Abortion is better for unplanned babies than having to eat R

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

zeezee
Silent But Deadly

Abortion is better for unplanned babies than having to eat R

Post by zeezee »

Most macabre abortion defense of the night so far: Just a little while ago on the floor (at approx. 9:05pm Eastern), Wisconsin Democrat Rep. Gwen Moore argued that abortion was better for unplanned babies than a life “eating Ramen noodles” or “mayonnaise sandwiches.”

http://michellemalkin.com/2011/02/17/de ... n-noodles/

Just as long as someone else has to die for me to live the good life, I's don't care. PUKE!!!
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." Samuel Adams
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Re: Abortion is better for unplanned babies than having to e

Post by doubloon »

It's a choice and as long as I don't have to pay for the abortion I'm OK with whatever decision the would be parent decides to make.

If they want to abort for monetary reasons that's fine with me. Maybe they just want to backpack around Europe for the summer and don't want to be saddled with a baby on the trip, that's OK too.

As long as my taxes don't pay for it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Enno

Post by Enno »

doubloon wrote:It's a choice and as long as I don't have to pay for the abortion I'm OK with whatever decision the would be parent decides to make.

If they want to abort for monetary reasons that's fine with me. Maybe they just want to backpack around Europe for the summer and don't want to be saddled with a baby on the trip, that's OK too.

So what if 4 years later the parents (who decided to keep the kid) decided to beat and rape the kid.... Are you okay with that?

Enno
libertyman777
Silent But Deadly

Post by libertyman777 »

Abortion is murder, period.
Remember............ You're Special, Unique, One of a Kind.............Just like everyone else.................
goteron
Silent But Deadly

Post by goteron »

Amen.
What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can’t satisfy
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

Well said LM.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

libertyman777 wrote:Abortion is murder, period.
Quoted for truth.
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

Enno wrote:
doubloon wrote:It's a choice and as long as I don't have to pay for the abortion I'm OK with whatever decision the would be parent decides to make.

So what if 4 years later the parents (who decided to keep the kid) decided to beat and rape the kid.... Are you okay with that?

Enno
Escalation to absurdity but I'll bite anyway. How is beat and rape equivalent to abortion?

Did the 4 year old commit a treason, murder or a rape? It would be OK with me then to end the life of the kid, torture is reserved for special enemies.

Birth certificates record the time a fetus exits the womb for a reason. It's not a life until it can breathe, eat and poop outside the womb without artificial support.
alleycat72
Silent But Deadly

Post by alleycat72 »

Enno wrote:

Enno

You could be beat and raped tomorrow. Are you considering suicide today?
www.1050fps.com
http://www.outlawstatebullets.com/
libertyman777
Silent But Deadly

Post by libertyman777 »

doubloon wrote:
Birth certificates record the time a fetus exits the womb for a reason. It's not a life until it can breathe, eat and poop outside the womb without artificial support.
Lot's of folks in nursing homes, hospitals and wheelchairs that can't meet this requirement.

Lot's of people in jail right now for two count of murder/manslaughter for killing a pregnant woman.

The argument is not without merit and our country is clearly divided on the issue. As time goes on and medical science improves, there is more and more evidence supporting the feelings of pain by an unborn child, very early in development. It is a very painful death.

Are there people that should not be procreating? Yes. Are there more that should be giving their children up for adoption? Yes.

I was watching TV the other day and the discussion turned to a woman that was the product of a rape. She was very grateful that her mother chose to allow her to live. That's a personal decision and I judge no one. But abortion for birth control is wrong.

I believe it was Ronald Reagan who said something along these lines, "I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born."

I'm not trying to bash, be judgemental or condescending. I'm just saying that if we must err, let's err on the side of life.
Remember............ You're Special, Unique, One of a Kind.............Just like everyone else.................
ctdonath
Silent But Deadly

Post by ctdonath »

The choice was making the kid in the first place.
Don't want a child? Don't make one.

Abortion = murder.
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

Enno wrote:

Enno
If they beat and raped the kid without using tax dollars. lol.

You don't know how to argue. "But, but, but... he could be the next Michelangelo!"
Conversely; "I must abort this kid... he could be the next Hitler!"

It's missing the point in a big way. Either its wrong, or its not wrong. But its not wrong because of what *could* happen. Like that is a relevant point anyway? The scope of this discussion is the absurdity of using tax dollars for abortion. It is a political discussion, not a moral one.

That said; legally, the child isn't an individual until its born. Like it, love it, hate it, disagree with it... that's the law. Which means that legally it isn't a murder.

Next point. Using tax dollars for optional procedures? Easily preventable procedures? Looking at it legally, this is no different than funding poor people's nose jobs, liposuctions, or gold teeth implants. Its an optional procedure.

The only reason I would hesitate to raise a hand in protest is because right now, tax dollars that fund abortions are funding it on humans - not really citizens. Sponges on society, parasites, leeches. Or look at it this way; if I found a cockroach in my kitchen who was trying to abort its young, I'd help it.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

libertyman777 wrote:
doubloon wrote:Birth certificates record the time a fetus exits the womb for a reason. It's not a life until it can breathe, eat and poop outside the womb without artificial support.
Lot's of folks in nursing homes, hospitals and wheelchairs that can't meet this requirement.
They should have the choice of assisted suicide if they can pay for it, I'm even OK with it being offered as part of their paid for medical coverage. We show more mercy to our decrepit and infirm pets than people.
libertyman777 wrote:Lot's of people in jail right now for two count of murder/manslaughter for killing a pregnant woman.
I think it's only one count, citation please.
But either way ... Off with their heads!

I agree that if one should err' then one should err' on the side of life but to even turn such a phrase implies a choice because if there is no choice that can be no error.

Also, I never said I would choose or even recommend abortion but I sure as hell believe it should be a individual choice and not a legislated moral code. The whole abortion good/bad thing isn't at the core of my concerns, it's individual freedom that's at stake.
TROOPER wrote:...
It's missing the point in a big way. Either its wrong, or its not wrong. But its not wrong because of what *could* happen. Like that is a relevant point anyway? The scope of this discussion is the absurdity of using tax dollars for abortion. It is a political discussion, not a moral one.

That said; legally, the child isn't an individual until its born. Like it, love it, hate it, disagree with it... that's the law. Which means that legally it isn't a murder.

Next point. Using tax dollars for optional procedures? Easily preventable procedures? Looking at it legally, this is no different than funding poor people's nose jobs, liposuctions, or gold teeth implants. Its an optional procedure.

The only reason I would hesitate to raise a hand in protest is because right now, tax dollars that fund abortions are funding it on humans - not really citizens. Sponges on society, parasites, leeches. Or look at it this way; if I found a cockroach in my kitchen who was trying to abort its young, I'd help it.
Precisely, except for maybe that human/citizen distinction but I'd need to explore the details of implementation on that distinction a bit more before I could commit to agreeing or disagreeing.
smcharchan
Silent But Deadly

Post by smcharchan »

I actually watched most of the video. The really amazing thing is that a virtually illiterate elected official can spew a bunch of non sequitur BS and wholeheartedly believe that she is arguing in favor of her stance on the subject.

It's no wonder why our country is in the crapper.
goteron
Silent But Deadly

Post by goteron »

How is it a womans choice when she isn't ending her life, but the life of another?

I doubt there would be many abortions if the mother had to end her life too.

Legally it's not murder. But we complain about a lot of laws that are less important, being "unconstitutional"

You are depriving that baby life, liberty, and the pursuit of anything.
libertyman777
Silent But Deadly

Post by libertyman777 »

TROOPER wrote:
Well you may be correct in 15 states but the other 35 have this law on the books>

http://www.nrlc.org/Unborn_victims/Stat ... 92302.html

Which brings to bear the unsustainable nature of this argument, i.e. if the mother wants to terminate the pregnancy then it's okay to kill the baby, but if she wants to keep the child and someone kills that child before it's born, then it's a crime.

A woman has the right to choose what she does with her body until it involves another person. She can no more play God than you or I.
libertyman777
Silent But Deadly

Post by libertyman777 »

doubloon wrote:it's individual freedom that's at stake.
Correct. And everyone involved should have access to that freedom.

I don't believe that abortion as a medical procedure should be stricken from medical practice. If a woman is raped, a girl abused or if the life of the mother is in danger, I do not think that they should be denied that choice as long as all the information is made available to the mother.

Abortion for convenience should be illegal.
Tyris
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tyris »

Abortion = Cost Savings Measure for tax payers.

Everyone on welfare should be encouraged to scoop out their fetus and toss it in the toilet.

-T
zeezee
Silent But Deadly

Post by zeezee »

libertyman777 wrote:
doubloon wrote:it's individual freedom that's at stake.
Correct. And everyone involved should have access to that freedom.

I don't believe that abortion as a medical procedure should be stricken from medical practice. If a woman is raped, a girl abused or if the life of the mother is in danger, I do not think that they should be denied that choice as long as all the information is made available to the mother.

Abortion for convenience should be illegal.
This has been the argument of the left the whole way but it isn't based on reality. If a woman is raped, a girl abused or the unborn child is a health risk to the mother, than yes abortion should be an option. But having said that I would expect a police report if a woman cries rape demanding an abortion.

I also like how someone mentioned that killing a pregnant woman is in effect killing two people. And as far as when a child actually becomes a human . . . My vote is from conception. How can it be otherwise?
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." Samuel Adams
goteron
Silent But Deadly

Post by goteron »

Does anyone really believe that abortion saves taxpayers money.

Those that spend our money will find a way to spend every last penny, and then some regardless of what is going on.

If there is money, it will be spent. Do you think that we would have a big US of A savings account if there were no welfare? Please.
Tyris
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tyris »

goteron wrote:Does anyone really believe that abortion saves taxpayers money.

Those that spend our money will find a way to spend every last penny, and then some regardless of what is going on.

If there is money, it will be spent. Do you think that we would have a big US of A savings account if there were no welfare? Please.
Yes, but is it better spent on roads and infrastructure, or some crack head for life?

-T
goteron
Silent But Deadly

Post by goteron »

Again, when is that money ever spent on something better?

We see the same things now. There are a lot of "cost savings" and where does the money go? Pet projects? Some other equally as ridiculous "hope" project.

Abortion is not, never was, and should never be about money, it's a poor argument. Abortion is the most gruesome realization of what America is turning into. Convenience.

Fast food = obesity = convenience
Abortion = no responsibility = convenience

Convenience is nice, it also makes us weak, lazy, and murderers.

Convenience has always been a motive for murder, theft, and a slew of other morally reprehensible actions.

Is it convenient for me to bypass brushing my teeth, sure, will they eventually rot and fall out? Probably.

Loss of our freedoms? Because it's more convenient for people to do nothing than sacrifice a little time to save it.

There is no getting better from here. People don't go from convenience to sacrifice.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Hey, I just ate Ramen noodles.

It is pretty clear that abortion is murder. The only question is if it is justifiable homicide.
PTK
Silent But Deadly

Post by PTK »

Tyris wrote:Abortion = Cost Savings Measure for tax payers.

Everyone on welfare should be encouraged to scoop out their fetus and toss it in the toilet.

-T

Tyris, you're not being clear. Could you please elaborate your position? :lol:
RIP Dave. You will be missed.
goteron
Silent But Deadly

Post by goteron »

Is there a single person on this board that trusts the gov with our tax
Dollars? Let alone to do the right thing?

What about this argument.

Most of what the government does is wrong
The government is for abortion.

Therefore abortion must be wrong (or is probably wrong if you think the gov is only wrong most of the time)

And can "murder" be justifiable? Maybe justifiable homicide, but murder is murder.
Last edited by goteron on Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.