Slash-Proof Clothing to Protect Wearer From Knife Attacks

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Hush
Silent But Deadly

Slash-Proof Clothing to Protect Wearer From Knife Attacks

Post by Hush »

British Retailer Markets Slash-Proof Clothing to Protect Wearer From Knife Attacks
05-28-2009 8:49 am - Reuters
"It feels completely like an ordinary hooded top."

So go for the face and neck, hands and family jewels. Hush
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
TOOL1075
Silent But Deadly

Post by TOOL1075 »

is it just slash resistant?

how about STAB resistant?

two completely different fabric failure mechanisms.

why don't they just legalize firearms for those people... that's the best protection against knives I can think of at the moment...
jppd47
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by jppd47 »

TOOL1075 wrote:
why don't they just legalize firearms for those people... that's the best protection against knives I can think of at the moment...
what, are you crazy? Then people would be shooting each other every where. They should just ban knives so no one will have to worrie about it. Maybe even ban assulting someone
pro-gun gun owners are a minority.
Fair Use applies (U.S. Code Title 17 Chapter 1 Subsection 107)
steve7478
Silent But Deadly

Post by steve7478 »

yeah they should ban violence. They should put up "No Violence" signs in public places where they don't want any violence. Then they will be safe.
There is an 11 to 17 minute response time to a 911 call. You can either choose to put effective rounds on target, neutralizing the threat, or try to find a telephone. The person who killed you while you were dialing 911 will have enough time to cook a frozen pizza before the "Badged Historians" show up to draw the chalk line.
Blaubart
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaubart »

steve7478 wrote:yeah they should ban violence. They should put up "No Violence" signs in public places where they don't want any violence. Then they will be safe.
That will never work. You have to force it upon the populace. I say, when a person is born, even before they get circumcized, they should be lobotomized. They should just take out the whole Medula Oblongata. That'll fix 'em!
"And by the way, if you're gonna take up a hobby of letter writing, you might want to learn how to spell "writing" you stupid F--k." - Nighthawk re kwikrnu
BISHOP
Silent But Deadly

Post by BISHOP »

This will be on the list of prohibited clothing in all the schools next year...We can't have our children protecting themselves.

Remember the guy that created a balistic pad to put in the rear of your childs back pack so your kid could have something to hide against during a school shooting...IMMEDIATELY all schools banned them.

BISHOP
The Rusty wire, that holds the cork, that keeps the anger in, gives way.....
Blaubart
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaubart »

BISHOP wrote:Remember the guy that created a balistic pad to put in the rear of your childs back pack so your kid could have something to hide against during a school shooting...IMMEDIATELY all schools banned them.
I don't remember that, but I'm not surprised.

Do you have a link? That sounds like a story I'd like to read about.
"And by the way, if you're gonna take up a hobby of letter writing, you might want to learn how to spell "writing" you stupid F--k." - Nighthawk re kwikrnu
steve7478
Silent But Deadly

Post by steve7478 »

Your right. The real problem is choice. Removing the ability to think for our self would gratefully reduce crime. If we can not chose to commit crime then crime can not happen. Effectively removing would be criminals is as simple as a frontal lobe lobotomy.
There is an 11 to 17 minute response time to a 911 call. You can either choose to put effective rounds on target, neutralizing the threat, or try to find a telephone. The person who killed you while you were dialing 911 will have enough time to cook a frozen pizza before the "Badged Historians" show up to draw the chalk line.
BISHOP
Silent But Deadly

Post by BISHOP »

Here is the story about the backpacks... Its from 2007.
http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/13 ... etail.html#
Here is the company.
http://www.mychildspack.com/

But I can't find any new reports about banning them in the schools, but I do rememeber watching it on TV where the superintendants were calling to ban them.

BISHOP
The Rusty wire, that holds the cork, that keeps the anger in, gives way.....
TOOL1075
Silent But Deadly

Post by TOOL1075 »

jppd47 wrote:
TOOL1075 wrote:
what, are you crazy? Then people would be shooting each other every where. They should just ban knives so no one will have to worrie about it. Maybe even ban assulting someone
:lol: bunch of smartasses here on silencer talk
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

I laughed at "maybe". I never go halfway with my sarcasm, when somebody does it catches me off guard.