inglorious bastards

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

trey_phish83
Silent But Deadly

inglorious bastards

Post by trey_phish83 »

this movie sucked. you expect brad pitt to be running around paris shooting nazi's in the face with some sort of historical accuracy. the whole movie is centered around burning down a movie theater with a crowd of big wig nazi's in it. they even kill hitler in the end. very very stupid. the gun play isn't even good. there is maybe 2-3 shootouts and they all suck.

pretty much, with what i said, and the previews you've watched, you've seen the whole movie.

oh, and if you like subtitles, you'll love this movie, because 90% of the movie is in either german or french. and brad pitt maybe is on screen for 20 minutes.

watch it free at tvshack and save your money for bullets.

here's the link
Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

I thought it sucked too. I was expecting some good battle scenes or at least some ambush scenes. NADA !!! Lots of German and lots of French but nothing that made me want to anything other than be happy I didnt actually pay to see it in a theater. The ending was stupid. Why spend the whole movie trying to stress realism and then come out with that stinking bowl of elephant piss alternative history ending?
Putting the laughter in manslaughter
Smalldog
Silent But Deadly

Post by Smalldog »

I tried to warn you guys with the spoiler..... :roll: :lol:

I gave it an alright....
bigbigpig
Silent But Deadly

Post by bigbigpig »

I guess I'll be the first to say I liked it a lot. I didn't think it would be solid gunfighting action from beginning to end. Nor did I want it to be. A lot of people have said that it wasn't historically accurate; but it was never said to be historically accurate.
ruggedtraditions
Silent But Deadly

Post by ruggedtraditions »

Its a Quentin Tarantino film. What did you expect. I went to it knowing it would be a similar style to his previous films.

Did you really expect quality action scenes? I thought it was more of a comedy than an action movie.

I thought it was worth watching. However I dont think I would pay to see it in the theater.
Ikke treder på mig!
joshrunkle35
Silent But Deadly

Post by joshrunkle35 »

I thought it was awesome. I loved every minute of it. I plan on seeing it again. Soon.

It's called imagination.

And it's not "Inglorious Bastards." It's "Inglourious Basterds."
So the Libyan Fable is told
That once an eagle, stricken with a dart,
Said, when he saw the fashion of the shaft,
"With our own feathers, not by others' hands,
Are we now smitten."
-Anton Myrer, Once an Eagle
paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Post by paco ramirez »

My dad said it was corny.
steve7478
Silent But Deadly

Post by steve7478 »

Thank you for the link and saving me the $30. It was entertaining.

If I did not know who made this film, and was asked afterward to guess who was responsible, my one and only guess would be Quentin Tarantino.
There is an 11 to 17 minute response time to a 911 call. You can either choose to put effective rounds on target, neutralizing the threat, or try to find a telephone. The person who killed you while you were dialing 911 will have enough time to cook a frozen pizza before the "Badged Historians" show up to draw the chalk line.
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

steve7478 wrote:Thank you for the link and saving me the $30. It was entertaining.

If I did not know who made this film, and was asked afterward to guess who was responsible, my one and only guess would be Quentin Tarantino.

Yeah that would be a hard guess. People sitting around the table talking smack about nothing to do with the plot line for 5 minutes with a camera panning around them and showing up after the action is over dealing with the aftermath...Tarantino.
Putting the laughter in manslaughter
steve7478
Silent But Deadly

Post by steve7478 »

Yugo you see my point exactly.
There is an 11 to 17 minute response time to a 911 call. You can either choose to put effective rounds on target, neutralizing the threat, or try to find a telephone. The person who killed you while you were dialing 911 will have enough time to cook a frozen pizza before the "Badged Historians" show up to draw the chalk line.
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

Why did he shoot him in the balls instead of the head? If he shot him in the head they would have all lived. AGHHGAHGHAGAGHAGHGHAHGAHGAHGHGHGHGHGAHGAHGHGHGHGHGHGhhhhhh
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

Not one of his best but it did have the Tarantino mark to it.
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
Dweezil
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dweezil »

