Do ghosts exist?

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Do ghosts exist?

Yes
48%
No
52%

Total votes: 44

silencertalk
Site Admin

Re: Do ghosts exist?

Post by silencertalk »

So you see something, and the most likely explanation is that it is the spirit of a dead person?
bikefreek
Silent But Deadly

Post by bikefreek »

JimmyB wrote:Hush

The story is a long with many strange occurrences. If you want I can do the whole thing and PM it to you
It will be a long read, details cannot be ignored as I have no idea what is pivotal

To answer your question about whether or not it was a classical sighting or not.
The answer is a resounding NO

The ghost we saw was crossing over with no intention coming back or maybe no ability of returning

I’ll give a few details;

She was walking with her arms held high. Not straight up but at 45 degrees
Her hands were waving as if she was glad/happy to see what was on the other side

Her face was lit-up as if she were walking into a bright light
Her hair was blowing back as though she was walking into the wind
I could vividly see her feet as she was walking. She would put heel down first and roll her toes one at a time to contact the pavement. The little toe was first with second toe contacting next. Then the third toe
All the way to the big toe

The left foot moved precisely in the same way as the right

All of her features were perfectly normal except for her mouth and pupils

Her mouth was not human or at least a distortion of normal. It was the strangest grin/smile/horrific looking thing I’ve ever seen. It was much to wide, about 4 inches. There was no radius in her bite. Two straight sets of teeth

Her teeth were all identical in shape and size with precisely 1/16 of an inch gap between every tooth
Top teeth were identical to lower teeth is shape, size and gap. The top row mated edge to edge with lower set. There was no gap between top set and bottom set

The pupils(not iris) of her eyes were empty voids into another reality. They weren’t just black, although they were. They were more like portals.
When I was 300-400 yards away, I could still see her pupils. Not just a little but they were still strikingly apparent

Not one letter of one word is an exaggeration or something not vividly remembered
The event happened in 1987

Like I had said there are more details such as the feet, mouth, hair, eyes, etc..
All remembered with clarity and precision
I don’t remember what I had for breakfast this morning and couldn’t see what was wrong with the first wife when that should have been obvious as hell

How could I see and remember so much?
you must have amazing vision to see those details at 300-400 yrds away...that alone should tell you maybe you didnt ACTUALLY see it
JimmyB
Silent Operator

Post by JimmyB »

silencertalk

Not even close

We thought the girl was real and didn’t know what she was doing. I drove Kathy and Clay home directly after the event. Kathy was starting to freak out.

After they were home
We were talking about what we had seen. The mouth, toes, eyes and a few other things

It started appearing more and more strange. The detail was of the sighting was beyond comprehension

I drove back to the area and all the distances were impossible. They were much to short. Also the time line could have never happened. The area was too small
It was as though time and distance were distorted

The missing girl news came a day later but she was already dead. The body was found a week later
The girls name was in the paper after Kathy had told me about the 'voice' telling her "Delrin is dead but she will be alright"
Last edited by JimmyB on Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JimmyB
Silent Operator

Post by JimmyB »

bikefreek

The girl was right beside my truck. I passed beside her. I could still see her eyes in my rearview mirror at 300 yards just as well at several feet
When I went past her, I could see here as clearly as you can see your hand in front of your face. Nothing ever obscured her when many things should have
There was traffic and even a semi behind me. Nothing got in the way

Like I had said, there are many other things that went on at that event. I have only written a few things. It gets more weird
A lot of things happened that day. I have never told the whole story to anyone because of a few details that happened after the sighting.
JimmyB
Silent Operator

Post by JimmyB »

The story really involved two dead girls and a baby was born that day that was related to this mess
The first girl related to the story had just been killed that morning in a traffic accident
The Delrin name was the missing girl that was already dead as well

Like I had said. There is a lot more to the story. Even another ghost dressed in late 1800’s or early 1900’s clothing in the Delrin murder

It's a long story and it's never been told
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

Hush
When you saw the bright light is was real. I saw its reflection/effects in her face and hair. It’s a light of power and not just illumination
Hm, I find this interesting.

