Osprey O-Rings on amazon

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: Kenny_SilencerCo, Andrew@Silencerco

madkap

Osprey O-Rings on amazon

Post by madkap »

Just thought I'd through this useful link up:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0051Y ... UTF8&psc=1

I wasn't paying attention last night cleaning my Osprey piston, and scored my o-ring with a brass brush. It had already seen about a thousand rounds and it was just too much for it.

I looked in my manual for the o-ring needed and was pleased to find them on amazon, with amazon prime.

About 10 for $10.
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Re: Osprey O-Rings on amazon

Post by yamatitan »

Same ones I bought for my osprey, sparrow, element, and essence. lol Cant remember all the sizes but I believe 3 different sizes covered all of them.
MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by MJF1911 »

I found some at Carquest, although I'm sure other auto parts stores carry them. They were $.47 each.
SWR 556 Specwar, 762 Specwar, Octane 45HD, Spectre II; SilencerCo Osprey 45, Omega; AAC Pilot, 300TM; Ruger AC556
Rugged Oculus; Dead Air Sandman K
madkap

Post by madkap »

Looks like I'm dumb, sorry these guys are 20 cents each. 50 for 10.

Used one to great effect this week. It survived a fixed spacer to spring and back swap twice.

Not that that really maters to anyone reading this :lol:
WC
Silent But Deadly

Post by WC »

madkap wrote:Just thought I'd through this useful link up:

I wasn't paying attention last night cleaning my Osprey piston, and scored my o-ring with a brass brush. It had already seen about a thousand rounds and it was just too much for it.

I looked in my manual for the o-ring needed and was pleased to find them on amazon, with amazon prime.

About 10 for $10.

Is this the right O ring for the Osprey 45?
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

WC wrote:

About 10 for $10.

I hope so, I would like to get a pack. BTW does anybody have the exact part number and/or size of the Sparrow o-rings?
MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by MJF1911 »

WC-

Yes the 018 in the Amazon link is the correct size for the Osprey.
SWR 556 Specwar, 762 Specwar, Octane 45HD, Spectre II; SilencerCo Osprey 45, Omega; AAC Pilot, 300TM; Ruger AC556
Rugged Oculus; Dead Air Sandman K
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

Kramer wrote:
WC wrote:

About 10 for $10.

I hope so, I would like to get a pack. BTW does anybody have the exact part number and/or size of the Sparrow o-rings?
019 is the bigger O-ring and 013 is the small one that the can index on inside the threads. 018 is for the Osprey I bought all 3 sizes and this covers me for the sparrow, essence, element, and Osprey.
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

yamatitan wrote: 019 is the bigger O-ring and 013 is the small one that the can index on inside the threads. 018 is for the Osprey I bought all 3 sizes and this covers me for the sparrow, essence, element, and Osprey.
I ordered the 013, 018, and 019 100 packs to cover my SS Sparrow and Osprey 45 needs. The 100 packs were only a couple of bucks more than the 50 rd packs, plus I got free shipping.
cmichael
Senior Silent Operator

Post by cmichael »

Kramer wrote:
yamatitan wrote: 019 is the bigger O-ring and 013 is the small one that the can index on inside the threads. 018 is for the Osprey I bought all 3 sizes and this covers me for the sparrow, essence, element, and Osprey.
I ordered the 013, 018, and 019 100 packs to cover my SS Sparrow and Osprey 45 needs. The 100 packs were only a couple of bucks more than the 50 rd packs, plus I got free shipping.
I need to order some too for my SS Sparrow and my 45 Osprey. Will they work on 45 Osprey with 40 piston? Also I have a Spectre II coming, What size do I need for it?
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

With the large variety of osprey/octane pistons available, does the 18mm fit all of the pistons or is there any other sizes?
Redhorse

Post by Redhorse »

Another good source for Hi- Temp Vitron O-Rings is http://www.allorings.com.