Thank you war on drugs...

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

silencertalk
Site Admin

Thank you war on drugs...

Post by silencertalk »

I have a cold and went to Walmart to buy nasal decongestant. It was not on the shelves, but there were cards "Due to the govt restrictions on Pseudoephedrine, please take this card to the pharmacist to get this product." Well, of course the pharmacy was closed. So I bought a product containing Phenylephrine HCI 10mg.

It just does not work.

So I looked up Phenylephrine HCI on Wikipedia and it says "there are recent claims that oral phenylephrine may be no more effective as a decongestant than a placebo." Well I buy that. It did not work at all.

So I cannot buy effective drugs because someone else made Meth? I don't want my life restricted one ounce because of what someone else does.
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Re: Thank you war on drugs...

Post by chrismartin »

Just wait until you get to the counter and BUY the psuedophedrine. You pretty much have to sign over your first born and you are limited to how much you may buy during a given time period. If one is single and has a cold for more than 5days you are screwed or if you have a family with kids that are sick.

It is so bad in VA that Costco stopped carrying the generic pseudo. It was like $1 for 24 tablets. They said they had to drop it because they could not track it properly, but you can still get the name brand for like $7 or something. I think they dropped it because it was too cheap.

Stupid government bullshit.

Also, other drugs that contained pseudo are now different. Notice that nyquil is different and doesn't work unless you get the behind the counter version. I usually get the crap version and take a pseudo tablet with it to get the original effects. They also stopped using their old slogan too.
Last edited by chrismartin on Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

Can't agree with you more.

The whole thing is a crock and it gets my blood pressure up just to even think about it so thanks for the post to remind me. :evil:

The irony here is I think the war on drugs will eventually kill more honest hard working Americans than crack heads.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Crosshair
Silent But Deadly

Post by Crosshair »

Well it's doing a good job at it's original purpose, locking up minorities. :roll:

# Incarceration rate per 100,000 Black males in South Africa under apartheid (1993): 851
# Incarceration rate per 100,000 African-American males in the United States under George W. Bush (2001): 4,848. :shock:

Then add the fact that Whites do drugs just as much as Blacks do and things start looking really bad for the US. Ever wonder why nobody takes us seriously when we criticize another countries human rights record?
"I'm not afraid of dying. I's HOW I die that I'm concerned about." - Crosshair

"Beware the man with one gun. He probably doesn't know how to use it."
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I don't know if white people get caught doing drugs as often or not. I see that as more direct a factor than what percentage does drugs.
Glock35
Silent But Deadly

Post by Glock35 »

recently bought benadryl & nyquil for a sick friend upon request & got carded at checkout. I thought it was for my credit card until they stated why. Just dumb founding.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

Yep, you're in the system now ... the DEA is tracking you because you had a stuffy nose.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

It was on sale and I could not even stock up.
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Selectedmarksman »

In my State, they are trying to pass a law that would require you to get a doctor's prescription for such cold medicines. It's insane.
I've got Honey Badger Fever.
*Add this to your sig if you've got the fever, too!
solitary.phoenix
Silent But Deadly

Post by solitary.phoenix »

Durr...
Last edited by solitary.phoenix on Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcinfantry
Silent But Deadly

Post by mcinfantry »

Crosshair wrote:Well it's doing a good job at it's original purpose, locking up minorities. :roll:

# Incarceration rate per 100,000 Black males in South Africa under apartheid (1993): 851
# Incarceration rate per 100,000 African-American males in the United States under George W. Bush (2001): 4,848. :shock:

Then add the fact that Whites do drugs just as much as Blacks do and things start looking really bad for the US. Ever wonder why nobody takes us seriously when we criticize another countries human rights record?
Is there any way you could help me figure out the inequalities of racial incarceration? I see your city is about TWO percent black. So thats what 1500 men, women and children? I'll give you this your statement was 100% accurate. As many whites do drugs in grand forks as blacks.

I'll bet at least TWICE as many whites do drugs there.
jdj
Elite Member

Post by jdj »

silencertalk wrote: So I cannot buy effective drugs because someone else made Meth? I don't want my life restricted one ounce because of what someone else does.
If you understand this principle of freedom, it's only a short step to understanding that the government by it's very nature is doing this at all times. With threat of violence (arrest), you are forced (extorted) without consent into paying taxes for things you may not want, or may disagree with. I don't want my money to be stolen to pay for (Wars, foreign aid, schools, roads, mail), etc. etc. I'd rather people pay for these things voluntarily if their worthwhile via market forces.
"I regard virginity as a correctible perversity of no interest" - Lazarus Long (Time Enough for Love), Robert A. Heinlein
solitary.phoenix
Silent But Deadly

Crosshair wrote:Well it's doing a good job at it's original purpose, locking up minorities. :roll:

As I have said before, racism is filthy stuff. It exists against blacks, whites, asians, etc. Blacks have suffered terribly, but whites and other races are suffering in their own way. The world is a messed up place. Take a look at the statistics of crime comitted by blacks against whites. I've read that blacks kill twice as many whites as the reverse and that black men are 30% more likely to rape white women than white men are to rape black women.

The problem for whites today is that they will, no matter what they do, always be seen as "responsible" for victimizing blacks- which hides the fact that racism can and does in fact exist against whites. In the eyes of many we will ALWAYS be the bad guy, we will always be "less" equal to blacks because of things done to blacks by whites many years ago. And where is the outcry over the outright genocide against whites in Africa? You don't hear anything about it over here. It's an inconvenient truth- that blacks can do things to hurt whites. It isn't "supposed" to be the other way around. The media portrays strong, alpha black men as being the suitable partner for white women- but you rarely see it in reverse. This kind of brainwashing is racism and I consider it to be subtle, influential propaganda. Almost a type of Eugenics.