Post subject: Re: Do ghosts exist? Reply with quote
Not even close

We thought the girl was real and didn’t know what she was doing. I drove Kathy and Clay home directly after the event. Kathy was starting to freak out.

After they were home
We were talking about what we had seen. The mouth, toes, eyes and a few other things

It started appearing more and more strange. The detail was of the sighting was beyond comprehension

I drove back to the area and all the distances were impossible. They were much to short. Also the time line could have never happened. The area was too small
It was as though time and distance were distorted
That's about the only conclusion one could draw.

You should type the full story out on paper or a CD so that you can copy it at will to the pc when needed, have all witnesses sign it.
I notice the poll is close to even now and I'm sure your story is helping it along, people are interested.
You should print the story out in one full unbroken post so we have full continuity.
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
PTK
Silent But Deadly

Post by PTK »

Even a fantastically high tech time traveler simply screwing with you is, scientifically speaking, more likely than a ghost. As Silvers said, you see something unexplainable and jump to the "ghost" conclusion. :?
RIP Dave. You will be missed.
watcher
Senior Silent Operator

Post by watcher »

I was bought up in Europe so we probably had more material for the ghostly events.

Two fairly routine events, one (solo) involving my Grandmother who had recently died in the room I was in, the other a group experience involving the recently deceased Grandmother of another family also.

The odd one was on a walk beside some still deep water just as the Sun was going down and the trout were leaving ripples on the water as they were feeding. A golden glow started below the water surface. A golden roundish shape came above the water like a balloon floating on the water but it made no ripples. The shape was very indistinct but it appeared to have the hazy features of a head. Then it faded and disappeared. I was staying in a city in an old hotel. When I told the owner what had happened she just gave me a long steady look and then changed the subject. I am sure she knew exactly what I was talking about.
JimmyB
Silent Operator

Post by JimmyB »

People here still don’t get it. This is a long story that involved many people and directly related events
There was NO ONE EVENT

Ten minutes before the ghost sighting we had been at a place that had seen multiple murders
None of us knew this at the time

The day after the event I was at work and had a new partner. I started telling him about it. He was strange and disconnected. Come to find out his mother was a Mortician and his father had died at an early age
I think he was also a Mortician. This guy grew up in a funeral home
I creeped me out and I never finished the story. The Delrin girl was dead but listed as missing. Her body was not found for a week

The second day I tried telling the story another guy(Joe). He stopped me right at the beginning and said ”I know that place”. I was there one day and a biker looking guy came up to me and said “I’m sorry but you guys are in the wrong place at the wrong time”
If you lay on the floor you won’t be hurt but you can‘t leave.
A shotgun battle ensued
Joe’s dad died at an early age as well so I had to endure another day of death talk

That was my last try at the story but there was another week of events to go

As far as I know, I’m the only one that knows the entire story
bikefreek
Silent But Deadly

Post by bikefreek »

JimmyB wrote:People here still don’t get it. This is a long story that involved many people and directly related events
There was NO ONE EVENT

Ten minutes before the ghost sighting we had been at a place that had seen multiple murders
None of us knew this at the time

The day after the event I was at work and had a new partner. I started telling him about it. He was strange and disconnected. Come to find out his mother was a Mortician and his father had died at an early age
I think he was also a Mortician. This guy grew up in a funeral home
I creeped me out and I never finished the story. The Delrin girl was dead but listed as missing. Her body was not found for a week

The second day I tried telling the story another guy(Joe). He stopped me right at the beginning and said ”I know that place”. I was there one day and a biker looking guy came up to me and said “I’m sorry but you guys are in the wrong place at the wrong time”
If you lay on the floor you won’t be hurt but you can‘t leave.
A shotgun battle ensued
Joe’s dad died at an early age as well so I had to endure another day of death talk

That was my last try at the story but there was another week of events to go

As far as I know, I’m the only one that knows the entire story
OK im sober but i have no idea WTF you are talking about now.
bikefreek
Silent But Deadly

