Shoes made by god !!

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Paledaddy
Elite Member

Shoes made by god !!

Post by Paledaddy »

I just have to share this to all gunnuts here 8)

A Few months ago i bought me self a pair of Vibram Five Finger Sprint, awesome shoe for so called bare foot running and wearing at the gym.

Well, i didnt stop there, i bought a pair of "Five finger KSO" (Keep Stuff Out), and what can i say, i LOVE em to bits.
I been wearing this pair for two days straight outdoors now, it's the best feeling ever and it's like having no shoes on at all.

Here come's the picture, i know they look freaky dikee dutch, but you get use to it and starts to like the look after you noticed how comfy they are.

First time you put on a pair it's really strange, sticking your toe's into the pockets and all.
Gona buy my wife a pair, she tell me they are fuggly as hell, but i know that if she put's on a pair she's pretty much hooked.
The KSO's are at about 90 bucks, but here in Sweden they cost more like 160$ :(
There are a special fitting advicory, you need to messure youre for and be sure to get a perfect sizing. If you have a longer morten toe (or what it's called) you out of luck though, that is if you dont modefying a new pair with a lighter and a pair of plyers :D

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/

Have fun bitches.....

Pd
[b]Bas Rutten[/b] [quote]" I'm sorry Sir..... BANG ! BANG ! BANG !... No I'm not. "[/quote]
MicroGuy
Silent But Deadly

Re: Shoes made by god !!

Post by MicroGuy »

I may have to get a pair of those. I've been using a pair of Teva (spider?) river shoes for a while and they've just about had it.

I wonder if REI carries these things?
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

Neat, I will have to check into those.

Interestingly enough it appears as though the manufacturer is pretty sure that the human foot was NOT made by God...
The typical human foot is an anatomical marvel of evolution with 26 bones, 33 joints, 20 muscles, and hundreds of sensory receptors, tendons and ligaments.
-----
Ick
Baboon
Silent But Deadly

Post by Baboon »

Hell I thought this was about that episode of Married with Children were Al talks to god.
Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

They look like absolute ass. I've been seeing them pop up all over the place. You know the whole idea actually started with Nike a long ass time ago. They were trying to engineer a better shoe - a shoe that could enable a person to run faster. The irony is that their in-house study found that simply strengthening the foot itself produced that improvement in speed; and the ideal way to strengthen the foot was most definitely to train WITHOUT shoes. Further more, the heel-to-toe method of running which has been touted for so long as 'the best', has been pushed aside by 'toe running' - which is just running where the ball of your foot strikes before the heel. These particular shoes hit both points in that they mimic 'bare foot' better than an ordinary running shoe, and also because without a thicker heel, they don't encourage the mushy jog that most people do (self included).

But they are ugly as sin.

Unfortunately, I also see a lot of these in the gym. On a treadmill, don't care - good for you. But in the free-weight area? This is a broken foot waiting to happen. There are some exercises that I prefer to use the 100 pound plate, and I haven't used baby dumbells in a long time. I don't drop weights because its damaging and, bluntly, inconsiderate. But that doesn't mean other people don't, and that doesn't mean accidents don't happen.
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

Everyone's feet are different, some have a high arch and others have flat feet and no arch.
A person's foot needs good support in the proper places.
They remind me of reading the history of rubber eons back and how the Indians of SA use to dip their feet into buckets of crude rubber for protection, this is a kind of take off on that, what's old is new again.
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
MicroGuy
Silent But Deadly

Post by MicroGuy »

That was my (second) thought also, wear these in a gym?? No way!! The first thought was also the episode of Married With Children. And you know, they do look a bit similar to those!!!

I'm thinking yard shoe, pool shoe, hiking across a creek kind of shoe, something that replaces what I already do with it.

I'd never consider running in them (I can't run any more anyway) or working out in them.
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville
longbowrecon
Silent Operator

Post by longbowrecon »

I actually own two pairs the wife owns one and my folks have them as well. They are goofy looking but honestly I only wear regular shoes at work, I wear these every where else. After I got out of the army I had lots of foot and knee problems and these solve them as long as I wear them. If you have foot problems etc I definately reccomend them. Its also cool because you can feel the texture of whatever your walking on ie grass wood concrete etc but you don't have to worry about stepping on rocks or glass.
Paledaddy
Elite Member

Post by Paledaddy »

Microguy... Check our Vibrams website and their storelocator.

Taste is diffrent, as Trooper said uggly things :) .
I would love to wear them everywhere, it's fun to see peoples reactions when they look down and see you have a pair of ninja flippers on HEHE..

I will buy a pair of the new Bailika running shoe when they are availeble.

Pd
[b]Bas Rutten[/b] [quote]" I'm sorry Sir..... BANG ! BANG ! BANG !... No I'm not. "[/quote]
longbowrecon
Silent Operator

Post by longbowrecon »

Ill probably pick up some bikilas when they do them in black, right now we can only get the green and grey. Can you guys get the surges still over there? They are impossible to find over here.
Paledaddy
Elite Member

Post by Paledaddy »

longbowrecon wrote:Ill probably pick up some bikilas when they do them in black, right now we can only get the green and grey. Can you guys get the surges still over there? They are impossible to find over here.
Wooow, first time i see the Surge !! Havent heard about it or seen it in any webstore here in Europe, looks like a solid Boot :D

Pd
longbowrecon
Silent Operator

Post by longbowrecon »

Yeah, I wish they still made the surge I guess they where discontinued at the beginning of this year, atleast over here. Id love to have a pair for running around the woods here.
finn
Silent But Deadly

Post by finn »

You wouldn't want a footwear manufacturer to believe that the foot was immaculately conceived. The same evolutionary mechanisms that built the foot are responsible for it's weaknesses. Shoes are designed to pick up where evolution stopped.
ick wrote:Neat, I will have to check into those.

