cop plants drugs on video

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

cop plants drugs on video

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

:?

Hooray War on Drugs..................Hooray.

Letme know when we won..........MKAY

www.wsmv.com/video/15373056/index.html

Once Ferrell came to a stop, he was ordered out of the car by Cookeville police Officer Chris Melton.

“Put your hands up, and get out of the car,” Melton is heard telling Ferrell on the tape.

Ferrell, 28, exits the car with his arms raised while Officer Jeff Johnson is holding the department’s police dog. The video shows the dog bite Ferrell several times.

Attorney Blair Durham is representing Ferrell.

“The dog is released. The dog then chews into Mr. Ferrell's leg where, of course, he goes to the ground,” he said.

"Your dog just ate my leg off,” Ferrell said on the tape.

Durham also accused Melton of planting drugs on Ferrell. In the dash cam video, Melton is seen searching Ferrell's pockets a number of times.

Then, Durham said, another officer appears to give a signal with his hand, at which point Melton then reaches into his right pocket and looks into the camera. It’s at that point on the tape that Durham said Melton appears to put drugs in Ferrell's pocket.

“Whoa, Carlos, weed? Now you got you another freaking charge, how about that?" Melton told Ferrell in the video.

Melton has been placed on administrative leave with pay. The night of the stop, Ferrell was charged with evading arrest and possession of marijuana.

“That’s a complete drug plant is what I'm alleging. It’s a complete unlawful search, first of all, and it’s a planting of paraphernalia,” Durham said.

Cookeville police said they are "completely cooperating with the TBI (Tennessee Bureau of Investigation)." A representative said the department is not trying to hide anything and doesn’t want to look like it is.
NFAtalk.org
Wilder
Elite Member

Post by Wilder »

When people look over their shoulder at the camera, they are about to do something wrong. :idea:

There was no need to turn the dog loose either, that was excessive, even if the drugs weren't planted.
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

I'm glad I wasn't Carlos, Carlos was a chew toy for the four legged deputy.
About half a dozen po lice, a conspiracy? :shock:
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
MicroGuy
Silent But Deadly

Post by MicroGuy »

I know there's only a few cops like this. But this bothers me for the main reason of....

If they want you, they're gonna get you. If you haven't done anything, they'll make something up, if you don't have anything, they'll plant something.

There's not much you can do about it unless it's on tape.

It's like your property. If they want it, they'll get it, one way or another. That's bothered me since I was ten years old for some reason. The government's ability to just go in and "condemn" your property, then take it, then use it for their own good.

Like I said, I know there's very few cops that do this on their own. But I wonder, like the military and guns when it comes time to confiscate them, how many cops would do something like that, if their "higher up's" told them to do it???

Like any job really, if your boss tells you to do something, or lose your job, chances are, you're gonna do it.

So I wonder how many cops would do something like this if their bosses told them to? How many would stand up and tell the boss "No way, that's against the law" (in effect "I Quit") or at least say "I'm not doing it, find somebody else".

It's scary. I know, the chances are remote but man, they have power, that you don't. You can't fight back. It's not like me walking up to you and planting something on you. You can kick my ass for doing that.

You can't do that with police or military. You fight back, you either get beat or die.

And that is why it's scary. I don't sit up nights worrying about it for sure. But man, all it takes is one time.
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville
Wilder
Elite Member

Post by Wilder »

I've been guilty of most all crimes involving drugs at one time or another. If they planted something on me today, I'm drug free.

The truth is it would be my word against theirs, and I would loose, but there would be a day. :twisted:
MicroGuy
Silent But Deadly

Post by MicroGuy »

Hush wrote:I'm glad I wasn't Carlos, Carlos was a chew toy for the four legged deputy.
About half a dozen po lice, a conspiracy? :shock:
Come to think of it, how do you (as a police department) reprimand a police dog??

Take away his play time? Chew toy?

Thats' the thing about dogs, they don't think like us. Hell, he was just playing to start with!

You have it right Hush, he was just another toy to that dog. That's why I love it on COPs or what ever show, when they run, man, that dog is having a GOOD time!
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

Let's all pretend this never happened and deny any cop has ever done something wrong.

Because everybody bullshits that cops don't do s--t like this at all, until it happens to to them or somebody they know. Then BAM, they see the light of day and the blinding ignorance stops.
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

Cop basher!
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

SOCOM, what the hell? I click on that link and my anti-virus tells me an "unwelcome program" is trying to access my computer - do I want to allow it? Stupid program, of course I don't want it allowed.

The cops are innocent and if they arrest someone that person is obviously guilty. We don't even need a court system. Quit your belly-aching.
I read that it's douche to list your guns here, so I stopped that.
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

Cop bashers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

s--t, wait.............I started this thread. My bad.

