Secret Service agent attacked in Scranton road rage

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index. ... acked.html

by The Associated Press
Wednesday June 10, 2009, 7:00 PM

SCRANTON, Pa. -- A northeastern Pennsylvania man is accused of attacking a Secret Service agent with brass knuckles and a chunk of asphalt.

Scranton Police Police Chief David Elliott says Agent William Slavoski tapped his siren Tuesday evening when a pickup truck that had been moving erratically on an expressway stopped in front of him. Police say the pickup driver got out and approached the agent, asking, "What are you, some kind of cop?" Police say Slavoski identified himself as a Secret Service agent and told the man to return to his truck, but an altercation ensued.

Police arrested 25-year-old Kenneth Kile of Kingston, who was arraigned Wednesday and held in lieu of $20,000 bail. Slavoski is recovering at home from injuries to his face, head and left arm. Kile was treated for a lip
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

and the reason he did not shoot his attacker is?
flip
Elite Member

Post by flip »

66427vette wrote:and the reason he did not shoot his attacker is?
He didn't have his tazer with him :wink:
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

I remember watching a "60 Minutes" episode on the secret service, and despite all of the things that the director (or designated spokesperson) refused to talk about, he DID divulge that before any SS agent gets to do VIP detail they must be able to hit a bullseye from 1,000 yards with a custom rifle built to the shooter.

What do SS agents carry as a sidearm these days? Caliber and make?
BWT
Silent But Deadly

Post by BWT »

TROOPER wrote:I remember watching a "60 Minutes" episode on the secret service, and despite all of the things that the director (or designated spokesperson) refused to talk about, he DID divulge that before any SS agent gets to do VIP detail they must be able to hit a bullseye from 1,000 yards with a custom rifle built to the shooter.

What do SS agents carry as a sidearm these days? Caliber and make?
I think they keep that information under wraps.

Maybe the SS Snipers are required to do that. I'd imagine a SS Agent wouldn't get the crap kicked out of him before using deadly force.

Brass Knuckles and chunk of Asphalt, is a good recipe for being shot.
Omega_556
Silent But Deadly

Post by Omega_556 »

TROOPER wrote:What do SS agents carry as a sidearm these days? Caliber and make?
SIG P229 in .357SIG
BWT
Silent But Deadly

Post by BWT »

Omega_556 wrote:
TROOPER wrote:What do SS agents carry as a sidearm these days? Caliber and make?
SIG P229 in .357SIG
Shocked they'd carry a Sig, and a .357 SIG.

Mind if I ask your source?
MicroGuy
Silent But Deadly

Post by MicroGuy »

Well, I would imagine anybody getting into a fight with somebody wearing brass knuckles, it would be easy for that person to get the upper hand on you. Just one good punch and you could be dazed pretty good.

Strange rifle requirement for those doing running board duty when you never see them with a rifle.

I've got a magazine that has an article about long range shots with a pistol. Curious to see what they have to say about it. Long range being 50 to about 100 yards.
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

I thought I remembered seeing some program on television - Discovery or History channel maybe - where the Treasury folks carried 10mm GLOCKs. Although on second thought that might actually have been the portion of the SS that deals with counterfeiting. I just remember them wearing jeans, T-shirts, outer ballistic vests, and forming one of those "combat-conga-lines" where you put your left hand on the shoulder of the man in front of you... maybe five or six people per group in preparation for entering the building. I specifically remember thinking, "Christ - I'd hate to be in front of the guy blasting away with his right hand right next to my right ear.

ETA: you know... it might well have been .357 Sig chambered GLOCKs instead of 10mm. Not trying to make s--t up here, its just that its been a while and I know I'm over-lapping a few unrelated memories on this one.
Last edited by TROOPER on Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TOOL1075
Silent But Deadly

Post by TOOL1075 »

BWT wrote:
Omega_556 wrote:
SIG P229 in .357SIG
why?
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

Why wouldnt they carry the P229? Great gun and that 357 SIG will ruin your day if your'e on the wrong end of it a lot more than a Tazer will in the hands of a traffic monkey.
Putting the laughter in manslaughter
BWT
Silent But Deadly

Post by BWT »

TOOL1075 wrote:
BWT wrote:
Omega_556 wrote: SIG P229 in .357SIG
why?
Sig's aren't bad, different, I've just never been really impressed with them, I guess. I'd think they'd use something a bit higher end... I dunno, I just never though Sigs. I know P226 are favored among SEALs, but other then that. I didn't like the P220's I saw, just awkward grip for me.

As for (ETA: Didn't make sense, I was multi-tasking and writing this post) shocked they'd use a proprietary round like .357 SIG, as I understand it's basically equivalent to a .40 S&W.

I also figured they'd use a Full Size Grip/Pistol, the frame seems smaller and compact, I figured since they're SS and they can get away with carrying MP5K's, etc, they'd have a larger framed handgun, better fighting pistol, etc.

Dunno, that and the DA/SA trigger, it just, eh.

Shocked me.
Last edited by BWT on Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

BWT wrote:
TOOL1075 wrote:
BWT wrote: Shocked they'd carry a Sig, and a .357 SIG.
why?
Sig's aren't bad, different, I've just never been really impressed with them, I guess. I'd think they'd use something a bit higher end... I dunno, I just never though Sigs. I know P226 are favored among SEALs, but other then that. I didn't like the P220's I saw, just awkward grip for me.

As for .40 S&W shocked they'd use a proprietary round like .357 SIG, as I understand it's basically equivalent to a .40 S&W.

I also figured they'd use a Full Size Grip/Pistol, the frame seems smaller and compact, I figured since they're SS and they can get away with carrying MP5K's, etc, they'd have a larger framed handgun, better fighting pistol, etc.

Shocked me.

You have much to learn about SIG's...
Putting the laughter in manslaughter
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

A .357 Sig may be very similar to a .40 S&W in terms of power, but in terms of penetration - no comparison. The .357 Sig punches cover and vests like no other common pistol round. I'd guess this is a concern to Treasury and SS agents alike - sort of makes them fundamentally different from an average cop who is likely less concerned with effectiveness against an armored or barricaded opponent.
BWT
Silent But Deadly

Post by BWT »

YugoRPK wrote:
BWT wrote:
TOOL1075 wrote: why?

As for .40 S&W shocked they'd use a proprietary round like .357 SIG, as I understand it's basically equivalent to a .40 S&W.

Shocked me.

You have much to learn about SIG's...
Apparently, I was a hair's breadth away from buying a P220 with a Beavertail Grip, until I handled 1911's more. That and I didn't care for the trigger. It had the fat grip feel of a G21, with the single stack magazine of a 1911, so it was the worst of both worlds, and I like .45 ACP.

Both valid points. So maybe I'm out of the loop.
Omega_556
Silent But Deadly

Post by Omega_556 »

BWT wrote:I figured since they're SS and they can get away with carrying MP5K's, etc
You are correct, H&K MP5KA4 specifically.