$250,000 from an IHOP???

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

MicroGuy
Silent But Deadly

$250,000 from an IHOP???

Post by MicroGuy »

I don't think so.....

A man was arrested Friday for allegedly kidnapping a former co-worker.

After being fired from his job at IHOP Wednesday, Moustapha Bayo, 36, reportedly showed up Thursday at Southern Restaurant Management on Lockeway Drive near Alpharetta in an attempt to get his job back, according to WSB-TV.

Armed with a machete and a paper sack with a handgun, he threatened to kill one of the managers, a 61-year-old man, Forsyth County Sheriff Ted Paxton said.

Bayo forced the manager to the ground and demanded $250,000 in cash

He then ordered the man into his own car and had the man drive a short distance north on Highway 9. Bayo tossed the paper sack out of the car window, according to the victim, and instructed the victim to return to Lockeway Drive.

When they arrived back at the business, the victim convinced Bayo that he would be able to get his job back, which led to Bayo returning Friday just before noon, Sheriff Paxton told WSB-TV.

Investigators were waiting for him when he arrived and arrested him.

He faces charges of armed robbery, kidnapping and aggravated assault, Paxton said. He will have a first court appearance early next week.
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Re: $250,000 from an IHOP???

Post by TROOPER »

Wait a minute.... this rocket surgeon actually thought he'd get his job back? Then... he shows up at work again to work a shift, and then gets arrested? This happened? Damnit! I wish they wouldn't lock away the stupid ass people... how can we continue to get amazingly amusing stories if the dumbasses are rotting in prison?
Russian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Russian »

Let's look at it objectively.
1. Bayo thought an IHOP manager had $250,000 in cash handy.
2. Bayo kidnapped his manager in broad daylight using a machete.
3. Bayo had a handgun but chose to throw it away mid-crime.
4. Bayo returned the next day because he believed he had successfully negotiated getting his job back at machete point.

This guy is a complete idiot. This reminds me of that failed bank robbery where the clerk told the robber he needed to fill out a withdrawl slip in order to rob the bank. He complied and was arrested while he was waiting in line. I used to think that guy was the dumbest criminal I had ever heard about. Now I'm thinking he might be the second dumbest.
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

Its not so surprising as there seems to be a fair amount of idiots out there, just look at the frequency of these types of stories lately.
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
MicroGuy
Silent But Deadly

Post by MicroGuy »

What I find funny is he is willing to trade $250,000 for a job busing tables. (or what ever he did there).

Dude, go for the $250K and you won't have to work the rest of the year!
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville
mhuffman
Silent But Deadly

Post by mhuffman »

He looks East African and we know they don't lie nor do they expect that others will. He really thought he was getting his job back. Put him on a boat!
Conqueror
Elite Member

Post by Conqueror »

Well, this is probably why he was working at IHOP to begin with.
[b]Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?[/b]
Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Post by Diomed »

Considering he appears to have hepatitis, I'd rather he not work at IHOP...
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

You guys forget about the guy in Connecticut that called a bank ahead of time and told them to get the money ready? As expected, arrested when they showed up.
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

Here you go, along the same theme of dumb....

-----
Ick