:D
NFAtalk.org
Joe B Lee
Silent But Deadly

Post by Joe B Lee »

White cops do pursue people of color with a vengeance and that's sad.
Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun.
— Mao Zedong, Nov. 6, 1938.

http://www.davidduke.com/
nauss
Silent But Deadly

Post by nauss »

Get out of the car.....just make sure to step THROUGH my trained K-9 which is wanting to eat on you.

Looky here.....what I just pulled out of my own pocket.

Guess you asked for it bub.

:roll:
Doctors accidentally KILL MORE people a year than all gun accidents in the USA. Take that Michael Moore
bmanka
Silent But Deadly

Post by bmanka »

Joe B Lee wrote:White cops do pursue people of color with a vengeance and that's sad.
Let's not pull the race card too quickly. Other than this video, the three recent abuse videos from jail guards (the woman getting her arm broken, the woman who had her nose broken, and the quadraplegic getting dumped out of his wheelchair) were all caucasians IIRC.

It would appear that there has been an increase in equal opportunity abuse :)
Patriot In Training
nauss
Silent But Deadly

Post by nauss »

bmanka wrote:
Joe B Lee wrote:White cops do pursue people of color with a vengeance and that's sad.
Let's not pull the race card too quickly. Other than this video, the three recent abuse videos from jail guards (the woman getting her arm broken, the woman who had her nose broken, and the quadraplegic getting dumped out of his wheelchair) were all caucasians IIRC.

Yeah, I think that it is "cop vs everyone else" now days.

They bad officers stick out like a sore thumb. It is about their arrest record and ego. The many good officers (some of which reside on THIS board) have my thanks and gratitude.

This turd needs to be flushed.

By the way, this is down the road from Knoxville too.
:roll:
Doctors accidentally KILL MORE people a year than all gun accidents in the USA. Take that Michael Moore
Joe B Lee
Silent But Deadly

Post by Joe B Lee »

bmanka wrote:

Well you and a Buddy put on some Black-Face and drive up or down the New Jersey Turnpike,I'll bet them NAZI Jersey State Troopers pull you over.
Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun.
— Mao Zedong, Nov. 6, 1938.

http://www.davidduke.com/
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

Joe B Lee wrote:Well you and a Buddy put on some Black-Face and drive up or down the New Jersey Turnpike,I'll bet them NAZI Jersey State Troopers pull you over.
Just for the record, that's not me.
I read that it's douche to list your guns here, so I stopped that.
nauss
Silent But Deadly

Post by nauss »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hixltpXMRL8

Better video.

It is a newscast version.

Problem: damages?

Even though this is VERY illegal, and they let the dog chew on him,
he is a person will a record. Most would consider him garbage and give him little to nothing because of this.

Warrant for domestic assault, two DUIs, and previous drug possession buts this guy in a bracket of society that folks do not really care about.

Sad but true.

I'd give him a fat settlement just to prove a point to the officers and department that this behavior is NOT OK.

They have done this MANY times before and I feel really sorry for the people in which these officers have previously dealt. :evil:
GlockandRoll
Silent But Deadly

Post by GlockandRoll »

What needs to happen is for the family members of those wrongly accused, and physically abused, take these corrupt authoritarians out.

They could be walking out of the titty bar they go in, to extort blow jobs out of the girls who work there, and WHAM... their head explodes!

We keep seeing more and more of this.... and I'm becoming somewhat radicalized at this point.
bp_968
Silent But Deadly

Post by bp_968 »

Joe B Lee wrote:
bmanka wrote:

Well you and a Buddy put on some Black-Face and drive up or down the New Jersey Turnpike,I'll bet them NAZI Jersey State Troopers pull you over.
Here in cincinnati they hired more black cops so that stuff would stop.. Now the black cops beat, taz, shoot and abuse the black people instead of the white guys now. Oddly they don't "go after" the white people either. Sucks regardless of what color anyone is.
-----------------------------

This space for rent.
bp_968
Silent But Deadly

Post by bp_968 »

nauss wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hixltpXMRL8

Most would consider him garbage and give him little to nothing because of this.

Warrant for domestic assault, two DUIs, and previous drug possession buts this guy in a bracket of society that folks do not really care about.
Its one of the reasons I totally hate the whole "felon" = no guns thing. I've asked people before if they think a Felon should be able to purchase a gun after serving his/her sentence and the majority say "no way!". Then I ask if they define speeding over 25mph over the limit a felony? Or how about littering slightly too much? Or how about writing a few bad checks?

In various places those are all felonies and would remove your right to own firearms. Lets not even go into DV cases. I've seen a number of them where husband and wife yell and scream at each other, wife hits husband, husband grabs wife and pushes her away and someone sees it all and calls the cops. Not long after there are two people (who are likely well past that argument now) who can no longer own guns (unless they hired a lawyer to *fix* it for them).

