FL Sheriffs -Officers will Draw Down on Lawful Open Carriers

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

tuckerrnr1
Silent But Deadly

FL Sheriffs -Officers will Draw Down on Lawful Open Carriers

Post by tuckerrnr1 »

What a crock. I need to find out which ones are opposed to the law for these reasons and work to have them voted out. Four legs good, two legs better.

FL Sheriffs Association - Officers will Draw Down on Lawful Open Carriers

"Peoples rights need to be granted in a responsible way.." Since when are rights granted?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqrLRePn8Js
[img]http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m264/19283938/kookaid.gif[/img]
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Re: FL Sheriffs -Officers will Draw Down on Lawful Open Carr

Post by Hush »

"Peoples rights need to be granted in a responsible way.." Since when are rights granted?
If this joker thinks unalienable rights are granted he needs to turn in his badge. He seems to have that "them vs. us" mentality.

So I'm guessing Fla. passed the open carry bill?

I wonder if some hot shot will try and out draw a deputy...."he was a threat drawing down on me so I beat him to the draw and shot him your honor"..... :roll:
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Gunfight rule.... 3,4,5.. whatever, never try to draw on a drawn weapon. :lol:
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
Greg Kulbick
Silent But Deadly

Post by Greg Kulbick »

That's all from a committee hearing a few weeks ago. The bill is currently scheduled to be heard in the Rules Committee today. Back in 87 when the concealed carry law was being heard, the sherrif's assiciation said they preferred people open carry so they knew who had the guns. Now they oppose open carry because concealed carry seems to be working fine, and they will "challenge" people they see open carrying and "bad things" will happen.

From Florida Carry, Inc.:

Florida Law Enforcement Officers Push the Limit to Stop Open Carry Rights Bill.

The main provision of Florida Senate Bill 234 would, for the first time since 1987, permit concealed weapon or firearm license holders to carry handguns openly. On Tuesday, the Senate Judiciary Committee heard testimony regarding the bill.

Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office Major Ken Davis told of a recent traffic stop of six Tampa Bay Outlaw motorcycle gang members. "Although the six Outlaws were certified gang members, and had histories of criminal arrests, most were also concealed carry permit holders”, he related.

According to Florida Statute, the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services must suspend the licenses of those persons arrested or formally charged with a crime that would disqualify an individual for a license until final disposition of the case, and a licensee who is under an injunction that restrains them from committing acts of domestic violence or acts of repeat violence. Finally, the agency must revoke the license of a licensee who has been found guilty of, had adjudication of guilt withheld for, or had imposition of sentence suspended for one or more crimes of violence within the preceding three years.

One must conclude that Major Davis was either embellishing the facts surrounding the criminal arrests of the certified gang members in order to sway the committee, or his department was derelict in not reporting the disqualifying arrests to the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services for suspension of the licenses of those involved.

In fact, it appears that members of the Orange County Sheriff’s Office may have violated the law in order to influence the committee members. During his testimony, Captain Mike Fewless stated, "I actually stopped by every one of you guys’s office this morning (and) dropped off seven photographs of some biker outlaw gang guys that have carrying concealed firearm permits . Those are the ones we’re worried about carrying.”

Florida Statute 790.0601 expressly forbids the release of personally identifying information of a person who has applied for or who has received a license to carry a concealed weapon or firearm. The specific circumstances in which that information may be released are with the express written consent of the licensee, by a court order upon showing a good cause, or upon request of a law enforcement agency in connection with performance of lawful duties. There is no exemption for release of identifying information by anyone for the purposes of furthering a political agenda.

Outright misrepresentation of fact appears to be a tactic our sheriffs are willing to utilize to defeat SB 234. Volusia County Sheriff Ben Johnson testified that open carry would be evident in the stands at next year’s Daytona 500 auto race. Conveniently, Sheriff Johnson omitted the fact that carry at a professional athletic event is a violation of existing statute, and Daytona International Speedway is a privately owned facility and has the statutory right to have anyone trespassed from the property for any reason, including carry of open or concealed firearms.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly in these times of fiscal austerity, were any public funds utilized to oppose the expansion of Second Amendment rights on behalf of the Florida Sheriffs Association? Although elected officials, like the sheriffs are exempt, statute forbids anyone else to be compensated for lobbying without being registered as a legislative branch lobbyist. This means that if any non-elected law enforcement officers were compensated for in any way, by any public or private entity, they very well may have been in violation of law. Were any publically owned vehicles used for travel? Did any of the officers use per diem allowance or stay overnight on the taxpayer dime? And how many were on the clock? But e ven if on their own dime, was it ethical to then wear their uniforms and, ironically, their firearms to the committee meeting?

