollars only to net a few individuals with a joint harming no one.

Trump is running a fine line on if he sold out to Sessions and the old crone's network.He has a chance to fix this with just a wave of his pen.
-CL
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

Ain't no money to be stolen when you solve violent crimes. Sandini doesn't apply in the average rape case.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
CharlesT

Post by CharlesT »

johndoe3 wrote:http://www.coloradoan.com/story/news/20 ... 447279001/

No kidnappings taking place, but periodically large illegal marijuana grow plots in National Forest lands are found. The Pueblo County sheriff blamed Mexican drug cartels using illegal immigrant workers to grow marijuana illegally in national forests. This latest bust was on Friday near the town of Rye CO.
Officials in south-central Colorado seized 7,400 marijuana plants worth an estimated $7 million from the San Isabel National Forest.
Investigators encountered two people at the grow site on Friday, but they fled. No arrests have been made.

The Pueblo County sheriff has said four other marijuana growing operations found on or near the forest since 2012 are believed to be connected to a Mexican cartel. Detectives are still investigating whether this grow is connected to the others.

It is believed that the drug cartels are trying to grow high quality marijuana (illegally) in States where recreational marijuana is legal and then ship their product off to States where it's not legal at a higher price point.

Supply and demand at work and they basically supply high quality marijuana to state where it's illegal to grow them for a higher profit margin