Bloomberg's Gun Policy: Do as I say, not as I do.

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

700PSS
Elite Member

Bloomberg's Gun Policy: Do as I say, not as I do.

Post by 700PSS »

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/26/nyreg ... erg&st=cse
The mayor also takes along a police detail when he travels, flying two officers on his private plane and paying as much as $400 a night to put them up at a hotel near his house; the city pays their wages while they are there, as it does whether Mr. Bloomberg is New York or not. Guns are largely forbidden in Bermuda — even most police officers do not use them — but the mayor’s guards have special permission to carry weapons. A spokesman for the Police Department declined to comment.
smcharchan
Silent But Deadly

Re: Bloomberg's Gun Policy: Do as I say, not as I do.

Post by smcharchan »

Great find.

That article provides a tremendous amount of perspective into the lives of what has become the corrupt wealthy = political class.

Men like this are happy to use the resources we provide to support their lavish lifestyles while remaining untouched by the laws that they make to control us. More clearly - they are using what we willfully provide to them (money, trust, authority) to defeat us.

Make no mistake; I am all for man enjoying the fruits of his labor to the fullest moral extent. A man who makes millions by exercising his mind and his muscle more than others should be revered and deserves to enjoy the lifestyle he created through his efforts. Conversely, a man who lives as an elitist hypocrite and a manipulative political playboy while obliterating the lives of his constituency is the worst kind of scoundrel.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Do as I say, not as I do.
The entire premise of this post is incorrect.

The mayor would have no problem with you paying police officers to provide you security, so why criticize him for doing just that?
bikefreek
Silent But Deadly

Post by bikefreek »

silencertalk wrote:

The mayor would have no problem with you paying police officers to provide you security, so why criticize him for doing just that?
I think the point is if we dont need to use guns in any capacity to protect ourselves why does he.
ThePatriot
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThePatriot »

bikefreek wrote:
silencertalk wrote:

I think the point is if we dont need to use guns in any capacity to protect ourselves why does he.
Also we can't have police officers protect us everywhere we go.
"With a girl, there's a lot left in the girl's body without a head. Of course, the personality is gone."

-Edmund Kemper
bikefreek
Silent But Deadly

Post by bikefreek »

and just because the mayor isnt holding the guns or shooting them doesnt mean he isnt using them for protection. Hes still using them he just pays other people to be responsible for them
mudshark
Silent But Deadly

Post by mudshark »

I don't see what all the fuss is about. I possess things I'm not supposed to, often in places I'm not allowed to. But it's no big deal, I'm not a crimminal or anything. Those laws are for stopping bad people, not me. I just want to be able to protect myself. And since I have the resources and means to do that, I do.

Sarcasm or not? :wink:
Mitt Romney is a gun banning RINO.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

O.K. For Robert's benefit:

Much like Rosie "O'Hippocrite", Bloomberg's viewpoint is: "You lowly commoners don't need guns for protection. Me, well neither do I. P.S.: I have full-time, armed protection. See?"