They have succeeded at making a boogyman out of the word "felon" and now they are steadily increasing not only the bounds of the term "felon" but also the "other" terms that render you prohibited from owning a firearm. Slice a peace off at a time. Its why the NRAs method of "strengthing punishment for gun crimes" and keeping the current ones on the books and fighting against new ones is doomed to fail. They rarely gain new ground, only hold and slowly loose the ground they have.

I am glad to hear about the new regs going into effect in national parks though.
-----------------------------

This space for rent.
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

IMHO they should be prosecuted. Planting drugs on a person is criminal. The officer also had illegal possession of the drugs before he planted them. Bust him for the drugs too. If the rest of the crew knew about them get them with accessory and bust them too. Good police should help STOP this s--t, and not put up with it. PERIOD.

This kind of dirty policing needs to be stopped. They are as bad, or worse than the people they busted.

The dirty cop can then turn in all his guns like any other person who gets busted with them.

Just because you are LE does not mean you do not have to follow the same laws as the people you are sworn to serve and protect.

It makes me sick seeing abuse of police powers. THAT is why we have the 2nd amendment. It was this very same abuse of power our founders wanted to insure we did not have to face and TRIED to set up a way to have checks and balances.

I hate seeing this crap. Beating the snot out of suspects, planting guns, drugs, or other contraband all hurt the police as a whole and is why they should be made examples of ... and no more LE jobs for them EVER.

You can do you job with out having to resort in breaking the law in order to do it. Being LE does not excuse bad behavior either.

To many GOOD police out there busting their asses for some s--t head like these bad cops to make it HARDER for the good police to do their job!

I'm sure the good police feel the same way as I do when they see this crap as I do when some turd uses a fire arm in a school shooting .. I just say "Here we go again" knowing the s--t that will follow.

Just what you need another "dirty cop" story to make YOUR job easier...

I guess for me it's extreme polarity... Absolute disdain and hatred for bad/dirty police, and admiration and mostly gratitude for those who work their job honestly and with real professionalism.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
GlockandRoll
Silent But Deadly

Post by GlockandRoll »

JohnInNH. I think we all feel the same way here. -
Besides, how many times has this happened that we have NOT found out about it... 5, 50, 500, 5000 times?
Wilder
Elite Member

Post by Wilder »

GlockandRoll wrote:JohnInNH. I think we all feel the same way here. -
Besides, how many times has this happened that we have NOT found out about it... 5, 50, 500, 5000 times?
50,000 500,000

My dad an old moonshiner told a story of a revenue agent finding a half pint of moonshine while searching the family home(it was planted). My granddad told the agent it was his. He took credit for the booze even when he knew it was planted. :P My dad said about a 100 yards from the house you could actually see the jugs under and old grape vine half cover with leaves. :twisted: :lol:

I love it when crooked s--t get's turned around. My dad said the agent was so mad he was't sure he wasn't going to shoot my granddad(which would have been a fatal error). They really wanted to bust my dad. 8)
nauss
Silent But Deadly

Post by nauss »

Wilder wrote:
GlockandRoll wrote:JohnInNH. I think we all feel the same way here. -
50,000 500,000

My dad an old moonshiner told a story of a revenue agent finding a half pint of moonshine while searching the family home(it was planted). My granddad told the agent it was his. He took credit for the booze even when he knew it was planted. :P My dad said about a 100 yards from the house you could actually see the jugs under and old grape vine half cover with leaves. :twisted: :lol:

I love it when crooked s--t get's turned around. My dad said the agent was so mad he was't sure he wasn't going to shoot my granddad(which would have been a fatal error). They really wanted to bust my dad. 8)
Another idiotic law....illegal to make moonshine.

I watched the National Geographic show "moonshine" and it made me feel really negative towards the alcohol-cops. They were obviously trespassing on this guys farm, at night in camo.

They looked like poachers. What is one of them (armed too) got shot by the owner of the property by mistake?

Murder charges would be filed due to their not getting a warrant and sneeking around at night.

Don't ask me to do that job!
GlockandRoll
Silent But Deadly

Post by GlockandRoll »

nauss wrote: Another idiotic law....illegal to make moonshine.

I watched the National Geographic show "moonshine" and it made me feel really negative towards the alcohol-cops. They were obviously trespassing on this guys farm, at night in camo.

They looked like poachers. What is one of them (armed too) got shot by the owner of the property by mistake?

Murder charges would be filed due to their not getting a warrant and sneeking around at night.

Don't ask me to do that job!
Most peopel dont understand the true story behind drug and alhcohol laws.
In fact, when people say something stupid like "I dont buy into conspiracy theories..." I ask them "Ok then, fair enough... care to explain why marijuiana is illegal?"

If they are reasonable they usually shut-up, and if they stand on a soapbox and tell me how bad it is, etc etc... I am usually afraid to let them be around children unattended.