Recruited 3 more today

Discuss anything with like-minded people.
No posting of copyrighted material.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Recruited 3 more today

Post by poikilotrm »

A few years abo I decided to take an asian approach to preaching the 2nd Amendment to the Great Unwashed.

Most NRA hat wearing types go for the hard direct sell. For a number of reasons this is a bad idea, especially with new shooters. I have decided to take an alternate route. I use my silenced Ruger with new shooters, and I prefer to approach women, especially women in their 20s. Why their 20s, is Jeff a dirty old man?

Well, yes, yes I am, but that's not why. Whey then, you ask? Because if we can get young women to feel comfortable with guns and have a pleasant first experience, they will have no qualms about their children learning to shoot, and will be more favorable towards private gun ownership overall.

I had a young lady today who's first firearm experience EVER was with my silenced .22/.45. She loved it. Her friends were telling her how cool that was, and it will make an impact on a subconscious level that is permanent.

Get out there and encourage young women to shoot your suppressed .22s guys. Do it in a fun, non-threatening way. Let them know that silencers are perfectly legal, and that they make shooting a lot more fun.

Many women will shoot my .22, then shoot their boyfriend's pistol, then vociferously express their preference for a silenced weapon. This in turn makes guys want to buy a can so they can make the girls happy, and thus drives silencers ever more into the main stream.

Do it guys, be emissaries.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
continuity
Elite Member

Re: Recruited 3 more today

Post by continuity »

Outstanding! Psy warfare FTW
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
Bone16
Elite Member

Post by Bone16 »

poikilotrm wrote:Many women will shoot my .22, then shoot their boyfriend's pistol, then vociferously express their preference for a silenced weapon. This in turn makes guys want to buy CANS so they can make the girls happy, and thus drives silencers ever more into the main stream.

Do it guys, be emissaries.

Fixed it for you! :D

Actually not a bad way at all to "win the hearts and minds"!
America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the mall.

Bone 16, Asshat at large, OUT!
Sleeper362
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sleeper362 »

continuity wrote:Outstanding! Psy warfare FTW
This is how it has to be won. Hearts and minds was lost on the people of AFG because they hate people with hearts and women with minds. Here in America this approach would go much farther. I push guns for women and go at it on the level that NO ONE will be more powerful than they are short of facing a
Tank or Jet if they have a firearm in hand. I tell them that if anybody on the planet should have a gun, it is a woman, the smaller and less capable the woman the greater the need. Then I hand them something appropriate according to their reaction. It wins them over. I would also hate to be the man in the house and have my wife more pro-gun than me.
MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by MJF1911 »

It seems to work well for me. I built a bunch of steel targets and shoot steel challenge. Anybody that wants to shoot can come on out. This was my shooting group a few weeks ago:

SWR 556 Specwar, 762 Specwar, Octane 45HD, Spectre II; SilencerCo Osprey 45, Omega; AAC Pilot, 300TM; Ruger AC556
Rugged Oculus; Dead Air Sandman K
warjunky1428
Silent But Deadly

Post by warjunky1428 »

I would like to visit Montana again....

Maybe in the spring so that I can visit the a dropzone or two as well.
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
-- Robert A. Heinlein, "Beyond This Horizon", 1942