I thought it was funny as s--t. Pretty good character development with the "Jew Hunter" and theater owner as well. I'll probably buy it. Anybody expecting, this, or any Tarantino flick to be realistic or historically accurate is on crack...and obviously didn't read the reviews. I'd put it up there with "Tropic Thunder" or "Deliverance."
"I'm from the government...I'm here to help."
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Dweezil wrote:I thought it was funny as s--t. Pretty good character development with the "Jew Hunter" and theater owner as well. I'll probably buy it. Anybody expecting, this, or any Tarantino flick to be realistic or historically accurate is on crack...and obviously didn't read the reviews. I'd put it up there with "Tropic Thunder" or "Deliverance."
Whoa!! Whoa there I say!! Deliverance is a classic on par with the Iliad!

Shame on ya. :lol:
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
JacksonBrowne
Silent But Deadly

Post by JacksonBrowne »

I laughed my ass off.
Dweezil
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dweezil »

continuity wrote:
Dweezil wrote:I thought it was funny as s--t. Pretty good character development with the "Jew Hunter" and theater owner as well. I'll probably buy it. Anybody expecting, this, or any Tarantino flick to be realistic or historically accurate is on crack...and obviously didn't read the reviews. I'd put it up there with "Tropic Thunder" or "Deliverance."
Whoa!! Whoa there I say!! Deliverance is a classic on par with the Iliad!

Shame on ya. :lol:
Bullshit: Deliverance is WAAYY better than the Iliad. C'mon...how many classic lines from the Iliad can you remember, especially when you're drunk. :lol:
"I'm from the government...I'm here to help."
Ronzo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ronzo »

JacksonBrowne wrote:I laughed my ass off.
I loved it,if this movie isn't the best ad for getting rid of gun control it's close. SS Colonel drops by for a glass of milk. . yeah . .OK. All in all a funny movie.
dae.edorian
Silent But Deadly

Post by dae.edorian »

It's a dark comedy that's purely dialogue driven. If you go in expecting a war movie or even an action movie, you're going to be disappointed.

If you go in looking for some classic scenes and great lines a-la reservoir dogs or pulp fiction, you'll get your money's worth.

Historical accuracy is something this film quite deliberately set out to avoid.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, and found it much more entertaining than his other recent works. (Death Proof and Kill Bill).

Killing Hitler at the end isn't stupid, it's hilarious. I mean, his face is blown apart by an MP-40 at point blank range and then he's blown up. That's just classic.

In a totally unrelated note, District 9 did nothing for me.
Smalldog
Silent But Deadly

Post by Smalldog »

Tell us about District 9...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

Smalldog wrote:Tell us about District 9...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You will have to wait 3 years.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
noiseless
Silent But Deadly

Post by noiseless »

I was bored

There were like six good laughs in it and every action scene except the bar was in the previews.

If your wanting an "Action Movie", see something else.

If you want dialog . . . lots of dialog . . . lots of subtitled dialog. Lots of repetitious, boring, subtitled dialog . . . and very little cheractor development . . . see this movie

I will give credit in that the costumes and cinematography was awesome
[b]Sharp Knives and Quiet Guns[/b]

Inside Sales - Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9988 (phone)
770-925-9989 (fax)
[email protected]
www.aacblog.com
www.advanced-armament.com
ek1179
Senior Silent Operator

Post by ek1179 »

I hope people know this movie is a rehash of a 1970something flik.
dae.edorian
Silent But Deadly

Post by dae.edorian »

ek1179 wrote:I hope people know this movie is a rehash of a 1970something flik.
Actually, it's almost totally unrelated to the original "Inglorious Bastards" besides the name. Tarantino just lifted the title. It's not a remake.
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

I remember a few scenes which were almost exactly the same as in some old movie I have seen. Can't remember the name of the old movie... but the cards stuck on the foreheads scene was exact. A lot was familiar but its been so long ago I can't remember.

I just watched it on the net. Not worth the price of admission in my opinion.. But different strokes.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
commissar_yarrick
Silent But Deadly

Post by commissar_yarrick »

dae.edorian wrote:
Actually, it's almost totally unrelated to the original "Inglorious Bastards" besides the name. Tarantino just lifted the title. It's not a remake.
Tarintino was originally going to do a remake but decided on a homage.
Winter Is Coming.