SilencerCo new product "announcement" on facebook

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: Kenny_SilencerCo, Andrew@Silencerco

Abiqua
Silent But Deadly

SilencerCo new product "announcement" on facebook

Post by Abiqua »

On SilCo's fb page:
There is something new coming from Silencerco very soon.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
1slow01Z71
Silent Operator

Re: SilencerCo new product "announcement" on facebook

Post by 1slow01Z71 »

Very nice, I love my silencerco/swr cans. Looks like it might be a direct thread setup. Hopefully they don't make us wait til SHOT to have the specs.
Misspelled and missing words delivered to you via the hunt-and-peck method on my phone
Abiqua
Silent But Deadly

Post by Abiqua »

1slow01Z71 wrote:Very nice, I love my silencerco/swr cans. Looks like it might be a direct thread setup. Hopefully they don't make us wait til SHOT to have the specs.
I'm hoping it's not a direct thread can, that's not what I'm looking for.
1slow01Z71
Silent Operator

Post by 1slow01Z71 »

What are you looking for then? They pretty well have the QD market covered with the Specwar and with the release of the 7.62 saker theres not much else they can do. If they make a ti direct thread Ill buy it. I was looking at buying a TBAC 30p-1 in the fall if they do their annual sale but if they do a direct thread Ill add it to my SWR/Silencerco stash.

Id really like to see a 7.62 specwar mini personally as no one makes a mini 7.62 can that can take abuse aside from Surefire which I refuse to buy with their expensive ass and loud cans. A titanium can on a big bore SBR doesn't sound like a good idea to me but I bet an iteration of the specwar could handle it pretty well.
Misspelled and missing words delivered to you via the hunt-and-peck method on my phone
Abiqua
Silent But Deadly

Post by Abiqua »

I should have said that I'm hoping it's the official 762 Saker announcement. That's what I'm waiting for.
MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by MJF1911 »

If I had to guess I'd say a direct thread Ti 30 cal can, because I'm not convinced they are going to start making Rem 700 rifles.
SWR 556 Specwar, 762 Specwar, Octane 45HD, Spectre II; SilencerCo Osprey 45, Omega; AAC Pilot, 300TM; Ruger AC556
Rugged Oculus; Dead Air Sandman K
1slow01Z71
Silent Operator

Post by 1slow01Z71 »

MJF1911 wrote:If I had to guess I'd say a direct thread Ti 30 cal can, because I'm not convinced they are going to start making Rem 700 rifles.
What is the R700 comment in reference to? If they make a direct thread ti can Id buy one in a heartbeat as I had planned to buy a 30p-1 but Id imagine one from swr/silencerco would perform just as well and be substantially cheaper.

Really wish theyd make a mini 7.62 specwar though. There aren't any 30 cal cans that aren't 8+ inches long other than the surefire socom mini which I refuse to buy a surefire product with their crappy attitude towards the civilian market, ridiculous prices and flat out loud. So that leaves me stuck with my specwar for the 12.5" 6.8SPC SBR Im in the process of building. While not terrible Id really like to have 6"ish high teens ounce wise can.
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

Why would they limit themselves to a direct thread ? Give them a little more credit.
1slow01Z71
Silent Operator

Post by 1slow01Z71 »

Because they've already got the best QD can on the market with another nice one on the way. Some of us care about runout for long range shooting. The runout on a thunderbeast BA is twice what the direct thread model is, and as Im sure you know theyre the epitome of precision cans.
MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by MJF1911 »

1slow01Z71 wrote:
MJF1911 wrote:If I had to guess I'd say a direct thread Ti 30 cal can, because I'm not convinced they are going to start making Rem 700 rifles.
What is the R700 comment in reference to? If they make a direct thread ti can Id buy one in a heartbeat as I had planned to buy a 30p-1 but Id imagine one from swr/silencerco would perform just as well and be substantially cheaper.

Really wish theyd make a mini 7.62 specwar though. There aren't any 30 cal cans that aren't 8+ inches long other than the surefire socom mini which I refuse to buy a surefire product with their crappy attitude towards the civilian market, ridiculous prices and flat out loud. So that leaves me stuck with my specwar for the 12.5" 6.8SPC SBR Im in the process of building. While not terrible Id really like to have 6"ish high teens ounce wise can.

