Women...

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Wyatt9k
Silent But Deadly

Women...

Post by Wyatt9k »

I dont know what it is, all they want to do is have fun, go out every freaking day, spend money and text and talk on the phone. Im sooo fucking tired of putting up with girls, this generation is all messed up, in my opinion they are just about all the same. They just want to use/take advantage of you, they dont have hardly any common sense..ughhhh. Anyone else feel the way im feeling??
USMC03
Silent Operator

Re: Women...

Post by USMC03 »

I know what you mean. Ive had them like that. But now I'm dating a 19 year old, and she is nothing like that. Used her birthday money to buy a Mossberg 500. Is never on her phone unless It's important. We go out once in a while and she offers to pay some times. She works 2 jobs, at a nuclear plant and as a gymnastics coach. And sometimes she fills in at her moms work, a military outlet store. For Christmas, she got me 3 boxes of Remington .223 and a gift certificate for the military store. So there are good ones out there, just got to find one. I got lucky with mine.
Wyatt9k
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wyatt9k »

How long have u been in a relationship with her?
USMC03
Silent Operator

Post by USMC03 »

Not long. About 3 months.
Wyatt9k
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wyatt9k »

Give it time... :P Hopefully shes showing her true colors now and not just putting on a front.
USMC03
Silent Operator

Post by USMC03 »

I dont know about you, but I can read most women like a book. This one seems legit to me, so we'll see what happens.
Baboon
Silent But Deadly

Post by Baboon »

So what's the alternative being a faggot? I've been with my wife for 25 years. Basically she is a great woman, but she is a woman. The sooner y'all figure this out the sooner you will find a keeper.
Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.
Libertarian_Geek
Silent But Deadly

Post by Libertarian_Geek »

They're not all like the stereotype.

I've been w/ mine for over 19 years. She's logical, rational, frugal, pragmatic, and sweet enough to rot your teeth. She doesn't even like jewelry. We each have the utmost respect for each other. When we disagree, we don't yell. Instead, we talk through issues thoroughly (down to the minute details). If one of us is carrying too much emotion into the disagreement, we wait for a better time to discuss. Over the years, we keep getting better at working through issues.

Like anything else, you need to invest in the relationship, monitor the progress and identify the root causes of the disagreements. Strive for fairness (it's not always an even 50/50 compromise...sometimes it's 100/0 or 0/100), and be rational in your disagreements. When you disagree, remove the emotion and look at the situation objectively. She must be able to do the same. At the very least, you both must be willing to learn to do this over time. If she won't make any attempt to make things better, then it'll never be any good and you both need to move on at some point. Don't try to win the argument. Try to solve the argument.

If you're doing this and there's no sign of improvements (she's not willing to be an adult), then move on. ...Also, don't date < 25 year-olds. It's usually not worth the hassle.

(edited to add: frugal)
Last edited by Libertarian_Geek on Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.facebook.com/DareDefendOurRights
Syntax360
Silent But Deadly

Post by Syntax360 »

A lot of them are that way, and a lot of the problem is you - where you are looking for women, the sort of women you are consorting with, etc. If you're still young (it sounds like you are), stop sweating it - take some time (and available financial resources) to focus on you - "disregard females, acquire currency" and all of that...

Women will come and women will go, but you will come across some good ones if you stop fucking off time with the bad ones. It's a helluva lot easier to miss a chance at something good because you stopped looking as soon as you found a mediocre girl to cling to. If you are shopping in the late teens/early twenties arena for women, you're going to run into a lot of the immaturity you describe. Chicks start to level off around 25, but you can still find a diamond in the rough if you look hard enough.

Take some time away from it. Be single and do not settle (as Baboon seems to be suggesting). If it doesn't feel right, it isn't.
Libertarian_Geek
Silent But Deadly

Syntax360 wrote:A lot of them are that way, and a lot of the problem is you - where you are looking for women, the sort of women you are consorting with, etc. If you're still young (it sounds like you are), stop sweating it - take some time (and available financial resources) to focus on you - "disregard females, acquire currency" and all of that...

Women will come and women will go, but you will come across some good ones if you stop fucking off time with the bad ones. It's a helluva lot easier to miss a chance at something good because you stopped looking as soon as you found a mediocre girl to cling to. If you are shopping in the late teens/early twenties arena for women, you're going to run into a lot of the immaturity you describe. Chicks start to level off around 25, but you can still find a diamond in the rough if you look hard enough.

Take some time away from it. Be single and do not settle (as Baboon seems to be suggesting). If it doesn't feel right, it isn't.

+100
igpoobah
Senior Silent Operator

Post by igpoobah »

Women. They are what they are, but we need them so what are you going to do? They feel about the same way about us, by the way.

One of life's cruel jokes. It is what it is.
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

Baboon wrote:So what's the alternative being a faggot?
If I could get passed certain aspects of being gay, I'd jump right in.

... but then, it might not be any different. Overly-concerned with fashion, American Idol, vapidness, emotionalism...

... and then you're still banging a dude.

No, women fucking suck sometimes, but they're still the best option.

At least at the end of all their bullshit there are some tits.
stevejobs
Silent But Deadly

Post by stevejobs »

Just F--k, who gives a s--t.
Libertarian_Geek
Silent But Deadly

stevejobs wrote:Just F--k, who gives a s--t.
Board index » General » Random Talk
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

I can't believe there are no pictures in this thread ... wasted click. :mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

doubloon wrote:I can't believe there are no pictures in this thread ... wasted click. :mrgreen:
Nope. Your avatar makes up for all that! :wink:
PTK
Silent But Deadly

Post by PTK »

At least at the end of all their bullshit there are some tits.
QFT.
RIP Dave. You will be missed.