I believe in treating everyone equally. I don't like the filthy things I've heard people say about asian men more than I do the filthy stereotypes perpetrated against white men. I cannot stand to see whites treat blacks as inferiors or do things to stereotype them either.

Human equality.
rat_dogratty
Silent But Deadly

Post by rat_dogratty »

Arkansas is trying to make it Prescription only also. This sucks. We have a HUGE meth problem, but we already have to take the little card to the pharmacist etc. Apparently the current laws aren't effective. They need to give them some teeth(the laws not the tweekers) or talk to some pharmacists and cops that know how to put a stop to it.

I have health insurance (HSA), but it sucks and is only good for a catastrophic event. I can't afford to go to the damn doctor for a cold.
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Selectedmarksman »

Since we're starting to throw around numbers and statistics, I'll just leave this right here...

I've got Honey Badger Fever.
*Add this to your sig if you've got the fever, too!
solitary.phoenix
Silent But Deadly

Department of Justice, Criminal Victimization in the United States; 1987.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

jdj wrote:
silencertalk wrote: So I cannot buy effective drugs because someone else made Meth? I don't want my life restricted one ounce because of what someone else does.
If you understand this principle of freedom, it's only a short step to understanding that the government by it's very nature is doing this at all times. With threat of violence (arrest), you are forced (extorted) without consent into paying taxes for things you may not want, or may disagree with. I don't want my money to be stolen to pay for (Wars, foreign aid, schools, roads, mail), etc. etc. I'd rather people pay for these things voluntarily if their worthwhile via market forces.
We live in a country where you can vote in people who have the power to reduce taxes.

Same with drugs. The fact is, most of your fellow citizens support the war on drugs and prostitution being illegal.

How can the govt tell a woman that she cannot legally earn money selling sex when it may be the only marketable asset she has?
mcinfantry
Silent But Deadly

Post by mcinfantry »

The same country if you marry 3 women its a felony and gets you on the FBI most wanted list, but if you only live with them you get a TV show.
mudshark
Silent But Deadly

Post by mudshark »

What is the inceration rate in SA now? Let's compare apples to apples here. Because with the end of Aparteid and the emergence of black majority governance, crime rates in SA have soared, and I don't think there are enough white-skinned SA's to acount for the increase in crime! So it must be coming from somewhere else... Hmmmm...

What is the incarceration rate here under Obama? Because unless it's drastically lower than it was under Bush, it means that our "beloved" black President must also be a racist, too. I'm not defending Bush, but name-dropping him everytime someone wants to emphasize negativity only makes you sound like an idiot.

There are a multitude of reasons, past and present, that blacks commit more crimes as a percentage of population and are incarcerated more often for those crimes than whites (or asians, or latinos, ect...).

The destruction of the black family by the welfare state, leaving generations of black children without fathers in the home.

An urban thug culture which glorifies violence, crimminal activity, abuse of women and self destructive behavior is the popular male role model for young black men today.

Education is viewed among many blacks as "acting white". Disagree if you want, I see this. Weekly.

Precendent for blaming all your problems on "The Man". Because 40-50 years ago, it was The Man's fault. And 150 years ago, The Man owned you.... It's hard to let go of that. Maybe 150 years from now.... Maybe.

The racism of low expectations by modern culture. Which brings us things like afirmative action and quotas, because, "you know, those black people just aren't smart enough to survive on their own, so we enlightened liberal white people must help them". If no one asks much of you, you'll be sure to deliver it....

But it's easier to just say Bush's fault..... :roll:
Mitt Romney is a gun banning RINO.
solitary.phoenix
Silent But Deadly

mudshark wrote:The racism of low expectations by modern culture. Which brings us things like afirmative action and quotas, because, "you know, those black people just aren't smart enough to survive on their own, so we enlightened liberal white people must help them". If no one asks much of you, you'll be sure to deliver it....
I agree with this. I feel sorry for black families who trust liberal whites to have their best interests at heart. They let them piss on them and claim it's raining.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

mcinfantry wrote:The same country if you marry 3 women its a felony and gets you on the FBI most wanted list, but if you only live with them you get a TV show.
Very odd that you cannot have two wives. The same govt who enforces this moral code will allow homosexual marriage. Perhaps the govt should allow both.
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

I didn't appreciate it before but apparently that meth stuff is quite flamable.

It seems there are an increasing number of cases where these meth labs are leading to fires... which lead to claims for fire damage to rentals, homes, storage units, garages, etc.

So every time you pay your insurance there is something we are all paying for in our premium... .we just don't realize it.
-----
Ick
PTK
Silent But Deadly

Post by PTK »

Just go buy some cocaine. It's easier to get than Sudafed, these days. :shock:
RIP Dave. You will be missed.
solitary.phoenix
Silent But Deadly

silencertalk wrote:
mcinfantry wrote:The same country if you marry 3 women its a felony and gets you on the FBI most wanted list, but if you only live with them you get a TV show.
Very odd that you cannot have two wives. The same govt who enforces this moral code will allow homosexual marriage. Perhaps the govt should allow both.
This is what I've been saying. Polygamy is federally tolerated under "informal" marriage circumstances...basically, live in marriages. This is how many Muslims do it here, when they immigrate from areas that encourage the practice. Private religious ceremony, no civil ceremony. I see where there could be complications in estate distribution, alimony payment, marital discord, etc...but this is a "civil" right. As long as you can pay for them and they're willing adult participants to the marriage, why not? Add to it that there are different types of plural marriages- polygyny is what we're most familiar with, where many women marry one man. Polyandry exists too.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

silencertalk wrote:...
How can the govt tell a woman that she cannot legally earn money selling sex when it may be the only marketable asset she has?
Because the bible says it's bad. :roll: :)