SilencerTalk

Sound Suppressor Discussion
It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:04 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:29 pm 

So what is the shortest barrel you can run subsonic 300 blk with an omega 30? Im really wanting a sig mcx rattler but Ive read the shortest the can is rated for is 8" for subs and supers. I could have sworn I saw somewhere thats because SiCo was assuming the round wont be stable enough in a shorter barrel to not cause a baffle strike, with that being said how do other companies get away with no barrel restriction lengths? Are the SiCo tolerances just super tight or something or are they covering their rear ends from idiots(totally understand if so)? Essentially Im looking for a more in depth reason as to why they would only rate it for that short of a barrel even if Im only running subs.

BulletFlight for Android
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:13 am 
Silent But Deadly

zombieslider wrote:
So what is the shortest barrel you can run subsonic 300 blk with an omega 30? Im really wanting a sig mcx rattler but Ive read the shortest the can is rated for is 8" for subs and supers. I could have sworn I saw somewhere thats because SiCo was assuming the round wont be stable enough in a shorter barrel to not cause a baffle strike, with that being said how do other companies get away with no barrel restriction lengths? Are the SiCo tolerances just super tight or something or are they covering their rear ends from idiots(totally understand if so)? Essentially Im looking for a more in depth reason as to why they would only rate it for that short of a barrel even if Im only running subs.

All of the "unlimited length" cans I've seen are steel. The Omega is a titanium can. I'd stick with the manufacturers minimums. I own two Omegas, and just bought a Saker 556K. The 556K is rated down to 7" with 5.56! But it's a steel can.

Jeff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:13 pm 
Silent But Deadly

I would call them and ask. I've had questions for them similar to this on a hybrid and they were very helpful.