Illegal Immigrants Protest for Access to Higher Education

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Hush
Silent But Deadly

Illegal Immigrants Protest for Access to Higher Education

Post by Hush »

Eight young illegal immigrants were arrested for sitting in the middle of a busy street in front of the Georgia Capitol, protesting their lack of access to higher education.

http://www.breitbart.tv/illegal-immigra ... ducaation/
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
700PSS
Elite Member

Re: Illegal Immigrants Protest for Access to Higher Educatio

Post by 700PSS »

:x
Why should I have to pay for their education at all? Here in Gwinnett County, we have the largest school system in the state and the largest increase in Hispanic population (legal & illegal) in the last decade. 2/3 of my property taxes are school taxes. :x
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

Upon identifying themselves as illegal immigrants they should be loaded directly on to the higher education bus and driven across the nearest border.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

doubloon wrote:Upon identifying themselves as illegal immigrants they should be loaded directly on to the higher education bus and driven across the nearest border.
I think they arrested 5 of them at the demonstration. Of course, they call themselves "undocumented" as opposed to "illegal".
Glock35
Silent But Deadly

Post by Glock35 »

I would too if I was them. Free quality education
Libertarian_Geek
Silent But Deadly

Post by Libertarian_Geek »

They should be arrested for stealing at the very least.
https://www.facebook.com/DareDefendOurRights
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

I have this kid that sends me text messages every once in a while. I know him through his past association through church when he was younger. He sends me messages and we talk every once in a while when his cell phone is paid off. He is on assistance and receives SSI. Here are the last few text messages I recevied the other day. I have preserved the exact typing and truncated some things for simplicity:
Kid on SSI:
I owe $187.22 cents on my other cell & the bill is 89 bucks for one cell is that a lot?

me:
Yes that is. You should be saving your money and not spending it on cell phones. You spend too much on non essential items.

Kid on SSI:
Well everyon one has nice things. Whycan,t i ? I don,t have no direct tv either and that sucks a lot. I owe them like a hundred somehting to.

Me:
This is why you should not be having more children, your priorities are all twisted. Don't seek material things, do what is right.

Kid on SSI:
you have everything nice.Thats nice and all but I want nice things to like everyone ealse. Why can't I do the same?

Me:
because you don't earn money, you are living off the government because you don't work.

Kid on SSI:
Oh well money is money.
-----
Ick
Blaubart
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaubart »

They probably went to grade school, middle school and high school here.

Now they want...

"And by the way, if you're gonna take up a hobby of letter writing, you might want to learn how to spell "writing" you stupid F--k." - Nighthawk re kwikrnu
dblas

Post by dblas »

The state of Maryland is trying to pass legislation to allow any "undocumented" person to go to an institution of higher learning at in state rates as opposed to out of state rates.

First they get my property taxes to go to primary school and now they want more of my taxes to get a higher education? Screw that...
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Selectedmarksman »

I'm still waiting for the Gov't to get just as lax about 'undocumented' machine guns made and/or owned by law abiding citizens. Let us know when they make that policy change. :roll:
I've got Honey Badger Fever.
*Add this to your sig if you've got the fever, too!
mhuffman
Silent But Deadly

Post by mhuffman »

I read something that demonstrated if a college grants in-state tuition to illegals then it must grant in-state tutition to out of state Americans.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

dblas wrote:The state of Maryland is trying to pass legislation to allow any "undocumented" person to go to an institution of higher learning at in state rates as opposed to out of state rates.
And yet, as an American citizen from a neighboring state, you would have to pay the higher "out-of-state" tuition rate. :roll: How about an "out-of-country" tuition rate?
Blaubart
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaubart »

700PSS wrote:How about an "out-of-country" tuition rate?
Nooo! That would discourage diversity! :roll:
"And by the way, if you're gonna take up a hobby of letter writing, you might want to learn how to spell "writing" you stupid F--k." - Nighthawk re kwikrnu
dblas

Post by dblas »

mhuffman wrote:I read something that demonstrated if a college grants in-state tuition to illegals then it must grant in-state tutition to out of state Americans.
Cite please, if you can find it, I would like to shove it..er..provide it to my elected state delegate and state senator.
mhuffman
Silent But Deadly

Post by mhuffman »

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2 ... dents.html

Here's one. I may have heard it on the radio. An attorney was involved. I believe the prospective student had to use some legal rangling to make it happen but as I recall it was less than $400 out of pocket for the legal work. That nothing compared to the favorable rate that the student then received.