Sons of guns

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Re: Sons of guns

Post by rogerme »

JohnInNH wrote:
Vince should get his own show.
He has left RJ ( quite a few months ago ) he does have a shop of his own the web site is up but not much on it yet. I am hopeful to see good things form him though.

www.mesakineticresearch.com
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

rogerme wrote:
Sigproshooter wrote:
Then post it.
For those who are Google impaired here you go.. http://www.courthousenews.com/2011/08/18/Bum.pdf

I read the link you provided. And according to it,,,

It simply lists a complaint from the plaintiff, not a final ruling.

Therefore, it doesn't mean it has been proven as true or factual in a court of law.

And,,that means it is an allegation.
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

Sigproshooter wrote:
rogerme wrote:
Sigproshooter wrote:
Then post it.
For those who are Google impaired here you go.. http://www.courthousenews.com/2011/08/18/Bum.pdf

I read the link you provided. And according to it,,,

It simply lists a complaint from the plaintiff, not a final ruling.

Therefore, it doesn't mean it has been proven as true or factual in a court of law.

And,,that means it is an allegation.

O ok so if it has not been proven in a court it could not have happened? He was not found guilty in a court of having 20 (or so) firearms come up "missing" either but he nor his daughter have a FFL or sot anymore do they! As it stands I would not rule out future discrepancies coming to light. That last part of course is my opinion. Time will tell though....
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
47_MasoN_47
Senior Silent Operator

Post by 47_MasoN_47 »

I heard 1.5years or so ago that they were facing severe legal scrutiny and had lost their FFLs from someone who lives in the area. RJF's lawyers showed up on our forum and started trying to cover things up, which kinda set off some flags in my mind. Now that this has shown up it reinforces what he said even more.
Check out my YouTube channel below!
http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

RJ's ffl is / was in Vinces name not sure how that all worked out ..i was on another forum reading about all this before the face book stuff disapeared. Links to all the legal and ffl/business .gov public access info. Vince seems to be a reall nice guy.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

Yes, it would appear that your opinion matters more than fact as you seem to base everything on your opinion.

Thats okay,,, the same type of thinking got us Barak Obama as president.
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

Sigproshooter wrote:Yes, it would appear that your opinion matters more than fact as you seem to base everything on your opinion.
I base my opinion facts and the history of a person. I did not post a link to my opinion but actual charges. How much evidence do you need? If I had dl'd the "stock" letter signed by Will Hayden I would post it but the source site is no longer there. However if you read the complaint the letter was admitted to the court. The guy has a show that is a fraud as he PRETENDS to be the owner this is a provable LIE. Second the guy/ guys who actually Own and hold the FFL and sot where treated as employees on the show another LIE. So on and so on. If you wish to defend him and the shop that is your right. However from the way you word your responses I guess you have not looked at the facts at hand or you simply have a reason not to bother to look. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.

My OPINION based on the FACTS at hand are that knowing what I know I would NEVER do busniess in any way shape or form with Will or Red Jacket.

As far as Obama I am unsure of your point. I did not vote for him.

Clint Smith
mcinfantry
Silent But Deadly

Post by mcinfantry »

Sigproshooter wrote:Yes, it would appear that your opinion matters more than fact as you seem to base everything on your opinion.

Interesting and very valid point.
No matter the questionable history, beliefs and statements of Barak Obama, he was still voted in as president.

I mean, that's the point you making right?

Substitute any myriad of names/businesse names for Barak Obama.
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

That is more where I was going, yes.
Sun Tzu
mcinfantry
Silent But Deadly

Post by mcinfantry »

Fanboy or hater it's ALL opinion, well, except the facts of the LLC, and pending lawsuit.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

JohnInNH wrote:
LeftEyeMike wrote:Just watched tonights episode. Clearly setting it up for Vince's departure. They did a 450 socom ar-15 with a monocore suppressor.

And made some pin fire ammo for a french 20 shot pin fire revolver.

I don't know what their situation with the ATF is or care. Its just entertainment as far as I am concerned.
Saw a news article on Discovery Channel dropping Sons of Guns for repeated ATF violations and unsafe practices, now i can't find the article.

Does anyone have the link for it?
mcinfantry
Silent But Deadly

Post by mcinfantry »

Bendersquint wrote:
JohnInNH wrote:
LeftEyeMike wrote:Just watched tonights episode. Clearly setting it up for Vince's departure. They did a 450 socom ar-15 with a monocore suppressor.

And made some pin fire ammo for a french 20 shot pin fire revolver.

I don't know what their situation with the ATF is or care. Its just entertainment as far as I am concerned.
Saw a news article on Discovery Channel dropping Sons of Guns for repeated ATF violations and unsafe practices, now i can't find the article.

Does anyone have the link for it?
first I've heard of that.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

You need to search for them by their business name not "sons of guns"

Search for "red jacket firearms" like this

https://www.google.com/search?num=100&h ... 73l1.1l2l0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
nice shot
Silent But Deadly

Post by nice shot »

rogerme wrote:
JohnInNH wrote:
He has left RJ ( quite a few months ago ) he does have a shop of his own the web site is up but not much on it yet. I am hopeful to see good things form him though.

http://www.mesakineticresearch.com

I read through the website and there isnt much but when I read this I honestly laughed out loud:

"Our Story

Mesa Kinetic Research LLC was founded in November of 2011 by Vincent Buckles in Gonzales, LA. Looking to bring a new dynamic and outlook to firearm design and applications, Buckles along with Jake Guidry began by searching for videos, articles, and publications that were clearly stating false information regarding ballistics research or firearm applications. The lack of good scientifically tested or combat proven data was shocking. This inspired the two to begin their own research and development firm that would provide straight forward and honest data to those serving in uniform as well as law abiding civilians who want to make an educated purchase of a home or personal defense weapon. The concept does not stop at mere testing and evaluation. Buckles has spent his entire adult life as a trained gunsmith and prototype builder, responsible for the fabrication of many prototype weapons systems, some of which have been featured on television. Guidry is an LSU graduate with a background in engineering, business management, and computer design, as well as a skilled tactical weapons armorer. Mesa Kinetic Research is currently working on the improvement of several current weapon systems, and in the beginning stages of engineering new platforms. The goal of this company is to keep the good guys alive through the proper application of scientific testing and attention to detail. Mesa Kinetic Research LLC supports LE agencies, the US military, law abiding citizens and legal permanent residents of the United States of America. All federal laws and BATFE regulations apply at all times."

I say it takes them. . . 30 minutes to put SD out of business should they be allowed to test out the "amazing carbon fiber cans".

Just sayin, made me laugh when I thought about them while reading this.

ETA: Good luck to those guys, always glad to see more people involved with firearms.
YHM 7.62 Phantom QD
T.I. Stratus .22
AAC Eco-9
YHM15 SBR (pending)
ericlw
Senior Silent Operator

Post by ericlw »

well the owner was showing off that glock 18 its not like it is legal for him to personally own that anyway. probably through his ffl but thats about it.
snapshot
Senior Silent Operator

Post by snapshot »

I'm way behind on this show (we don't do cable), but I received Season 1 on DVD as a Christmas present from a co-worker. I made it through to the 2nd episode. Will seems like a stand up guy, but I couldn't get past the "first time this has ever been done" comments. It's a freaking "Master Key". I recall something called the Ciener Ultimate back in the 80's, not to mention all of the previous prototypes prior to that and after...C-Moor LSS, Colt's, and my personal fav by KAC. I'm hoping this is an issue with post-production editing because I'm looking forward to the black powder fetish this guy is said to have.
"And remember, the most dangerous thing in the world is still ignorance." - RYP
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

snapshot wrote:I'm way behind on this show (we don't do cable), but I received Season 1 on DVD as a Christmas present from a co-worker. I made it through to the 2nd episode. Will seems like a stand up guy, but I couldn't get past the "first time this has ever been done" comments. It's a freaking "Master Key". I recall something called the Ciener Ultimate back in the 80's, not to mention all of the previous prototypes prior to that and after...C-Moor LSS, Colt's, and my personal fav by KAC. I'm hoping this is an issue with post-production editing because I'm looking forward to the black powder fetish this guy is said to have.
Sadly it is not a post production editing issue, there are a lot of "Neva Been Done Befo" on that show. He invented all these things like Al Gore invented the internet.
snapshot
Senior Silent Operator

Post by snapshot »

Looks like I'm going to have to throw the DVD's in a "lock box". :D Manufacturers bust their ass to design these products, it's unjust.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

snapshot wrote:Looks like I'm going to have to throw the DVD's in a "lock box". :D Manufacturers bust their ass to design these products, it's unjust.
They have claimed all sorts of things as their own, from the masterkey to the "first shotgun and 50BMG silencer" to a number of other things that they purchased from other vendors and said they made it.

Its messed up but thats TV for you.
snapshot
Senior Silent Operator

Post by snapshot »

The worst part is that it seems like a whole generation of uninformed gun owners take this at face value.
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

Bendersquint wrote:
Sadly it is not a post production editing issue, there are a lot of "Neva Been Done Befo" on that show. He invented all these things like Al Gore invented the internet.

LOL They are Willism's. He is a legend in his own mind.

Clint Smith
YourCoWorker
Senior Silent Operator

Post by YourCoWorker »

They now have their first product:

"Mesa Kinetic Store Has Launched!
The Mesa Kinetic Research store has officially launched. We apologize for the delay. Our first item available is our "Loaded T-shirt". We are currently working on getting a variety of T-Shirt colors/designs and more merchandise. We're also in the development of firearm products, so stay tuned."

:D
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Their first product is a T-Shirt? :shock:

Hopefully the firearm products will be worthwhile, he was the brains behind most of the products that actually worked.
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

YourCoWorker wrote:They now have their first product:

"Mesa Kinetic Store Has Launched!
The Mesa Kinetic Research store has officially launched. We apologize for the delay. Our first item available is our "Loaded T-shirt". We are currently working on getting a variety of T-Shirt colors/designs and more merchandise. We're also in the development of firearm products, so stay tuned."

:D
This has been the site for about 2 years now. I woudl like to know how many tshirts they have sold..

Clint Smith