AR15.com...

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

BookHound
Silent But Deadly

Post by BookHound »

TonyT wrote:My take is this: (big picture)
You can choose to like Silvers, hate him, take him at face value, or mistrust him. What he has achieved with his website has furthered the understanding of suppressors, and has caused all manufacturers to step up their game, now that they are being directly compared to one another. It has brought a cottage, word-of-mouth industry into the limelight, and has in many ways legitimised it, and furthered the advancement of design by (almost) all manufacturers.
I choose to like him (don't know him personally, only met briefly), and take him at face value.

Excellent post. I agree with you 100%.

When Robert started his independent testing, he didn't know Kevin or anyone from AAC. He had no relationship with the company. Kevin was (as far as I know) the only silencer manufacturer who encouraged the independent testing Robert was performing. While some other companies tried to discredit test results, AAC provided off the shelf products for Robert to test. Other companies wouldn't give Robert the time of day.

Like him or not, Robert helped educate a LOT of people. His tests forced many manufacturers to make product improvements and raise the bar. This has been good for all of us. :wink:

For the record, I had a customer the other day wanting to buy several AAC cans. The guy later contacted me and decided to drop one of the AAC cans and go with one from another company BASED ON ROBERT'S RECOMMENDATION! Robert calls things as he sees them.

That is my opinion at least.

Mark
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I never mislead people with recommendations. I have always said what I think is the best which is why I have been annoyed at the AR15 staff who claims I trash certain manufacturers. I only recommend good products and always have technical reasons to back up my claim. If I don't push company X enough, they should probably weld their cans, or use boosters, or do what it takes to make a nicer can.

Did it ever occur to them that maybe AAC is overall doing the most innovative stuff? AAC is the future of silencers. Listen to me now, and believe me later.
IceHandLuke
Silent But Deadly

Post by IceHandLuke »

Its sad because AR15.com has some solid info on its site but its run by a bunch of ass holes that act like its a little club of dick suckers. I gave up on that fucking site months ago.
Bring lawyers guns and money

http://www.awrm.org
http://www.freestateproject.org

If you know your history, then you know you are already a member.

solitary.phoenix
Silent But Deadly

Operation Cara

Post by solitary.phoenix »

We haven't named this conflict yet- I submit that it should be dubbed "Operation Cara". I'm imagining one of those "restroom style" AAC logos- except wearing a dress, and with another little "white" AAC logo inside it's belly area.

Anyway with all the misinformation circulating around gayr15.com, we should lay down some some simple, understandable truth for those just now joining this conversation.

FACT #1: Cara didn't do anything wrong- she defended herself.

FACT #2: Cara's enemies- like Steve, for instance- don't appreciate it when she defends herself. They feel teensy.

FACT #3: Cara is in fact female, according to her own admission.

FACT #4: Cara is in fact pregnant.

FACT #5: Steve may, or may not be pregnant.

FACT #6: AAC is the razor tip of the cutting edge in suppression technology.

FACT #7: AAC's enemies are so consumed with jealousy and hopeless
frustration that they ban pregnant women who affiliate themselves with AAC.

FACT #8: Steve's best friend is a sock puppet named "Mr. Boogers". Their relationship is strained.

FACT #9: AAC will prosper and grow. Their success does not depend upon the failure of their enemies. Unfortunately, the success of their enemies does depend upon the failure of AAC. Otherwise they have no chance to be "top dog". Which explains the futile and desperate attempts that some jealous individuals make to assassinate AAC's good character.

FACT #10: "Mr. Boogers" may, or may not be Steve's baby's daddy.

Cyclone? Arevalo? Feel free to chime in. Feel the love.

$!lv3r
Suppressor Professor
Elite Industry Professional

Post by Suppressor Professor »

I already have the Girl Restroom Logo....it's on my business card!

I am going to make girl shirts with that design for all of the beautiful women you silly men fooled into liking you!

:shock: :lol:
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Re: Operation Cara

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

silverphoenix wrote:We haven't named this conflict yet- I submit that it should be dubbed "Operation Cara". I'm imagining one of those "restroom style" AAC logos- except wearing a dress, and with another little "white" AAC logo inside it's belly area.

Anyway with all the misinformation circulating around gayr15.com, we should lay down some some simple, understandable truth for those just now joining this conversation.

FACT #1: Cara didn't do anything wrong- she defended herself.

FACT #2: Cara's enemies- like Steve, for instance- don't appreciate it when she defends herself. They feel teensy.

FACT #3: Cara is in fact female, according to her own admission.

FACT #4: Cara is in fact pregnant.

FACT #5: Steve may, or may not be pregnant.

