Break in

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: Kenny_SilencerCo, Andrew@Silencerco

Delasangre4231
Silent But Deadly

Break in

Post by Delasangre4231 »

So I have been shooting my suppressor (Octane 9 HD2) while the paperwork has been pending and recently I have noticed that the piston isnt quite seating all the way after. After each mag I have to push it back about 1/8 inch or it rotates a tooth. My dealer guy says its just part of the break in period and I need to fill the blast chamber back up with assembly lube, which he says is similar to white lithium grease. I am not an expert on the matter but I am hoping either SWR/Silencer Co or someone who knows more can chime in.
Life's simple, you make choices and you don't look back.
-Han
Andrew@Silencerco
Silent But Deadly

Re: Break in

Post by Andrew@Silencerco »

That definitely sounds odd to me. Our products don't really have a break in period so I am unsure of what your dealer was referring to. It is possible that the o-ring the piston slides through is dry and causing there to be enough resistance that the piston isn't fully seating in the booster assembly. I think He might have been referring to lubing the exterior of the piston where the contact happens to ensure that everything is moving freely. How many rounds have you put through the can and what calibers are you shooting through it?
Andrew Herbst
Silencerco/SWR
Customer Service
801-417-5384
[email protected]
Delasangre4231
Silent But Deadly

Post by Delasangre4231 »

That sounds more like what he was talking about, he didn't get too detailed just briefly mentioned it. Its only had 9mm of various brands, mostly from my 92FS, but he machined me a spacer and we ran it on his full auto MP5k. I would say it has 500 or so rounds, but I wasn't really counting.
-Han
Andrew@Silencerco
Silent But Deadly

Post by Andrew@Silencerco »

I would try using a little white lithium grease on the outside of the piston and see if that clears up your issue. If you decide you would like to send it in for us to look at let me know and I will get it taken care of.
Andrew Herbst
Silencerco/SWR
Customer Service
801-417-5384
[email protected]
Delasangre4231
Silent But Deadly

Post by Delasangre4231 »

Alright thanks! Its going to be a while until I can do this as my stamp is still pending but should be approved in about a month, once I get my hard on it more full time I will see if its still doing this. Love your suppressors by the way!
-Han
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

your dealer can send it in while you are waiting!
Delasangre4231
Silent But Deadly

Post by Delasangre4231 »

SRM wrote:your dealer can send it in while you are waiting!
I don't need to send it in if its just white lithium grease. But that's good to know, the whole idea of sending it somewhere if I gotta notify if I leave the state. All the technicalities confuse me, all I know is get it home, keep it on the Beretta and keep it locked up, tight. Haha
-Han