It is apparent that member agencies of the Florida Sheriffs Association may be willing to embellish circumstances, bend the law, and intentionally misrepresent facts in order to influence the committee and the legislature at large in order to maintain their virtual monopoly on open carry. Ironic since in 1987, when shall-issue concealed carry was being debated, the same association stated they preferred open carry over concealed carry so their deputies would not have to guess at who was armed.
www.renegade-armament.com
01 FFL/03 SOT
Tyris
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tyris »

I swear to god the level of intelligence I see in police is close to what I'd expect from a warm feces filled gelatinous blob with an IQ around room temperature in siberia.
Would these idiots like it if people suddenly drew down on them without provocation?
Stupid fuckers think the government paycheck and government union makes them invincible. If they continue down the slide they're on with their current trajectory and pervasive us-them attitude, expect to see all public support evaporate, even amongst the brainwashed masses who actually think that the police protect them.

Remember fellows: vote NO for any so-called "public-safety" budget allocation, and PRAY for municipal defaults to put these retards out of their cushy government jobs.

-T
kwikrnu
Silent But Deadly

Post by kwikrnu »

I have a Florida license. If I am open carrying down there I hope they don't detain me at gunpoint like the tennessee cops did.
wyoguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by wyoguy »

kwikrnu wrote:I have a Florida license. If I am open carrying down there I hope they don't detain me at gunpoint like the tennessee cops did.
Gawd...I KNOW I Should Just Ignore Leonard...But I Can't Just Pretend This Statement Is NOT Just Unadulterated BULLSHIT!

---Leonard Now States He Hopes That If He VISITS Florida...
(He does not live there, He lives in Tennessee)
---He Doesn't Get 'DETAINED AT GUNPOINT' like the Tenessee cops did?
(Get It? Radnor Lake?)

What A Pissant Statement!

I'll Tell You What Leonard...While I'll Bet That 99.9% Of The Guys Here On ST Could In Fact 'Open Carry' In Florida Without Incident...
YOU ???
Naah...
But, I'll Tell You What...
Post A Couple Photos Of Specific OUTFITS You Fantasize About Wearing With Specifics GUNS!!

We Here On ST Will 'Jury' The Photos As To The Likelihood Of You Getting 'Detained At Gunpoint' In Florida Or Not !?
What Do You Say?
If Your Real 'Hope' Is NOT To Be Detained...You Will Have The Benefit Of The Experts Here To Select A 'Normal Guy' Outfit...
Of Course If Your REAL 'HOPE' Is To GET DETAINED And Use It As The Basis Of ANOTHER Lawsuit Against Law Enforcement in FLORIDA This Time...Well Then, You Will Know From The Responses Here Which Outfit and Which Gun Will Truly Set Off All The LEO Alarm Bells!!!

I Am Really Looking Forward To This.........sort of........

:roll:

WYOGUY
85% of all statistics are made up...and the other 30% are wrong!
kwikrnu
Silent But Deadly

Post by kwikrnu »

wyoguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by wyoguy »

P-H-O-T-O-S !!!

OUTFITS !!!

GUNS !!!

JURIED !!!

VOTE !!!

WYOGUY
amatac
Silent But Deadly

Post by amatac »

Looks like a law abiding citizen out for a stroll in the park :roll: I'd sure as hell wnat to know WTF this guy is doing in this getup in the GD public. I think that he is intending to get arrested and will file another lawsuit. Just my .02 for what it is/isn't worth. This is exactly why I like concealed carry.
There is no hunting like the hunting of man...
FFL/SOT
silencedamerica.com
kwikrnu
Silent But Deadly

Post by kwikrnu »

amatac wrote: I'd sure as hell wnat to know WTF this guy is doing in this getup in the GD public.
You're just another anti on a gun forum. The right to bear arms shall not be infringed and that means you can't detain me because I open carry a firearm.
wyoguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by wyoguy »

kwikrnu wrote:
amatac wrote: I'd sure as hell wnat to know WTF this guy is doing in this getup in the GD public.
You're just another anti on a gun forum. The right to bear arms shall not be infringed and that means you can't detain me because I open carry a firearm.
See What You Did, 'amatac' ???

You Went And Gave Leonard An EXCUSE To Avoid Actually RESPONDING TO MY QUESTION !!!

8)

Yes, Leonard...You Are Absolutely Correct...The 2nd Amendment/RKBA Shall NOT Be Infringed...I Believe That IMPLICITLY!
However, If I Go Out In Public 100% NUDE Today, Just Wearing My Colt SAA In A Holster Around My Waist...I PREDICT! I'm Gonna Get Detained!
But WAIT!
THAT WAS Your GOAL At Radnor Park, Etc., Etc....
You WANT TO BE Detained...
You Are Looking For A Pretext Of Being 'Wronged' So You Can Sue...
That's Why...You Stating Above---"I Hope They Don't Detain Me At Gunpoint" Is So Freaking Ridiculous!
You Dress Up Like A Freak!
You 'Decorate' Your Guns Like You Are A Ringling Brothers Clown!
You 'Parade' Around In Public Until You Do Get Stopped!
Then You Yell---Help! I've Been Detained and Damaged!
What You Really Are Is...DERANGED!

WYOGUY
Blaubart
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaubart »

Nutcase Bitch and Whine in 3, 2, 1...