FACT #6: AAC is the razor tip of the cutting edge in suppression technology.

FACT #7: AAC's enemies are so consumed with jealousy and hopeless
frustration that they ban pregnant women who affiliate themselves with AAC.

FACT #8: Steve's best friend is a sock puppet named "Mr. Boogers". Their relationship is strained.

FACT #9: AAC will prosper and grow. Their success does not depend upon the failure of their enemies. Unfortunately, the success of their enemies does depend upon the failure of AAC. Otherwise they have no chance to be "top dog". Which explains the futile and desperate attempts that some jealous individuals make to assassinate AAC's good character.

FACT #10: "Mr. Boogers" may, or may not be Steve's baby's daddy.

Cyclone? Arevalo? Feel free to chime in. Feel the love.

$!lv3r
Brother i'm with you.

Tony said it best above.

I used robert's info to make my first silencer purchase.

I agree with everything you said above except I would have used the word F--k alot more.

LOl.

:lol:

:wink:
NFAtalk.org
solitary.phoenix
Silent But Deadly

Suppressor Professor wrote:I already have the Girl Restroom Logo....it's on my business card!

I am going to make girl shirts with that design for all of the beautiful women you silly men fooled into liking you!

That's a wonderful idea, Cara.

I just hope you'll let me order in bulk, because I don't want to leave anyone out. Women can be so sensitive.
solitary.phoenix
Silent But Deadly

ArevaloSOCOM wrote:
Brother i'm with you.

That rawks, and I hereby appoint you as my editor in chief.

We're all just tactical skittles in the big plastic baggie of life....some of us are green, some of us are grey. You, my friend are green.

(waits for "wtf?")
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

,Im with you on this one too bro, Cara seems like a sweet women and Rob S. is just doin his job they would both be on #1 speed dial if I had speed dial

Cara,is very pleasant (to say the least) and to ban her over something trivial is somewhat mean,she has all my respect when it comes to silencers, looks and intellgence.+ she pregnant?Bannig a pregnant women, need I say more.

P.S. what color skittle would I be
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

Suppressor Professor wrote:I already have the Girl Restroom Logo....it's on my business card!

please dont tell my wife,I think shes on too me.LOL :lol:
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

I would buy one of those for my wife!
solitary.phoenix
Silent But Deadly

cyclone72 wrote:,Im with you on this one too bro...

P.S. what color skittle would I be
'Clone, you've always got my back. I'm officially appointing you as my right hand man. You're the kind of guy I would loan my Saleen out to- if I had a freakin Saleen. That would make you a truly camo green skittle- a member of the best and brightest class of skittles to walk this tactical playground of happiness.

You and Arevalo should be proud. Very proud.

:D
wolffie
Silent But Deadly

Post by wolffie »

Damn... I just ordered a regular restroom logo for mine. She thought is was funny. I guess I'll have to get the lady version later.
Suppressor Professor

wolffie wrote:

Damn... I just ordered a regular restroom logo for mine. She thought is was funny. I guess I'll have to get the lady version later.
Send it back, we'll exchange it.
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

Suppressor Professor wrote:Send it back, we'll exchange it.
Does that mean you have the girl restroom logo shirts ready to order too?
I'm thinking his and hers to go with my^H^H our new pilot :)
Last edited by chrismartin on Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Suppressor Professor

Yes, girl shirts (baby doll style) are now available in several colors...

Let me think, we've got pink, light blue, black and maybe slate gray in that logo. And, we have some of the other popular logo's as well. The Illegal is really cool in pink. The Blackout Skull is awesome in black and also in pink or light blue (depends on my mood). The new school monkeys is cool in black and also in pink or blue. The AAC logo is good for those women that aren't "into" guns but like to support their man's interests when applicable *smile*.

And my personal favorite is the Skull and Cross guns shirt, it looks good in any color.

I have to do a shirt check with Kevin on a daily basis. Seems like we always want to wear the same shirt on the same day... Especially the pink ones. :lol:
JEJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by JEJ »

Suppressor Professor wrote:Yes, girl shirts (baby doll style) are now available in several colors...

Let me think, we've got pink, light blue, black and maybe slate gray in that logo. And, we have some of the other popular logo's as well. The Illegal is really cool in pink. The Blackout Skull is awesome in black and also in pink or light blue (depends on my mood). The new school monkeys is cool in black and also in pink or blue. The AAC logo is good for those women that aren't "into" guns but like to support their man's interests when applicable *smile*.

And my personal favorite is the Skull and Cross guns shirt, it looks good in any color.

