Creekside Shooting Range Vandalized

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Fro1911nut
Silent Operator

Creekside Shooting Range Vandalized

Post by Fro1911nut »

Joe Harris is n the middle of a fight to keep his range open..along with 2 others in the county...

Link to news Storys
http://www.daily-tribune.com/index.cfm? ... AF2CCE0E26

http://www.daily-tribune.com/index.cfm? ... 2D2EC8BB63
The vote was going to be today, but moved it to July 8
Then last night somebody came by and left us all a note :evil:

M4 1000
Pilot
SWR Omega
Polite Society built Noveske/Saber asskicking SBR
Blaubart
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaubart »

What a shame.

"U WILL LOOSE" :lol:

My 6th grade daughter spells better than that.

You guys must be shooting kittens to make these people so angry. There's no way that shooting paper targets would get intelligent people so riled up. :roll:
"And by the way, if you're gonna take up a hobby of letter writing, you might want to learn how to spell "writing" you stupid F--k." - Nighthawk re kwikrnu
Stu
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stu »

Liberal version of spray and pray.

Also, I'm pretty sure there is a reason that the quote, "The spray can is mightier than the sword." Doesn't exist.
Omega_556
Silent But Deadly

Post by Omega_556 »

It makes me sick to think about the owner of that range feels.

I know how hard it is to take care of my home, my business, my family, and even my toys. The fact that somebody can't just disagree, or even fight you in court, but to vandalize your property is just disturbing.

Good luck with your legal fight to keep the range open.

Get some security cameras to catch those who vandalized your property and successfully prosecute them.
Fro1911nut
Silent Operator

Post by Fro1911nut »

Blaubart wrote:
You guys must be shooting kittens to make these people so angry. There's no way that shooting paper targets would get intelligent people so riled up. :roll:
Na just paper and steel behind 30-40ft tall berms at that...
The folks tryed a lawsuit to start with , but GA Range protection act says u cant sue over noise alone....
Then they clamied a stray round hit a home...local LEO cked it out and said no way could happen unless Lee Harvey was shooting...the stray would of had to go over a mile and make a 90 degree left turn

This effects all 3 ranges in the county..who none of them have had any acidents....

Creekside is the closest to the folks who are upset.....Only members shoot on Wed and Sundays...Sundays is only after 12...and no fire pass 7pm during the summer...In the two years Ive been a memeber there we have had actuall night fire 5 times and those were classes and we didnt shoot pass 9pm

Thing is there are 5 other private ranges in the area on private land....and there shooting whenever, however they want....but everytime someone hears gun fire then it has to be coming from us
M4 1000
Pilot
SWR Omega
Polite Society built Noveske/Saber asskicking SBR
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

From the anti's message, it is clear that "noise" is really not their problem. Since no one has been "killed" at the range, these are simply anti-gun activists.

I’m really surprised they can’t spell any better than that (loose). That implies they could be “government schoolâ€
Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Post by Diomed »

Was the possibility that it was an inside job considered?
twolaneblacktop
Silent But Deadly

Post by twolaneblacktop »

Diomed wrote:Was the possibility that it was an inside job considered?

Maybe it was, maybe it was not. But one thing is for sure, I hope the range stays open.
MicroGuy
Silent But Deadly

Post by MicroGuy »

Next thing you know, they'll be going after our guns!!
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

Those news storys links are disturbing.

They are basically creating law/rule sot shut them down.
NFAtalk.org
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Selectedmarksman »

Why don't we see this stuff painted on Police stations? I mean, guns kill and all, so people who own or handle them must be stopped, right? :roll:
I've got Honey Badger Fever.
*Add this to your sig if you've got the fever, too!
CKOD
Silent But Deadly

Post by CKOD »

I dont get how people get so pussyhurt over the noise, even 100 yards away over gravel parking lot, even the loud stuff (M1's other M14's M44's :P )is losing a lot of its loudness. And though the woods like most ranges (Ive seen anyway...) would knock out even more of it.

But I would show up at the meetings "I'd gladly buy sound suppressors for all my weapons, if the county/state, would reimburse the $200 tax on each one" See what peoples opinions on that would be :P
KingTiger
Silent But Deadly

Post by KingTiger »

FYI - AAC & Polite Society are sponsors at this range.

http://creeksidefiringrange.com/
Controlled Cacophony
McLarenross
Silent But Deadly

Post by McLarenross »

Man that is a nice range. I really wish we had a range like that, with as many events and classes, near me. That makes me want to move to GA.
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

Catch them and prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law.. try for some felony charge no matter how small.

They got my friend's kid for taking election campaign signs one night and he has a felony from it.. He has been to Camp perry too.. Now he can't have firearms.. What a shame... he just turned 18 too. Avid small bore shooter.

They would NOT plea to a lower count so to make an example out of him... Naturally they did not nab a democrat who are the majority of the ones swiping the campaign posters. That whole thing sucked.

Anyway .. Set up some motion activated cameras that are hidden but close enough to ID the pukes.

Take up a collection for the $ to get them I am sure the firearm enthusiasts in your area will help out..

What about some catch them in the act plan... Fix everything up then put up a sign that says "Range closed next week for vacation"... Make them feel it's safe to mess up the place during some specific time slot.. Then have your surveillance at maximum during the "bait" time.

Then catch em. Felony charges may get them to squeal on the rest of the people in the conspiracy. Then bust them all even the ones who did not do the painting... If they were ANY part of it try to get them.

This s--t needs to be stopped and used to make an example of them.

THEY are the CRIMINALS! not you.

This stuff makes me SOOOO mad. Fucking liberals!
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
3 weelin geezer
Silent But Deadly

Post by 3 weelin geezer »

If they wanted to make it quick, they sure suck at texting! It shoud be written "WE H8 U!" Who are 'we'? Bunch of cowardly punks don't even have the balls to put their names.
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

probally a bunch of dumb kids.
MicroGuy
Silent But Deadly

Post by MicroGuy »

I've got some surveillance camera's if anybody there wants to use 'em.

And if they really want to catch 'em, I'll spend the night out there. I don't sleep much at night anyway.

I promise, I won't kill anybody.
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville