FL Sheriffs -Officers will Draw Down on Lawful Open Carriers

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Re: FL Sheriffs -Officers will Draw Down on Lawful Open Carr

Post by Twinsen »

I sorta agree. I don't know how far he's gone out of his way to piss off cops, so I can't just blindly say I side with him.

But I do support open carry of rifles. I feel that the right to bear arms does cover things other than tiny little concealable pistols that are only superior to knives and completely unfit for any sort of firefight. I mean really, are we saying that the right to bear arms means rifles only in your safe and pistols only when concealed? "Necessary to a free state" is keeping rifles in a box and not allowed to take them out? Because if so, they've already won. If you can't legally carry a rifle, you're not ever going to keep your government in check. Which is... where we are. Taking it in the ass from any politician that feels like giving it to ya. So I support that he'd carry a "pistol" that is a rifle without a stock. But what he says to cops or acts or whatever, I cannot vouch for and know nothing of.
amatac
Silent But Deadly

Post by amatac »

I support the right for all law abiding citizens to be able to carry however and whenever...that being stated, there is a thing called social norms. This being the case, when leonard shows up in Fl with his freaking AK pistol or whatever that particular day, people are going to look at him like WTF and there is going to be action taken. Why? Well, because people are not used to seeing that. It is one thing to have a 1911 on your hip in Con 1, it is entirely another thing to have an AK pistol with bandoleers looking like it is time for some combat. Is this the fucking zombie apocalypse? Does he have the right? YES. Should He? Yes. Will he make gun owners everywhere look like assholes? He has already proven this to be the case. How long is this thread gonig to be anyway, 100 pages?

We all know that leo just wants to stir a s--t storm and call it his rights. There are people who use their rights and those who abuse them. When rights are abused by a few then many suffer. I have seen little to no contributions by leo other than bitching and complaining. I can go spend some time at home if I want to hear that. WYOGUY, sorry I kept leo from answering your question, but as a lawyer type, I am sure he wouldn't have answered it anyway.
There is no hunting like the hunting of man...
FFL/SOT
silencedamerica.com
wyoguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by wyoguy »

amatac wrote: WYOGUY, sorry I kept leo from answering your question, but as a lawyer type, I am sure he wouldn't have answered it anyway.

I Read You 5 X 5 On That, Amatac !!!

8)

He Never Has, And He Never Will.............It's A Pathology Within Him, Kinda Like Being A "Flasher"...They Really Can't Help Being "Attention Whores"!

:lol:

WYOGUY
85% of all statistics are made up...and the other 30% are wrong!
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

So how do we go about getting rifle carrying to be the norm? We get a bunch of us together? I'm cool if it's local, but I'm not wearing camo or fucking ski masks or anything stupid like that.
kwikrnu
Silent But Deadly

Post by kwikrnu »

Twinsen wrote:So how do we go about getting rifle carrying to be the norm? We get a bunch of us together? I'm cool if it's local, but I'm not wearing camo or fucking ski masks or anything stupid like that.
Face coverings are often illegal to use, but camoflage is not. How about black hoodies, camoflage pants, and ak rifles or pistols?

Rifle carry will never be the norm because of all the anti-gun people. Pro-gun people who tell others not to carry rifles are not helping matters because the anti-gunners feed on their message.

Greg Kulbick
Silent But Deadly

Post by Greg Kulbick »

The bill was watered down. A SoFla senator added an amendment to take out plain old open carry and make the bill simply protect people who inadvertently show their firearm while legally carrying concealed.

Several LE agencies are being investigated on claims that they used public funds and resources to essentially lobby state legislatures in an effort to defeat open carry, which they preferred over concealed carry when that law was being proposed.
www.renegade-armament.com
01 FFL/03 SOT
wyoguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by wyoguy »

kwikrnu wrote:
Twinsen wrote:So how do we go about getting rifle carrying to be the norm? We get a bunch of us together? I'm cool if it's local, but I'm not wearing camo or fucking ski masks or anything stupid like that.
Face coverings are often illegal to use, but camoflage is not. How about black hoodies, camoflage pants, and ak rifles or pistols?

Rifle carry will never be the norm because of all the anti-gun people. Pro-gun people who tell others not to carry rifles are not helping matters because the anti-gunners feed on their message.

The Only 'Safe' Gun For Leonard To Open Carry...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14088873@N ... 55525@N25/

WYOGUY
85% of all statistics are made up...and the other 30% are wrong!
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

kwikrnu wrote:

The "norm" doesn't matter to me, it's the legality that matters. I don't care if less than 51% of the population don't carry rifles around every day. I'm worried about it being a crime to do it at all even though the documents our country are founded on say not only is it legal to do so, it's expressly illegally to restrict in any way. Yet it is extremely restricted.

If this goes down, I'm there with an FAL and I'm wearing a dress shirt and pants. Not dressing up to intimidate little old ladies, dressing up to show the government they can go F--k themselves.
MCFLURY
Senior Silent Operator

Post by MCFLURY »

That is sheriff Jim Coats he once said

"Pinellas Sheriff Jim Coats has to cut his budget by 10 percent, he says, taxpayers should expect "a significant crime increase" and streets "littered with human carnage."

"Innocent citizens, including children, will be caught up in a deadly crossfire," Coats says. "… Law-abiding citizens will become prisoners in their own home."