Thinking about a job in Iraq

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Teufelhunden
Silent But Deadly

Post by Teufelhunden »

War is hell! But I am grateful for being able to serve in the Marine Corp during war time. I would always tell my squad to cherish these moments, that there are people who will never get to experience something like it. I am in Bahgdad now as a PMC and our rotation is 110 days over and 35 back home. I have cable, internet, phone, shower, and my own room about the size of a connex box. NOT TO BAD!
chingon
Silent But Deadly

Post by chingon »

I would jump on the opportunity.
I am a registered nurse and would like to work in Iraq, where do I find a recruiter. When I google fu all i get is dead links and sites that want a fee to join or see jobs.
I always tell the truth, even when I lie
2manygunz
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2manygunz »

I have no experience to add that would be constructive, but do wish you good luck in your decision, whatever it may be.
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

chingon wrote:I would jump on the opportunity.
I am a registered nurse and would like to work in Iraq, where do I find a recruiter. When I google fu all i get is dead links and sites that want a fee to join or see jobs.

I was contacted by an agent of the company. I don't know where you'd find a recruiter who specializes in that sort of thing.

Still waiting on a call back from corporate.
Putting the laughter in manslaughter
silverbulletexpress
Silent But Deadly

Post by silverbulletexpress »

Who's hiring 59 year old trigger pullers? Just what I thought..............damn

Chingon, Triple Canopy
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, 1785
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

2nd and 3rd interviews witht he Baghdad based management team this morning. Sailed right along. Havent decided if I want it or not. Turns out its not just in the Green zone. They have 6 facilities around Iraq based on air bases and I'd be travelling by C130 and helicopter between bases several times a month. Sounds fun and not fun at the same time.
dustdevil
Silent Operator

Post by dustdevil »

Traveling around by aircraft is not a big deal. Pack light, you have to lug it around. It is probably Ballad, Mosul, BIAP, etc. You go, sign up for a flight and wait to go.
generaldisarray
Silent But Deadly

Post by generaldisarray »

By chance are these Sipa Machines?
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

I don't know. Like I said I habve no blow molding experience so this would have been a learning opportunity.

I did turn the job down about an hour ago though. It would have been fun but at too many other expenses.
Black
Silent But Deadly

Post by Black »

Shock Coffee, Rip Its, and the Sandwich Bar? I'd go just for that. :twisted:
"God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best." - Voltaire

[url=http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj315/Montaska/Firearms/]My Photobucket[/url]
Teufelhunden
Silent But Deadly

Post by Teufelhunden »

I dont know if any of you guys are considering coming over besides YugoRPK, but the greatest benefit is being tax free up $91,400 annually :shock: