Military channel special forces training this past week

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

CThomas
Silent But Deadly

Military channel special forces training this past week

Post by CThomas »

Anyone else catch the various programming showing the training they go through?
They had Army Special Forces, EOD, Marine Force Recon, they also had the Buds class 234 on again. I had seen the Ranger training not long ago. Now the Army SF, EOD and Marine Force Recon programs did not go into the depth that the BUDS progam did so there very well could have been alot more pain for these guys then shown but based on what I did see I can honestly say that the guys who make it through BUDS are not human. Now I will admit that the amount of walking and running that the Rangers did was no picnic for sure but the tempo and difficulty of the BUDS program seems so far beyond all of the others put together.
Mad respect for all of them!
withoutremorse42
Silent But Deadly

Re: Military channel special forces training this past week

Post by withoutremorse42 »

RE the Ranger training, did they show RASP or Ranger school? Pisses me off when they confuse the 2 and show Ranger school while talking about the 75th.
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member11084.png[/img][/url]
CDAT
Silent But Deadly

Re: Military channel special forces training this past week

Post by CDAT »

I did not see it but as for the EOD school, I do not think you will get to see much of it as almost all of it is classified. We had to lock up our note books at the end of the night and destroy them after each section of training. It is not as physical as the others but they try to put a lot of metal stress on you. When I was in EOD school they told us that at that time it had the highest fail rate of any military school (do not know if true or not) in my class we started with 25 and ended with five.