Best looking car

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

silentobsession
Elite Member

Post by silentobsession »

pneumagger wrote:Twinsen, what the hell is that.
It's gorgeous.
TVR Tuscan.
Fallschirmjaager
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fallschirmjaager »

ETA: Sorry if anyone got caught by that. Jackass pranks. F--k them.

I think the 599GTB is one of the most beautiful things to come out of Italy in 30 or 40 years. It's like an updated version of the clean, uninsisting lines of the 250 GTO and 250 SWB. They perform, and they're elegant, but they don't scream "LOOK AT ME!" like the F series cars or Lambos do. I have to agree with the TVR too though, gorgeous car. I saw so many of them when I was in England and Scotland, it blew me away. Never seen a single one over here.

As far as really old stuff though, can't beat the Auburn:

Last edited by Fallschirmjaager on Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I live in the weak and the wounded... Doc...
CKOD
Silent But Deadly

Post by CKOD »

Fallschirmjaager wrote:[ig]http://haytom.com/images/messerschmitt/ ... mitt-1.jpg[/mg]

8)

I think the 599GTB is one of the most beautiful things to come out of Italy in 30 or 40 years. It's like an updated version of the clean, uninsisting lines of the 250 GTO and 250 SWB. They perform, and they're elegant, but they don't scream "LOOK AT ME!" like the F series cars or Lambos do. I have to agree with the TVR too though, gorgeous car. I saw so many of them when I was in England and Scotland, it blew me away. Never seen a single one over here.

As far as really old stuff though, can't beat the Auburn:

your first image host sucks dick... try another :? press f5 and you'll see what I mean
Fallschirmjaager
Silent But Deadly

Yeah that was gay, literally and figureatively. It was supposed to be a picture of the little three wheeled Messerschmitt econocar from the early 60's but I'm not gonna risk trying to post it again. Sorry if anyone opened that at work or around kids or something.
Bone16
Elite Member

Post by Bone16 »

My favorites in order:
America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the mall.

Bone 16, Asshat at large, OUT!
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

My stock Sequoia can beat this in 1/4 mile:

chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

2010 Audi RS8 Cabriolet

silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

While I had one, I am against convertibles now. They are heavier, less rigid, more complex, and if they are a soft top, vulnerable to being cut.
Fallschirmjaager
Silent But Deadly

rsilvers wrote:My stock Sequoia can beat this in 1/4 mile:

[mg]http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-1980- ... ont-st.jpg[/ig]
Yeah I don't understand why anyone would pick the 308 as a favorite Ferrari, especially with a 250 Testarossa below it on the list.

Bet your stock Sequoia can't beat this though! 8)

no4mk1t
Silent But Deadly

Post by no4mk1t »

Cortland wrote:I could come up with dozens upon dozens of better looking cars.

Leave the British to what they do best......making ESB's, IPA's, and the Rolls Royce Merlin. I am also slightly prejudiced towards the No4Mk1(T) and L42A1. All judged in their own era of course.

British cars have electrical systems by Lucas.......Prince of Darkness.......positive "Earth" and all that rot. :shock:
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference.
Harry S. Truman
Outsydlooknin75
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Outsydlooknin75 »

Now THATS a sexy mother fucker
If you can read this thank a teacher, if you can read this in English thank a soldier.
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

GAS HOG!
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Incredible.
Fallschirmjaager
Silent But Deadly

Ugh. Disgusting. It looks like a new Beetle, just with an uglier grill and ricer-esque decals.
Wyatt9k
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wyatt9k »

My favorite car if I won the lottery, acura NSX, this would be the first car I'd buy...

Cortland
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Cortland »

i hate the distended ass end on that thing. i understand it's rear-engined, but if it's gonna be that far back just put it on a trailer and let the car have rear wheels in the same time zone as the rear bumper.
Black
Silent But Deadly

Post by Black »

Pretty sexy F-Car. My dad's got a 1972 GTC/4, it's my favorite Ferrari :)

Edit: Forgive the paint, it's a little dusty as they're on a pretty long road trip.
"God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best." - Voltaire

[url=http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj315/Montaska/Firearms/]My Photobucket[/url]
tyler500e

Post by tyler500e »

Mark_H
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mark_H »

1969 CAMARO SS I'll have one someday.

rill
Silent But Deadly

Post by rill »

I would think Aston Martins should be high on the list.
EvilKev
Silent But Deadly

Post by EvilKev »

Wyatt9k wrote:My favorite car if I won the lottery, acura NSX, this would be the first car I'd buy...

+1

The NSX is my all time favorite!
$100.00 discount off Rogue stocks now at M14HDW.US
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

pneumagger wrote:Twinsen, what the hell is that.
It's gorgeous.
Extremely sporty car. Around 2400 pounds, 400 horse+ out of a straight 6. Just for going really fast and no other purpose, so they had the same problem all other sporty cars have had. People bought them thinking they were buying a luxury car, they are far from it, and so they whine and complain. Also they're British so no electronics ever work. Dumbasses. This is why they're making either 2 or 0 cars right now, and why Ferrari is still in business and going strong with 4000 pound luxury cars.

The complaints are always about rattles and movement and a bumpy ride. Because they aren't unibody, the panels move, because they are bolted in place, not welded. And the bumpy ride because it's a FUCKING SPORTS CAR, AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Since when is feeling the road a bad thing? Having control is bad. You need a car that floats around, because that's "good".

I wish their old site was still up so you could see the interior options. The paint options they offered was in the thousands of colors. They had at least two kinds of chameleon paint styles, three of single colors, and hundreds of colors to mix into those styles. The interiors were the same. You chose stitching or piping and the color of it, the color and type of leather and trim leather as well. And there's pretty much nothing other than leather in them. Leather dash, leather console, leather around the radio, leather wheel. Aweeesome.

Edit: looks like they only offer a 380 tune right now.
Cortland
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Cortland »

I've seen photos on FB of Paledaddy driving a TVR. I think his dad has one.
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

Also Cortland's car is incredibly good looking. Hydroformed aluminum for the fucking win. Top up: ugly. Top down: The Sex. Nobody else makes metal bodied cars with body panels anywhere near that perfectly made. They're either much heavier or they had to give up on styling for strength. And if they use aluminum, they sacrifice a LOT.

I think they should make that windshield frame body colored though. I can't stand chrome in any application.
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

Wyatt9k wrote:My favorite car if I won the lottery, acura NSX, this would be the first car I'd buy...

I know a girl that has one. You don't need to win the lottery to get one.