Hope this is as good as Band of Brothers

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

jimmym40a2
Elite Member

Hope this is as good as Band of Brothers

Post by jimmym40a2 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEZJ_C4LwzA
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

Good question. I hope so.
-----
Ick
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

I recognize faces, which is more than I could say for BoB (edit: bad thing). I was hoping they'd make one of these. If it's half as good, I'll love it.
BWT
Silent But Deadly

Post by BWT »

Twinsen wrote:I recognize faces, which is more than I could say for BoB (edit: bad thing). I was hoping they'd make one of these. If it's half as good, I'll love it.
To be honest, that's kind of what I liked about Band Of Brothers, it wasn't a bunch of hollywood Pre-Madonna's that have an alternate political agenda and actively campaign for political organizations/candidates.
504ranger
Silent But Deadly

Post by 504ranger »

I would suspect with the production team (same as BoB) that it will be amazing. The previews look awesome.
steve7478
Silent But Deadly

Post by steve7478 »

Saving private whyrin.
There is an 11 to 17 minute response time to a 911 call. You can either choose to put effective rounds on target, neutralizing the threat, or try to find a telephone. The person who killed you while you were dialing 911 will have enough time to cook a frozen pizza before the "Badged Historians" show up to draw the chalk line.
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

BWT wrote:
Twinsen wrote:I recognize faces, which is more than I could say for BoB (edit: bad thing). I was hoping they'd make one of these. If it's half as good, I'll love it.
To be honest, that's kind of what I liked about Band Of Brothers, it wasn't a bunch of hollywood Pre-Madonna's that have an alternate political agenda and actively campaign for political organizations/candidates.
Kind of? Beyond that, big faces ruin stories, you know what's going to happen. Also, most famous actors act like themselves in every role, they don't take on the character. They have no reason to try, they're already rich and they'll get more jobs just on their face. So their performance is often just ego, or their one patented character they apply to every role.

I mean, it isn't always the case, but nonames often make a movie awesome.
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

I can't believe you didnt recognize faces in BoB . It was like a roll call of Hollywood TV actors Maybe Ive been watching too much TV but everyone and their brother had a walk on during that show.
Putting the laughter in manslaughter
BWT
Silent But Deadly

Post by BWT »

Twinsen wrote:
BWT wrote:
Kind of? Beyond that, big faces ruin stories, you know what's going to happen. Also, most famous actors act like themselves in every role, they don't take on the character. They have no reason to try, they're already rich and they'll get more jobs just on their face. So their performance is often just ego, or their one patented character they apply to every role.

Difference between someone who has something to prove, and someone they're hiring for their stereotyped role.

Let's be honest about it, People hire Robert Deniro and Al Pacino to do one thing, either to be cops or bad asses in films.

It's sad but true. But I also think Pacino and Deniro played a lot of great roles and did a lot of great things to earn the money they earn.

ETA:

I can't believe you didnt recognize faces in BoB . It was like a roll call of Hollywood TV actors Maybe Ive been watching too much TV but everyone and their brother had a walk on during that show.
The only one in a Major Role (early on in the series) was the guy from friends, no I don't know his name, and nor do I care.

I saw Jimmy Falon pull up in a Jeep on their way into bastogne but other then that, Nothing too remarkable, everyone from the unit itself was a nobody (as far as acting is concerned), and they did a damn good job.
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

BWT wrote:
Twinsen wrote:
BWT wrote: To be honest, that's kind of what I liked about Band Of Brothers, it wasn't a bunch of hollywood Pre-Madonna's that have an alternate political agenda and actively campaign for political organizations/candidates.

Difference between someone who has something to prove, and someone they're hiring for their stereotyped role.

Let's be honest about it, People hire Robert Deniro and Al Pacino to do one thing, either to be cops or bad asses in films.

It's sad but true. But I also think Pacino and Deniro played a lot of great roles and did a lot of great things to earn the money they earn.

ETA:

The only one in a Major Role (early on in the series) was the guy from friends, no I don't know his name, and nor do I care.

I saw Jimmy Falon pull up in a Jeep on their way into bastogne but other then that, Nothing too remarkable, everyone from the unit itself was a nobody (as far as acting is concerned), and they did a damn good job.

A nickle if you spotted Tom Hanks. The main cast was unknown for the most part except maybe Ron Livingston and a quick appearance by David Schwimmer ( the friends guy ) but quick walkons were a hallmark of the show.
BWT
Silent But Deadly

Post by BWT »

YugoRPK wrote:
BWT wrote:
Twinsen wrote: Kind of? Beyond that, big faces ruin stories, you know what's going to happen. Also, most famous actors act like themselves in every role, they don't take on the character. They have no reason to try, they're already rich and they'll get more jobs just on their face. So their performance is often just ego, or their one patented character they apply to every role.

ETA:

A nickle if you spotted Tom Hanks. The main cast was unknown for the most part except maybe Ron Livingston and a quick appearance by David Schwimmer ( the friends guy ) but quick walkons were a hallmark of the show.
You're right about Ron Livingston, but he did the role so well, I forgot about his prior films.

Wasn't aware Hanks had any role in any of the movie.
Jonas
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jonas »

BWT wrote: To be honest, that's kind of what I liked about Band Of Brothers, it wasn't a bunch of hollywood Pre-Madonna's...
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/prima+donna
Blaubart
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaubart »

YugoRPK wrote:A nickle if you spotted Tom Hanks.
For some reason, I was thinking he appeared near the end when they were fighting across the river, but nope... I had to search for it.

http://www.eeggs.com/images/items/123.full.jpg

(Direct linking verboten, copy and paste the link into your browser)
Last edited by Blaubart on Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"And by the way, if you're gonna take up a hobby of letter writing, you might want to learn how to spell "writing" you stupid F--k." - Nighthawk re kwikrnu
BWT
Silent But Deadly

Post by BWT »

pbauw wrote:
BWT wrote: To be honest, that's kind of what I liked about Band Of Brothers, it wasn't a bunch of hollywood Pre-Madonna's...
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/prima+donna
Thank you. I won't let it happen again, and won't edit it so that for posterity, nobody makes the same mistake.

:wink:
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

BWT wrote:
YugoRPK wrote:
BWT wrote: Difference between someone who has something to prove, and someone they're hiring for their stereotyped role.

ETA:

You're right about Ron Livingston, but he did the role so well, I forgot about his prior films.

Hanks did a quick cameo with the British Red Devils in the background. He was one of the executive producers as well .
BWT
Silent But Deadly

Post by BWT »

YugoRPK wrote:
BWT wrote:
YugoRPK wrote:

Hanks did a quick cameo with the British Red Devils in the background. He was one of the executive producers as well .

Found it! :D

ETA: Fixed it too.

ETA 2:

He's an Executive Producer in the new series as well, and Steven Spielberg is involved again.

(I figured it was wiser to edit the existing post, than start a new one, I didn't realize I had until just a second ago.)
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

I don't watch TV, but I watch a lot of movies. I remember friends guy, he was great in it. You could very easily hate him, and see how he's the perfect person to train recruits, because he actually hates them. Jimmy Falon made me vomit. Every time I see that ammo delivery, I vomit across the entire length of the room I am in. I've done it outside, my vomit is still traveling through space.