Can Babies Tell Right From Wrong?

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

Telegraph: Researchers asked infants of various ages to choose between characters which they had seen behaving well or badly, and found they overwhelmingly favored the "good" characters.

http://www.breitbart.tv/can-babies-tell ... rom-wrong/

Inconclusive, watch the hand of the girl holding the dolls, she holds the "good" doll a little more towards the babies.
They need more testing.
Cute babies btw.
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
MicroGuy
Silent But Deadly

Re: Can Babies Tell Right From Wrong?

Post by MicroGuy »

No. Remember Newsweek or Time has declared at least white babies to be racists, so they must not be able to tell right from wrong. Like global warming, case closed, debate/discussion no longer needed, settled science.
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

Considering that a good 90% of the decisions we make today weren't made 5000 years ago at all, I'd have to say they don't have morals from birth. I mean, not many, right? We probably don't want to kill each other, but theft and drugs and such are new "bads".
Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Post by Diomed »

Twinsen wrote:We probably don't want to kill each other, but theft and drugs and such are new "bads".
I don't think they're that new. Theft isn't. Drugs, sure, but then again are they objectively "bad"? Plus man has been looking for ways to numb the pain of existence since civilization began - note all the things he smokes, chews, and brews.