Great shot, airstrike on ISIS headquarters in Syria

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Great shot, airstrike on ISIS headquarters in Syria

Post by johndoe3 »

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/24/nice- ... -in-syria/

On Saturday, the US made a pinpoint bombing of the ISIS headquarters in As Shafah in Eastern Syria, killing 150 ISIS fighters--cutting the head off the snake.

Since Trump and Mattis have taken over from the Obama team, ISIS has now lost 98% of their territory in Syria including their former headquarters in Raqqa and now this newer headquarters in As Shafah.

Under Obama, ISIS spread and took over territory (mostly), except for areas the Kurds took back. Congrats to US forces and their kurdish allies and other allied groups. It's remarkable the difference in results after a clean sweep of Obama appointed leadership and aggressive military actions.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Re: Great shot, airstrike on ISIS headquarters in Syria

Post by poikilotrm »

BWAAAHAHAHA! Ah, man. Soon we will remove any vestige of Goldsteinism from the language. :lol:
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Post by johndoe3 »

From a skeptical point of view, I can see how one might view ISIS as a real-life counterpart to the fictional Emanuel Goldstein narrative of a thing to blame for the purposes of waging perpetual war.

After all, the overt USA military is fighting ISIS; and a covert part of the USA in alliance with Saudi Arabia and Qatar (funders and suppliers of ISIS) had been caught supplying materiel support to ISIS a couple of times (airdrops of weapons and ammo by unmarked cargo airplanes painted black). And many of those trained and equipped by the USA in camps in Jordan and Turkey joined ISIS as soon as they finished their training by European and USA special forces. And of course we found out that those long lines of shiny brown Toyota pickups that ISIS had were bought and paid for by the US State Department when Hillary was Sec of State. It's all solid evidence of the USA playing both sides during the Obama years.

The optimist in me hopes that the USA is no longer playing both sides as happened during the Obama regime.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

johndoe3 wrote:
The optimist in me hopes that the USA is no longer playing both sides as happened during the Obama regime.
ISIS is wholly our creation. Ever hear of full spectrum dominance? Why do you think Putin was snickering when he offered to help the US fight ISIS?
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
BlogSarge
Silent Operator

Post by BlogSarge »

As for the actual picture...nothing like minute-of-terrorist precision.

As for the US playing both sides; kind of like the campaign against cigarette smoking and still subsidizing tobacco farming.

It don't make a ick of sense!
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

What makes you think that picture has anything to do with reality, or that the story is in any way true? If I showed you a picture of a great white shark, dead on a beach, then said “Look at this giant shark I beat to death with my fists.”, would you simply believe me?

And playing both sides makes a lot of sense, for corrupt government officials and the defense industry.
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Post by whiterussian1974 »

Poiki: The majority appear to agree w you. ISIS is an Obama Invention that Trump is using as an Effigy of Obuma/Hitlery's policies. Destroying ISIS is the result of stopping USA support from being funneled to them.
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

Yep. The easiest way to destroy ISIS is to stop funding them, and let them head back to the Kurdish region of Iraq, where they came from.
jlwilliams
Silent But Deadly

Post by jlwilliams »

poikilotrm wrote:Yep. The easiest way to destroy ISIS is to stop funding them, ......

Which will happen just as soon as their value falls below their cost. As long as "ISIS" benefits who ever really runs the show we will continue to be treated to these fun publicity moments. 150 +/- dead jihadis..... that's some good tv right there.