'When Crocs Ate Dinosaurs'

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Hush
Silent But Deadly

'When Crocs Ate Dinosaurs'

Post by Hush »

'When Crocs Ate Dinosaurs': Scientists discover new species of crocodiles that once dominated Earth (Fox)

Scientists discover new species of crocodiles that once dominated Earth

http://newsclipper.org/#102265

Cool.
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
Smalldog
Silent But Deadly

Post by Smalldog »

Humans ate the dinosaurs, aka dragons.

Yes I am serious.
jlwilliams
Silent But Deadly

Post by jlwilliams »

Smalldog wrote:Humans ate the dinosaurs, aka dragons.

Yes I am serious.
Elaborate?
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

I ate a dinosaur last night. It was called a chicken.
Putting the laughter in manslaughter
Davo5o
Silent But Deadly

Post by Davo5o »

Smalldog wrote:Humans ate the dinosaurs, aka dragons.

Yes I am serious.
Did you learn that at church camp. :roll:
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." -Goethe
Transformers0704
Silent But Deadly

Post by Transformers0704 »

oh yes!! still some believe that moon is made outta wood! :shock:
chingon
Silent But Deadly

Post by chingon »

Transformers0704 wrote:oh yes!! still some believe that moon is made outta wood! :shock:
javascript:emoticon(':oops:')I thought it was made out of cheese
I always tell the truth, even when I lie
jlwilliams
Silent But Deadly

Post by jlwilliams »

chingon wrote:
Transformers0704 wrote:oh yes!! still some believe that moon is made outta wood! :shock:
javascript:emoticon(':oops:')I thought it was made out of cheese
It is made out of cheese. That's why it's so ridiculous to think that it's made of wood.

Glad I could clear that up for you. :wink:
Smalldog
Silent But Deadly

Post by Smalldog »

No Davo, I never went to church camp, but I'll gladly bet all of eternity that I'm totally right, (and that your just a plain old coward). :wink: :wink:

Oh and it's also mentioned in the book of Job.
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

Smalldog wrote:No Davo, I never went to church camp, but I'll gladly bet all of eternity that I'm totally right, (and that your just a plain old coward). :wink: :wink:

OMG you read the bible? Racist.
Smalldog
Silent But Deadly

Post by Smalldog »

Job is a good book, what's racist about it? :?
Smalldog
Silent But Deadly

Post by Smalldog »

Thinking about this, I'm going to have to take back this coward name that I have called Davo5o.... :oops:

Any man that has the guts to curse God is not very smart, but has far more guts than me... :shock:

I'm just going to feel real bad for you in the end. :cry:
Davo5o
Silent But Deadly

Post by Davo5o »

Smalldog wrote:No Davo, I never went to church camp, but I'll gladly bet all of eternity that I'm totally right, (and that your just a plain old coward). :wink: :wink:

Don't worry smalldick, I've still got your #. :wink: :wink:

"Totally Right"? Wow you sound like someone who's talking way past your pay grade. Maybe you should wise up and not be so fucking righteous, and except that fact that no one KNOWS what the F--k happens next. Unless you've died recently and come back from the grave, go F--k yourself.
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." -Goethe
Smalldog
Silent But Deadly

Post by Smalldog »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sorry you feel that way.
Davo5o
Silent But Deadly

Post by Davo5o »

I'm sorry for you as well.
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

OK, now that we've all agreed that many of us are going to burn in hell for not believing in all that completely true bible stuff we can move on. Job. Word of God. People eat dinosaurs. Earths 6000 years old. ad infinitum. Wow...Thats a relief.
Putting the laughter in manslaughter
Smalldog
Silent But Deadly

Post by Smalldog »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
jlwilliams
Silent But Deadly

Post by jlwilliams »

I'm not about to argue a matter of faith, and I'm definitely not about to insult anybody's faith.

The Bible, particularly the old testament, is full of things that make you wonder when you compare them to what we think we know about pre-history. I don't think the world is only 6000 years old, but I think that ancient stories that are often though of as legend are based in if not flat out truths. This stuff was written down by stone age and bronze age men with a significantly different perspective than we have. I doubt they lied. We may or may not properly understand or translate what they wrote, but I doubt the biblical stories were pure fiction. Kind of like the cave drawings that aparently show flying saucers and space men, we may be looking at them all wrong and the artist may have done a poor job of depicting what he saw; but the caveman saw something.

I'm not a Christian literlaist, but I don't think the early books of the bible are pure fantasy or just symbolism. You've got my interest, smalldog. Back to Job's dinosaurs. Can you save me a little reading and give me chapter and verse? Do I need to read the whole book to get the picture. I'd like to read it myself before I agree or disagree that that's what it said.

The theory that references to dragons in antiquity refer to animals we know as dinosaurs has significant merit. What would stone age or bronze aged man think of big bones that didn't go to any animals he saw around him? Imagination would fill in the blanks, and given what dinosaurs seem to have looked like, dragons fits the bill. As far as dinosaurs and men walking the earth together, I don't know about that. Can we over look the possability of animals that may have been rare in antiquity, have since become extinct, and who's remains are yet to be discovered in modern times? New species are occasionaly still found that are alive today. How likely is it that we know every ice age animal? Why wouldn't there be some odd creatures who's remains more or less got eaten up or decayed away?

Like I said, I have to read about these dragons eaten in Job before I speculate much more. What did the book say, how well described were they? Could well be that what was written made sense to them, but got confused by men who had seen fossils and say "this is what they meant".