More schools ban flavored milk.

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

amatac
Silent But Deadly

Re: More schools ban flavored milk.

Post by amatac »

silencertalk wrote:Why would they send home cookies but allow pizza and fried chicken? None of them are great for you.

Which reminds me - I am going to work on having less cheese (which I love) and have more cottage cheese for less fat with protein. But only if it is warm and in pasta.
Pizza and fried chicken don't have sugar??? I have stopped trying to figure out the logic of stupid people; it makes me crazy. :P
There is no hunting like the hunting of man...
FFL/SOT
silencedamerica.com
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I think the problem with pizza and fried chicken is the calories from fat. Yesterday I had a McDonalds chicken club, but I asked for grilled. It came on a multigrain bun, but then they put bacon on it. Doh! It was good.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

silencertalk wrote:... Parents should be able to send their kids to school with any food.
Are you sure about that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
jppd47
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by jppd47 »

silencertalk wrote:
Blaubart wrote:
silencertalk wrote:I would send my kid in with Twinkies...
True civil disobedience would be caffeinated chocoloate covered Twinkies. :D
The difference is that the teacher would think the Twinkles are bad, but they are won't harm my thin kid.

I am anti-drug though, and consider caffeine a drug. When I see people in line at Dunkin' Donuts for coffee, and the line is like 20 people long, I think they are pathetic. Like mice tapping a button for a dose.
So no peanuts, they are a choking hazard. No granola bar with chocolate chips. Gold fish are fine, as are the peanut butter cheese crackers
pro-gun gun owners are a minority.
Fair Use applies (U.S. Code Title 17 Chapter 1 Subsection 107)
mpallett
Elite Industry Professional

Post by mpallett »

doubloon wrote:
silencertalk wrote:... Parents should be able to send their kids to school with any food.
Are you sure about that?

I tried to get my kid to eat Durian. If I was able to make them choke it down, I was going to FORCE the school to allow it. It is a healthy fruit. I don't care if it made everyone else in the room vomit. Sadly, while I could eat it, my kids could not.

They can't have a tiny bag of pop corn, but they can bring 5 oz of cheese. The cheese is almost all fat. They need to have a healthy lunch snack, yet they offer "cheese nachos" on their menu.

It is stupid.
Over weight Telco guy with a FFL/07 for hire :)
Greg Kulbick
Silent But Deadly

Post by Greg Kulbick »

amatac wrote:
silencertalk wrote: Let's face it, not everyone can be a rocket surgeon.
Maybe not, but can they be brain scientists?
www.renegade-armament.com
01 FFL/03 SOT
TRX

Post by TRX »

When I was in elementary and high school the only available drink was milk. Not even water, and nobody was permitted to leave the cafeteria to get to a water fountain. Being lactose-intolerant, I went through a lot of dry lunches.
tylermtech
Silent But Deadly

Post by tylermtech »

At my daughters school (public) they have 3 kinds of milk. 1% whole and chocolate. my daughter picks the skim because she likes the color of the box better. The school got a grant this year from the gov't for healthy snacks, they get carrots, broccoli, tomatoes,...etc. if they don't like it, they get a little cup of cheerios.

Her school also separates the kids into different groups based on their ability in the subject they are studying. This is good because it keeps the smart kids from getting bored, and they learn more.

Public schools are very good in WY, they have a ton of money and spend it on the kids. Once they get to middle school, each kid gets their own Mac laptop that they get to take home and use as their own. They take field trips at no cost to the family, and their is still art class and PE. All this in a state with no income tax.