Interestingly enough it appears as though the manufacturer is pretty sure that the human foot was NOT made by God...
The typical human foot is an anatomical marvel of evolution with 26 bones, 33 joints, 20 muscles, and hundreds of sensory receptors, tendons and ligaments.
Arkady
Silent But Deadly

Post by Arkady »

They look like crap... but I haven't worn anything else for a couple of weeks. Black KSOs will definitely attract attention sometimes. It looks like you've got a really, really bad case of frostbite.
BWT
Silent But Deadly

Post by BWT »

Unfortunately, I also see a lot of these in the gym. On a treadmill, don't care - good for you. But in the free-weight area? This is a broken foot waiting to happen. There are some exercises that I prefer to use the 100 pound plate, and I haven't used baby dumbells in a long time. I don't drop weights because its damaging and, bluntly, inconsiderate. But that doesn't mean other people don't, and that doesn't mean accidents don't happen.
Are you also a part of that exclusive 2-3% of gym attendees that actually re-racks weights after using a machine, or bar?

I used to kind of organize things if I was around that area, now I just re-rack the stuff, and I'll reorganize the places I'm using, but that's it.

I realize that people just really don't care.

I've had to help older ladies pull off a half dozen 45 lb plates off of machines more than a dozen times.
TOOL1075
Silent But Deadly

Post by TOOL1075 »

these shoes are great - we're not evolved to wear shoes. we are evolved to be barefoot. But, because you have to wear shoes "no shirt, no shoes, no service, etc" these are a great alternative. they also protect your feet from sharp things.

oh - and I lift heavy, routinely, and if you think athletic shoes protect your feet against falling weights any better than these... well...

these shoes are also excellent for squatting. I would squat barefoot if the gym wouldn't have a hissy-fit.
https://pewscience.com
PEW Science
Professionally Engineered Weaponeering
Paledaddy
Elite Member

Post by Paledaddy »

I have to secound that about the weight room.. F*** , if you drop a 40 Kg dumbell or a 20 Kg weight on a pair of regular shoes your pretty much screwed to :mrgreen:
I just love the traction i get by these, when doing triceps pushdowns i usally move forward after every push down. But now im like glued to the floor and do not need to reposition my self every singel push down.
Squating with em is a dream to, hell everything is a dream in them... I think i will have to try F--k*** with them on to *LOL* :lol:

I love the comment about the black KSO's looking like a pair of feet with major gangreen *hahaha*

BTW, i remember the first time i had them on while on the treadmill waiting fo a buddy. that 8 min slow run made my calves be fucked up for a week, it really is like start learn running all over again.

L8r

Pd
tuckerrnr1
Silent But Deadly

Post by tuckerrnr1 »

[img]http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m264/19283938/kookaid.gif[/img]
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

They need special socks.
Paledaddy
Elite Member

Post by Paledaddy »

rsilvers wrote:They need special socks.
Sure does if you want to have socks that is :D

There are five toe socks called Injini or something thats made for the Five fingers shoes.

Heey Al Bundy has a pair of Surges :D

Pd
goteron
Silent But Deadly

Post by goteron »

I used to run in these a lot, but lately have just stopped wearing shoes altogether. These are great for crossfit and martial arts when doing it outside. Luckily I run on a sidewalk that rarely has rocks so completely barefoot works better for me. They should also help with balance as well. Restoring it to where it should be. Shoes are terrible.
What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can’t satisfy
longbowrecon
Silent Operator

Post by longbowrecon »

Maybe a good side thread would be are suppressor shooters barefoot, I had no idea so many people had these. I've been running in them for a while and I've even got some friends and coworkers enticed. I do agree I think shoes for the most part suck compared to these. I'm not sure I'd go barefoot personally around my place but I can say I would see how that would be cool. A buddy and I were giving geocaching a try the other day and wound up deep in the woods. It was funny seeing him eat s--t on a consistent basis on uneven terrain in normal shoes where as I found the traction and ability to do things like grab roots and dig your individual toes into hills and crevices a real plus. Hes going to REI on payday.
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

People love gimmicks and fads, I recall those shoes with the springs under the heels and soles and watching people walking in them.
I recall a retired fellow who's son from Arizona bought him pair and he had to wear them whenever his son came for a visit, he told me he felt like he was taking his life in his hands, always afraid of falling while wearing them.
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
Libertarian_Geek
Silent But Deadly

Post by Libertarian_Geek »

They look like river shoes as far as I can tell.

When i whitewater kayak (playboat), I wear a pair of Teva's that have the single split-toe (like a ninja sock thingy). It helps to fit into some of the lower volume kayaks (not for the claustrophobic). The rest of the time(creekboating), I wear NRS wetshoes (like boots but made for the water). My personal experience tells me that is that unless you spend years conditioning your feet for wearing thin soled shoes, or you have a special reason to eliminate weight, bulk etc (as in the first case), then stick with shoes that give you more arch support, protection, and cushion.
https://www.facebook.com/DareDefendOurRights
goteron
Silent But Deadly

Post by goteron »

Running barefoot has been the best thing for my feet. THey used to hurt after a long day on my feet. Now running 6-10 miles a week barefoot has solved that. I am not so sold on support and cushion anymore. Give it a shot one day. Google POSE running and try it. The only thing I had to work up to was caluses on my feet. Sometimes they still get a little raw, but you can feel it coming on.
What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can’t satisfy