AR15.com...

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Kevin/AAC
Elite Industry Professional

AR15.com...

Post by Kevin/AAC »

They locked all of our accounts today without warning, cancelled our advertising, and simply sent an email offering a partial refund.

I believe this demonstrates their level of support and consideration for silencers. This reminds me of how political the NRA has become.
1928A1
Silent But Deadly

Post by 1928A1 »

You are kidding. What prompted that?
07FFL 02 SOT
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I guess challenging their judgement on this site in the thread about Cara?
Debo18
Silent But Deadly

Post by Debo18 »

AR15.who?

That site is a joke. I posted a short video of a some rifle training and it took me 15 minutes to wade through the s--t and find the training forum. It has a total of 1.5 pages of threads on rifle training to balance out the 52 billion pages threads on gear. Kinda makes you wonder what all those guys would ever be able to do with their tricked out rifles if they ever had to field them. It would look like the fucking Liberians. Oh well- Kevin you have a great following and make a really nice product. I wouldn't lose much sleep over those sheep.

Debo
"It's the Bill of Rights, not the Bill of Needs"
solitary.phoenix
Silent But Deadly

Re: AR15.com...

Post by solitary.phoenix »

Kevin/AAC wrote:They locked all of our accounts today without warning, cancelled our advertising, and simply sent an email offering a partial refund.

I believe this demonstrates their level of support and consideration for silencers. This reminds me of how political the NRA has become.
Consider it a badge of honor to be banned from gayR15.com- i wouldn't *want* to be party to a group of girliemen that mistreat pregnant women.

Someone should photoshop a "banned from ar15.com" award for the few, the proud.
soohwa
Silent But Deadly

Post by soohwa »

I logged in over there earlier, saw that the AAC tab was now "coming soon". I figured it was just a matter of time. Oh well.

I still buy from others that have been banned, I'm pretty sure you guys won't be any different.
كافر
JEJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by JEJ »

Well then Sounds like robert should ban AR15.commy Moderators.

Then you should send them legal notice saying you want all of your money back. Plus Triple Damages.
Stupid Redneck
Silent Operator

Post by Stupid Redneck »

I had a feeling that's what occured when I saw the "coming soon" advertising banner and AAC wasn't up there anymore.

Goatboy started a thread about it.
Me likey guns.
wreckdiver
Silent But Deadly

Post by wreckdiver »

That's pretty f'up. Sorry to here that. Guess you'll have to spend more time hanging out here.
Kevin/AAC

Post by Kevin/AAC »

Goatboy posted this on AR15.com...

"I just want to add, that RSilvers never identified himself as an AAC rep, in fact he denied that he had anything to do with them when he was ever questioned or approached. Once AAC signed up, it came up that Robert did indeed work for them, but that it was very recent development. We decided to give him another chance assuming he would be more "controlled.""

This is a complete lie. Robert had posted months before that he licensed a design to us.
Kevin/AAC

Post by Kevin/AAC »

He also posted this...

"As I said, Robert always carried on that he was in NO WAY affiliated with AAC, so when she posted from a random account, the staff confronted her. Their response was less than professional and the account was quickly locked.

With all the issues lately with shill accounts, we're just being much more aggressive than in the past. A simple email to clear things up would probably have solved any potential issues."

This is a complete lie about Robert, and Cara had been registered there since last year. She posted a press release which, according to our contract with AR15.com, she was entitled to do.

The mod. Steve-in VA hijacked the thread with a smartass response, he should have emailed instead, if the question was legitimate. He easily saw that her IP matched mine. He was only trying to be an ass.

There was no shilling, we paid them for the right to advertise, even in the technical forums. Steve-in-VA has a relationship with another silencer maker, STW. He was never required to disclose this.
Stupid Redneck
Silent Operator

Post by Stupid Redneck »

Are you sure about steve-in-va being a mod in that forum? He's not on the list of mods. I suppose it's possible he was very recently demoted, perhaps because of this latest incident.

I was surprised, because I thought her steve-in-vagina response was totally humorous and typical of ARFCOM's culture, not something to warrant a locking over.