Thread deleted in 10, 9, 8...
"And by the way, if you're gonna take up a hobby of letter writing, you might want to learn how to spell "writing" you stupid F--k." - Nighthawk re kwikrnu
kwikrnu
Silent But Deadly

Post by kwikrnu »

Blaubart wrote:Nutcase Bitch and Whine in 3, 2, 1...

Why thread delete? Did nighthawk complain?
wyoguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by wyoguy »

kwikrnu wrote:
Blaubart wrote:Nutcase Bitch and Whine in 3, 2, 1...

Why thread delete? Did nighthawk complain?
"did nighthawk complain?"

YOU are an ASS !!!

YOU Claimed YOU Had Already Filed CRIMINAL CHARGES Against Nighthawk!

Why YOU Have Not Been Banned From ST Is A Mystery To Me !?

WYOGUY
Blaubart
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaubart »

kwikrnu wrote:Why thread delete? Did nighthawk complain?
No, I just figure it's only a matter of time, being the pussy that you are, until you threaten to sue someone again.
"And by the way, if you're gonna take up a hobby of letter writing, you might want to learn how to spell "writing" you stupid F--k." - Nighthawk re kwikrnu
kwikrnu
Silent But Deadly

Post by kwikrnu »

Blaubart wrote:
No, I just figure it's only a matter of time, being the pussy that you are, until you threaten to sue someone again.
Don't threaten me, libel me, or violate my civil rights and I don't have a problem.
wyoguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by wyoguy »

kwikrnu wrote:
Blaubart wrote:
Don't threaten me, libel me, or violate my civil rights and I don't have a problem.
You're STILL An Ass!!!

Whiney Bitch: "Why thread delete? Did nighthawk complain?"

You Are One Sick Puppy!

WYOGUY
Blaubart
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaubart »

kwikrnu wrote:Don't threaten me, libel me, or violate my civil rights and I don't have a problem.
That's just it. I don't really care that you have a problem. Considering the fact that you've brought them on yourself, the more the better.
kwikrnu
Silent But Deadly

Post by kwikrnu »

Blaubart wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:Don't threaten me, libel me, or violate my civil rights and I don't have a problem.
That's just it. I don't really care that you have a problem. Considering the fact that you've brought them on yourself, the more the better.

I didn't ask the cops to violate my civil rights. I didn't ask the sheriff not to execute my form 4. I didn't ask the state to permanently suspend my handgun carry permit. I told nighthawk not to libel me many times. I do deal with the problems.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

Blaubart wrote:
+1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
wyoguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by wyoguy »

kwikrnu wrote:
Blaubart wrote:

I didn't ask the cops to violate my civil rights. I didn't ask the sheriff not to execute my form 4. I didn't ask the state to permanently suspend my handgun carry permit. I told nighthawk not to libel me many times. I do deal with the problems.

YOU...Libel Yourself !

You Have No Place On This Forum !

You Have Proven By Your Own Words And Actions That For You...Firearms And Suppressors Are Only A Means To An End---A PAYDAY!

You Are A Bad Joke! You Say..."I didn't ask the cops to violate my civil rights."

No, You Didn't Ask Them...You BEGGED Them!

No Claim Of Civil Rights Violation = No Lawsuit - No Payday!

But, Oh Yeah...Back To THIS THREAD! You Are Now Fantasizing About Doing The Same Clown Routine in FLORIDA!

So...Again, Answer The Question...What Is Your Clown Suit Going To Be THIS TIME ?

WYOGUY
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

Hahaha, of course it'd go back to kwik2sue. Open carry is great, unless you don't like the person. Then aw no, that s--t is awful.

Open carry used to be normal, what changed? What's the big deal? Your government education is getting in the way of logic. A gun covered by a shirt is no threat, that's a real American! But if it's exposed... what? The gun is going to grow horns, a tail, and start shooting people? The government is scared shitless of open carry, because they and criminals are the ones threatened (ETA: I meant economically), and guess what, they're in the same boat for the same reasons. Big departments have big budgets because they exist in places where laws make sure those areas are high crime forever. I've got no problems with cops, but cops at that political level scare the s--t out of me. Killing people because their shirt isn't covering their gun. Really? At least Hitler made up better excuses than, "I'm scared of people with balls."
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

kwikrnu wants to open carry in Fla.? Good luck with that and make sure your life insurance is paid up cause you might wind up a human strainer...full o' holes.
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
Blaubart
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaubart »

Twinsen wrote:Hahaha, of course it'd go back to kwik2sue. Open carry is great, unless you don't like the person. Then aw no, that s--t is awful.
You do realize that it is possible to abuse your rights to the point where there's a good chance you're just going to make things worse for everyone. Fred Phelps is a good example of that. He abuses his rights and, right, wrong or indifferent, we get new laws and ordinances that further restrict everyone's freedom of speech.

Leonard is quickly becoming a good example of that too. Just take a look at what he's accomplished so far, and for what? :roll:

This isn't about a person I dislike open carrying. Of course it isn't that simple...

The rest of your post, I agree with 100%. Especially the part about police in politics...