Rockdale authorities find missiles, machine gun during evict

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Hush
Silent But Deadly

Rockdale authorities find missiles, machine gun during evict

Post by Hush »

Rockdale authorities find missiles, machine gun during eviction

http://www.ajc.com/news/rockdale-author ... 08842.html

So if the fellow was a collector why not just contact him and ask him to remove the property instead of destroying it?
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
mudshark
Silent But Deadly

Re: Rockdale authorities find missiles, machine gun during e

Post by mudshark »

Because that wouldn't sound nearly as dramatic as saying "missles and machineguns seized and destroyed".

Replace "missles and machineguns" with "sofa and ottoman" and read the sentence back.
Mitt Romney is a gun banning RINO.
curbside
Silent But Deadly

Post by curbside »

So if the ATF was involved wouldnt they know all the little details that would have kept the "missles" from being destoyed since its registered with them? :?

Doesnt sound right; though they didnt give much information. They barely mentioned that he would not likely be charged, surprised the press even let that out.
poizzin
Silent But Deadly

Post by poizzin »

happened just a couple of miles from me, Most of the employee's of the Rockdale Sheriff Dept are clueless to NFA and the process.
Supressors
AAC - 7
Degroat - 2
AWC - 1
Don Floyd - 1
Tros- 1
HCA- 1
Tyris
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tyris »

Most cops are clueless about everything beyond 60 > 55 = speeding ticket.
Expecting them to know s--t about anything is seriously underestimating the stupidity of your typical government tax-sucker.

-T
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

Tyris wrote:Most cops are clueless about everything beyond 60 > 55 = speeding ticket.
Expecting them to know s--t about anything is seriously underestimating the stupidity of your typical government tax-sucker.

-T
With a touch more tact than that; the true is same of Soldiers (and other branches) with regards to guns. You'd think that someone who carries a gun all day knows its limitations, and how it compares to whatever else is out there... a cop, for example. But most cops aren't "gun guys". The same is true for the military as a whole - they don't understand the strengths and weaknesses of the M9, the M4, and what the AK can actually do and not do. Its too easy to find fresh new booties who think an AK can destroy an Abrams, or that the 5.56 can't effectively penetrate the cranial vault from 10 feet (both exaggerated to prove a point). They're just not 'gun-guys'.

But at least they're not strictly opposed to guns either. Whereas the media seems to be both ignorant-as-s--t of firearms in general, AND opposed to them.

Did you know that one stolen Bersa Thunder in .380 can penetrate 12 ballistic vests, can fire thousands of rounds per minute in a drive-by situation, and basically kill all the children in a suburb? And that's all on one weeknight.
curbside
Silent But Deadly

Post by curbside »

You guys must have overlooked "ATF", they of all people should know since its their job to know (when their not running guns to Mexico.) :)
MCFLURY
Senior Silent Operator

Post by MCFLURY »

So this article makes it sound like you can have missiles and machine guns just as long as your collecting well s--t I am going to start collecting too :lol:
jreinke
Silent But Deadly

Post by jreinke »

curbside wrote:You guys must have overlooked "ATF", they of all people should know since its their job to know (when their not running guns to Mexico.) :)
When I was going to school for gunsmithing, we had a couple of inspectors come up from the Minneapolis field office to give us a briefing of gun laws as they apply to gunsmithing. At the time (2006), the ATF had begun their scheme that most gunsmithing operations were actually "manufacturing" operations because they modified the firearms from its original configuration. So any way, when I asked this "guru" of gun law knowledge what form I should use to pay the 10% exise tax, she told me with a straight face, "why an ATF Form 1 of course." I my opinion the average person in any field office in the country is clueless about NFA, oh they can quote you chapter and verse on GCA '68, but on NFA they're brain dead!
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member1236.png[/img][/url]