Nevermind, I see he is Site Staff. He's being asked whether it's true he's affiliated with your competitor.
Me likey guns.
[cerberus]
Silent But Deadly

Post by [cerberus] »

Well if it makes you feel any better, if i was searching for a place to read up on silencers i wouldn't go to a site that promotes the ar15 name. I would more then likley (since i am here) go to a site wich has silencer in it's name.

Beisdes, i think you get a higher quality free advertising here, since a lot of people here are knowledgeable about the product and application.
cowboy7242001
Silent But Deadly

Post by cowboy7242001 »

Do i get a special reward if I get banned from there? I'm a low level mod (home town forums)
Kevin/AAC

Post by Kevin/AAC »

Stupid Redneck wrote:Are you sure about steve-in-va being a mod in that forum? He's not on the list of mods. I suppose it's possible he was very recently demoted, perhaps because of this latest incident.

I was surprised, because I thought her steve-in-vagina response was totally humorous and typical of ARFCOM's culture, not something to warrant a locking over.

Nevermind, I see he is Site Staff. He's being asked whether it's true he's affiliated with your competitor.
I am certain. He sent me several shitty emails over the last few days. He was part of banning us and knew about ahead of time.

Cara's comment was funny, he is just ultra-sensitive. Typical for that site.

Goatboy's B.S. about Robert was the first explanation ever offered to us about Robert's banning. They ignored every inquiry, but cashed our check very quickly. They have been much less than forthright in nearly every regard.
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

WHAT A BUCNH OF COCKSUCKERS!!!!!!

:evil:
NFAtalk.org
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

rsilvers wrote:I guess challenging their judgement on this site in the thread about Cara?
+1

Bet on it.

:evil:
NFAtalk.org
cowboy7242001
Silent But Deadly

Post by cowboy7242001 »

that thread got locked quick enough...
Griz
Silent But Deadly

Post by Griz »

Don't be mad at them, be sorry for them.

They saw you say that you were probably not going to renew your ads with them which would have made them feel even more insecure and impotent than normal, so they had to preemptively ban you to "prove" to themselves that they are powerful and consequential people.

They probably also think you were plotting to support M4Carbine.net since paranoia typically goes along with that kind of deep-rooted inferiority complex.
Kevin/AAC

Post by Kevin/AAC »

RenegadeX, one of the only decent AR15.com moderators, posted...

"I guess this was my mistake. I saw the post and did not see a problem. I guess I got caught up looking at all the cool pictures, and thinking I need to go buy a 338 Lapua rifle now.

Cara did not post from a random account. She posted from an account KNOWN by all the silencer moderators (AFAIK), and most of the AR15 community to be hers. Same account name she uses on other forums. Her ownership role of AAC is well known. There was no trolling, shilling or deceit on her part. I took it for granted everyone else knew that too, though with only 4 posts in 9 months, I can see how that might not be as common knowledge as I thought.

She also posted this thread less than 2 weeks earlier, nobody complained:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=20&t=205050

In just two threads she has started in less than 2 weeks, there have been 3600+ views.

I am very dissappointed in how this has turned out."

Thank you for telling the truth and being considerate.

Any AAC silencer of your choice is yours...free. Decide what you would like and let me know.

Thanks again,

Kevin
AAC
bigcraig

Post by bigcraig »

After I read RenegadeX reply, I wrote out a pissy reply, but when I hit the submit button it showed that the thread was locked. figures

I wouldnt worry too much, just let your products quality sell itself.
1928A1
Silent But Deadly

Post by 1928A1 »

Kevin, who made that blown up can?
07FFL 02 SOT
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

WOW.

I'm Impressed..............God for you Renegade X.

Congrats.

:shock:
NFAtalk.org
Kevin/AAC

Post by Kevin/AAC »

1928A1 wrote:Kevin, who made that blown up can?
I wish I knew.

What silencer companies had articles written about them in SAR last year? This info. should help narrow it.
CZ-75
Silent But Deadly

Post by CZ-75 »

In all honesty.... I lurk over at AR15.com in a few forums but rarely post due to the crap over there.

But... take a step back and look at yourselves. Many of you are not behaving much better, in my opinion.

This iste has become a "lets bash AR15.com" place lately.

If you really DO care less about the place, just STFU about it already ..... Jeezus....