Omega 30 shortest barrel for 300 AAC

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: Kenny_SilencerCo, Andrew@Silencerco

zombieslider

Omega 30 shortest barrel for 300 AAC

Post by zombieslider »

So what is the shortest barrel you can run subsonic 300 blk with an omega 30? Im really wanting a sig mcx rattler but Ive read the shortest the can is rated for is 8" for subs and supers. I could have sworn I saw somewhere thats because SiCo was assuming the round wont be stable enough in a shorter barrel to not cause a baffle strike, with that being said how do other companies get away with no barrel restriction lengths? Are the SiCo tolerances just super tight or something or are they covering their rear ends from idiots(totally understand if so)? Essentially Im looking for a more in depth reason as to why they would only rate it for that short of a barrel even if Im only running subs.
JeffWard
Silent But Deadly

Re: Omega 30 shortest barrel for 300 AAC

Post by JeffWard »

zombieslider wrote:So what is the shortest barrel you can run subsonic 300 blk with an omega 30? Im really wanting a sig mcx rattler but Ive read the shortest the can is rated for is 8" for subs and supers. I could have sworn I saw somewhere thats because SiCo was assuming the round wont be stable enough in a shorter barrel to not cause a baffle strike, with that being said how do other companies get away with no barrel restriction lengths? Are the SiCo tolerances just super tight or something or are they covering their rear ends from idiots(totally understand if so)? Essentially Im looking for a more in depth reason as to why they would only rate it for that short of a barrel even if Im only running subs.
All of the "unlimited length" cans I've seen are steel. The Omega is a titanium can. I'd stick with the manufacturers minimums. I own two Omegas, and just bought a Saker 556K. The 556K is rated down to 7" with 5.56! But it's a steel can.

Jeff
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Re: Omega 30 shortest barrel for 300 AAC

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

I would call them and ask. I've had questions for them similar to this on a hybrid and they were very helpful.
It's not a silencer, it's a can of whoopass!