I have to do a shirt check with Kevin on a daily basis. Seems like we always want to wear the same shirt on the same day... Especially the pink ones. :lol:
Anyone want start a pool to see how long it takes until Thier oldest kid gets sent home for wearing a shirt that the gets the Schools panties in a bunch?

... Yes EdSr I said "Panties in a bunch." in mixed company no less!
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

Suppressor Professor wrote:Yes, girl shirts (baby doll style) are now available in several colors...

Let me think, we've got pink, light blue, black and maybe slate gray in that logo. And, we have some of the other popular logo's as well. The Illegal is really cool in pink.
I am so calling tomorrow! She loves pink!
I wish there was a zoom in on the Illegal shirt, what's it say?
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Steve-From-VA posted:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b ... 930&page=2

Silvers was shown the door by Tom.

Not sure about AAC in general.
and
I was doing my job. This was AFTER he had been warned several times about this type of tripe. This is why he was banned from Bower's board. This one of the reasons he's no longer here.
Steve,

Your post is incorrect. I choose to not post there. Tom asked me to not announce new test results unless I bought a $5 ad. I was frustrated because I run a non-profit information site. As a joke I blocked the word 'subguns' (it was really just to test my word-blocking feature). Tom, in return, blocked my name. Every time I posted since this event, my post was allowed to stay. Also, Tom never told me I was banned -- so as far as I know there was no banning -- just a reciprocal blocking.
zach h
Silent But Deadly

Post by zach h »

I've noticed the subguns thing. I just assumed you were baned.

I liked reading you tech post on AR15 . I also liked you vids . unlike most I can just skim over the un important crap and read the good stuff.
wolffie
Silent But Deadly

Post by wolffie »

Suppressor Professor wrote:
wolffie wrote:

Send it back, we'll exchange it.
Thanks for the offer! I just ordered it Wednesday and it's not here yet, but, I'll just call and order another one. It's not really worth hassle to you or the cost of shipping to send them back and forth. I do appreciate it though.
Kevin/AAC

Post by Kevin/AAC »

AAC is also not banned from Subguns.com. We choose not to post because the site is anonymous, which has caused it to degrade.

None of the other silencers makers care enough to post on any board.

If you want silencer info., Silencertests.com is the only place to find it.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

usma89 posted:
Robert Silvers is another matter. I was on silencertest for a while. It was and is an AAC board. Silvers acted like he was unbias, but could not help himself when other people had positive things to say about other cans. Silvers hates SWR. I posted that my SWR can had less blowback that my AAC can from my observations. He went on a rant about how I did not have equipment to make those type of observations and I should leave. I left and have never been back.
This is false. AAC does not control this board, and I have not even deleted the anti AAC post from Boller. It is clear this board is open to the free-flow of info from and about any maker.

I do not hate SWR and I often recommend the SWR Omega-30, QD-3K, and Trident (for subguns).

SWR actually put design changes into their products that I suggested. That was great and does not leave much to complain about.

Yes, your blowback tests were not scientific enough. Post a video of the blowback with streamers hanging behind the gun.

I also did NOT ask you to leave. Here is what I said to you:
I don't think anyone has any reasonable info on blowback. I was once going to test it by putting a sheet of paper behind the charging handle, and videotape it. But if anyone told me their impressions of blowback and did not do a documented experiment, I would not consider what they said to be meaningful enough to use it to base a decision on.
You then said you would leave, to which I replied:
I was not commenting on what you said, but you asked "If anyone has any info on AAC blowback" and I was telling you that -- even if they gave you 'their' impressions, there is no way to compare that to your own impressions in any meaningful way.
It is plain to see I hurt your feelings because I prefer scientific tests and you chose to leave on your own.
Last edited by silencertalk on Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:00 pm, edited 6 times in total.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

JosephR posted:
Orin- I'm reading only about 10% of what you write. I only commented on that one statement. I dont' want to get into all of this crap. I have VERY real reasons not to trust him. I was taken advantage of when he was only running silencertests and not running his mouth. He either lied or totally changed his opinion on something I asked him about.
If you have reasons to not trust me, why did you PM me a question asking for my advice yesterday? I gave you my best answer, and yet you still continue to post against me online.

BTW, my private message to you saying you made a mistake by buying the SRT can was not unprovoked and it is not that useful for you to use it without the context of what you said to me before that. After all, you were only decided to show the AR15 staff that message after they were about to ban you.
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

SilentRedemption wrote:
ArevaloSOCOM wrote:
Brother i'm with you.

That rawks, and I hereby appoint you as my editor in chief.

We're all just tactical skittles in the big plastic baggie of life....some of us are green, some of us are grey. You, my friend are green.

(waits for "wtf?")
LOL

I love skittles.....

NFAtalk.org