The Unit

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Selectedmarksman »

I guess they perfected the caseless ammunition HK was working so hard on and retrofitted the M-16 to run on them. :P

That's what I'm talking about. From hanging around here I've learned just enough about firearms that things like that distract me anymore. I studied martial arts before getting into guns so I basically can't stand most action movies. Some do a good job, but The Unit just didn't jive with me.
I've got Honey Badger Fever.
*Add this to your sig if you've got the fever, too!
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

2-17 the fire fight was all over the place. Not so good. And the mortar explosions were fireballs. High explosive does not look like that. It is a dry blast with a white flash of light, not red.
jeremill
Silent But Deadly

Post by jeremill »

IMO the Unit was good to start with, as they progressed they started to blow. Its like they just give up.

Point and case. This is how bad it is gotten.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYBr3b8 ... re=related
"Ooh you stabbed her right through the right nipple... of lactating mammary goodness... " Pilzee

"I Plead the FIF." Tron
urban assault
Silent But Deadly

Post by urban assault »

'Nothin there but air now jeremill .

-urban
Last edited by urban assault on Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
ross123
Silent Operator

Post by ross123 »

i like the unit. im in the military and i know theres alot of stuff wrong in that show but its still fun to watch and thats all i really care about. if you start looking to hard into these shows it kills the entertanment value
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Season-3, wearing a gas mask and it has LEDs in it so you can see his face.

Also, the god guys and bad guys are in a fire fight and both have HK416s. What are the odds of that?
Blaster7Romeo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaster7Romeo »

duey1267 wrote:I thought that the 2nd season was the worst but the 3rd was a little better and the current is better still, but not as good as the 1st. The technical adviser is CSM(r) Eric Haney. He was a member of Delta in the 1980's. Good guy and one hell of a rifle shot.
I know a guy that knows him and i hear that he no longer has any creative control in the show.

I thought the wives where stupid BUT that is how army wives are And it reminds every one that where they are gone the world dose not stop and there are personal issue that they have to deal with as well.

It was up in the air if they where even going to bring it back this season. and they moved it to Sunday night a lesser time slot.

And I do think it is getting a little far fetched And i still think the COL would be gone buy now if it got out he was fucking one of his solders wives there is a specal place in hell for guys like that
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member2935.png[/img][/url]
paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Post by paco ramirez »

Season 2 Episode 14, it looks like the Unit had KAC NT4 cans on the end of their AKs while in the back of the van when he shoots the herder.
Dan
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dan »

I like The Unit. They are more reasonable than most shows. I give them a little extra slack because they try so hard with their carbines.

24 this season is ridiculous. I will keep right on watching it, but 3rd world warlords in DC taking electronic control of everything? Then they wander over and take the president hostage. What a bunch of nonsense.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Mongo wrote:During the writer strike it seems they lost their good technical advisers and the show has gone down hill since.
The strike was not until season-3 episode 11.
paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Post by paco ramirez »

Season 4 Episode 4- Tiffany's daughter is suspended from school because she said Napoleon used muskets, not rifles, and she was suspended from school for knowing too much about guns :?

If that happened to me I would have had a few other things to say :roll:
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

paco ramirez wrote:Season 4 Episode 4- Tiffany's daughter is suspended from school because she said Napoleon used muskets, not rifles, and she was suspended from school for knowing too much about guns :?

If that happened to me I would have had a few other things to say :roll:
Yeah but you forgot to mention she actually planted a real gun on the boy she liked just that morning.
Conqueror
Elite Member

Post by Conqueror »

I know plenty about guns but I honestly rarely notice gun mistakes in movies/shows unless they're really glaring. I'm willing to suspend my disbelief to enjoy the plot/action rather than worrying about nitpicky details.
[b]Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?[/b]
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

What would The Unit do to the Somali pirates who kidnapped this US ship captain?

They would try some daring rescue, but in real life it was not even needed. The Captain escaped on his own and swam toward the US Navy Destroyer. The Unit would have been watching the boat with high powered night vision and thermal satellite and would have fired some munition that totally destroyed the pirate boat. They then would have picked up the Captain. Why did this not happen?

I see two possibilities:

1. They just were not prepared.

2. Obama had a no-fire order and they did not have time to get it changed.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Conqueror wrote:I know plenty about guns but I honestly rarely notice gun mistakes in movies/shows unless they're really glaring. I'm willing to suspend my disbelief to enjoy the plot/action rather than worrying about nitpicky details.
Having the hammer down on a drawn 1911 is a glaring mistake.
Conqueror
Elite Member

Post by Conqueror »

Not really. I bet less than 5% of the population would notice it.
[b]Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?[/b]
rill
Silent But Deadly

Post by rill »

I would have to agree the show has gone down hill in the last couple of seasons. I remember one episode, I think from last season, where they were pinned down in a building and every time they panned from one guy to the other, their Aimpoint covers were either both closed, one open, or sometimes both open. That's pretty lame.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

The Unit using an AAC TiTAN-QD

Omega_556
Silent But Deadly

Post by Omega_556 »

Did you guys see the last episode on Easter?

Jonas was watching the Sam's storage unit. He was on a nearby roof, and his scope was mounted on the rifle backwards with the objective lens at his eye...
RX7-2nr
Silent But Deadly

Post by RX7-2nr »

i remember a scene in The Matrix, its when Neo and Trinity go into that building to rescue Morpheus. Neo is running around shooting those 2 Skorpions and there is a hail of 5.56 cases falling at his feet. :lol:
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Omega_556 wrote:Did you guys see the last episode on Easter?

Jonas was watching the Sam's storage unit. He was on a nearby roof, and his scope was mounted on the rifle backwards with the objective lens at his eye...
I noticed he had his eye right right up to it.

Also that is a $6 Weaver rail.

silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

This current plot is ludicrous. The team member goes bad and it turns out to be a cover. That is preposterous. He had a shootout in public and set explosives and a SWAT team was after him. No one would stage that to build cover. He could have been shot a dozen times over. I can only imagine they did not plan this in the story line and changed their mind and then tried to make him a good guy again.
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Selectedmarksman »

Those pictures hurt me deep inside. :cry:

That's exactly why I can't watch stuff like this, a show about military 'elite' where they mount cheap scopes backwards in cheaper rings and practically shove it in their eyeball can't keep me 'in' the show. It's very distracting.

Also, does anyone mount their bipod like that? I prefer to load my bipod and I can't see how one could accomplish this if it folds backwards. As I still consider myself a 'newbie' I don't want to cry foul on that without input from more experienced shooters.
I've got Honey Badger Fever.
*Add this to your sig if you've got the fever, too!
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

Wow on the backwards scope.
Mongo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mongo »

Any one else notice that Sam on the Unit looks suspiciously like Gary Johnston on Team America?

I keep waiting to see if they replay some of the famous lines from Team America

Sam: But, I thought you weren't gay?
Jonas: This isn't about sex, Gary, it's about trust!

Jonas:Now hold on team, Sam has already proven to me that he is 100% committed to the team. He proved it last night by sucking my cock.

Firearms Engineer for hire on piece work basis.
No job is too expensive :)
http://weaponblueprints.com/