Hiding in plain sight, the rifle in the picture is a Rem 700.

Now with the new video showing .22-250 through .338 Lapua all using the same can somehow, with similar suppression, this makes me wonder about a modular core Ti thread on can.
SWR 556 Specwar, 762 Specwar, Octane 45HD, Spectre II; SilencerCo Osprey 45, Omega; AAC Pilot, 300TM; Ruger AC556
1slow01Z71
Silent Operator

Post by 1slow01Z71 »

MJF1911 wrote:
1slow01Z71 wrote:

Hiding in plain sight, the rifle in the picture is a Rem 700.

Now with the new video showing .22-250 through .338 Lapua all using the same can somehow, with similar suppression, this makes me wonder about a modular core Ti thread on can.
Yeah looks like a direct thread with a removable "booster" kinda like the pistol cans but fixed obviously. Depending on weight and size I just might have to pick one up instead of the TBAC 30p-1 I was contemplating getting.
GlockandRoll
Silent But Deadly

Post by GlockandRoll »

You guys see the video.. some of this has my shaking my head a bit?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A04LSEHETwM
MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by MJF1911 »

I didn't see any sparks when they were shooting so maybe not Ti, at least in the core.
black-sheep
Silent But Deadly

Post by black-sheep »

MJF1911 wrote:I didn't see any sparks when they were shooting so maybe not Ti, at least in the core.
Did you notice the gas blow back pattern? Especially on the 338 makes wonder if it has a muzzle brake end cap...
MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by MJF1911 »

I guess we will find out tomorrow.
jh1990
Silent Operator

Post by jh1990 »

black-sheep wrote:
MJF1911 wrote:I didn't see any sparks when they were shooting so maybe not Ti, at least in the core.
Did you notice the gas blow back pattern? Especially on the 338 makes wonder if it has a muzzle brake end cap...
There is a pic from a long range competition of the "harvester" floating around. The can has a cover but the brake on the end is showing so it seems you are correct. We will know for sure tomorrow.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Sparks isn't a fool proof way to ID something as Ti.
MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by MJF1911 »

True, there are Ti blends that probably don't spark.
wacki
Silent But Deadly

Post by wacki »

1slow01Z71 wrote: Really wish theyd make a mini 7.62 specwar though. There aren't any 30 cal cans that aren't 8+ inches long other than the surefire socom mini which I refuse to buy a surefire product with their crappy attitude towards the civilian market, ridiculous prices and flat out loud. So that leaves me stuck with my specwar for the 12.5" 6.8SPC SBR Im in the process of building. While not terrible Id really like to have 6"ish high teens ounce wise can.
+1

I want a short can that can handle .308 Winchester, AK47 7.62x39, NATO 5.56

One can to rule them all (rifles). I don't want super quiet, just sub 140 dB which is the universal limit for impulse noise safety levels. It's a close quarters combat suppressor not a gee whiz machine.

I'm currently waiting for the liberty beer can.

Military and LEO posters feel free to knock some sense into me but that's my logic.
1slow01Z71
Silent Operator

Post by 1slow01Z71 »

Yep that's exactly what Im looking for as well. A can that takes enough of the edge off that I wont lose my hearing from the occasional rounds fired off while hunting but isn't giant.

So anyone seen the new product specs yet? Havent been able to find it anywhere. Its after lunch time in their time zone :D
Abiqua
Silent But Deadly

Post by Abiqua »

Andrew@Silencerco
Silent But Deadly

Post by Andrew@Silencerco »

Andrew Herbst
Silencerco/SWR
Customer Service
801-417-5384
[email protected]
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

Abiqua wrote:official release video

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CvDQvPrpj7 ... 3Dyoutu.be
That's a crappy video! Why the quick edits away, right after the shot? Why so few shots in the video and all the superfluous B.S? It's like they're trying to hide some sort of big muzzle blast by editing it out. VERY disappointing!
jh1990
Silent Operator

Post by jh1990 »

What is the MSRP?
1slow01Z71
Silent Operator

Post by 1slow01Z71 »

Cheapest Ive found with a quick google search is 475. Havent been able to find out if that comes with a thread adapter or if its just the can like the way the saker comes. If I wasn't trying to buy a Terrapin next month Id order one right now.