Post by bikefreek »

JimmyB wrote:bikefreek

The girl was right beside my truck. I passed beside her. I could still see her eyes in my rearview mirror at 300 yards just as well at several feet
When I went past her, I could see here as clearly as you can see your hand in front of your face. Nothing ever obscured her when many things should have
There was traffic and even a semi behind me. Nothing got in the way

Like I had said, there are many other things that went on at that event. I have only written a few things. It gets more weird
A lot of things happened that day. I have never told the whole story to anyone because of a few details that happened after the sighting.
so not only were you able to see her eyes clearly at 300yrds...but you could see them clearly through a mirror
JimmyB
Silent Operator

Post by JimmyB »

bikefreek

Exactly, I could still see her pupils at 300 yards in a rearview mirror. She was still walking into the light and waving her hands as if she knew people there
Her pupils were a blackness beyond reality. They were portals where distance doesn’t have any meaning

The time line of the event was exactly the same as the pupils in that time was no longer “normal”

And the other part was just to state that we had just left a place of multiple murders
The Mortician’s son was un-nerving and his partner that had been there during the shotgun battle
I never told anyone the story after that. It wasn’t completed yet. There was more to come

I’m somewhat surprised no one has said anything about the mouth and teeth. They were not human
Her mouth and teeth was some bizarre abstract
Every other aspect of her. I could see every muscle in her legs come in to play as she took a every step
It was as if everything was in slow motion but it was not slow motion. When I passed by her there were no obstructions such as Clay or Kathy’s head or other automobiles
I saw her as plainly as someone standing 4 feet in front of me
Time, distance and the reality of my surroundings were ‘put on hold’
bikefreek
Silent But Deadly

Post by bikefreek »

JimmyB wrote:bikefreek

Exactly, I could still see her pupils at 300 yards in a rearview mirror. She was still walking into the light and waving her hands as if she knew people there
Her pupils were a blackness beyond reality. They were portals where distance doesn’t have any meaning

The time line of the event was exactly the same as the pupils in that time was no longer “normal”

And the other part was just to state that we had just left a place of multiple murders
The Mortician’s son was un-nerving and his partner that had been there during the shotgun battle
I never told anyone the story after that. It wasn’t completed yet. There was more to come

I’m somewhat surprised no one has said anything about the mouth and teeth. They were not human
Her mouth and teeth was some bizarre abstract
Every other aspect of her. I could see every muscle in her legs come in to play as she took a every step
It was as if everything was in slow motion but it was not slow motion. When I passed by her there were no obstructions such as Clay or Kathy’s head or other automobiles
I saw her as plainly as someone standing 4 feet in front of me
Time, distance and the reality of my surroundings were ‘put on hold’
so if all of your perceptions were somehow in an altered state....what makes you think any of what you saw was real?
alleycat72
Silent But Deadly

Post by alleycat72 »

I saw a ghost once. I shot it. Didn't work :D
www.1050fps.com
http://www.outlawstatebullets.com/
Dweezil
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dweezil »

Ghosts are just just as real as God, the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. They may be real but I have yet to meet them. Since humans are conscious, sentient beings, I have to wonder what happens to that consciousness when we die. Does the law of conservation of mass and energy apply in this case? It does, in the physical sense, as our decomposing carcasses eventually contribute to other life....so what happens to that sentient energy? I don't know. I DO believe that the world is full of many things I have yet to experience, so plan to keep my eyes...and my mind open. Might actually learn something. Essential curiosity is central to the scientific process. I have been in situations where I have had an "awareness" for want of a better term, that had no basis in linear logic, that I needed to stop what I was doing...immediately...and this awareness was felt simultaneously, in almost a tangible way by others. I don't know what it was...perhaps our primitive instincts were aware of something that we couldn't yet explain logically. I don't know. But I have learned the hard way that ignoring those instincts is not good.
"I'm from the government...I'm here to help."
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

Here you go, take the tour of a haunted town and homes and "see" the ghosts.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/119559/americ ... unted-town
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.