Video/Picture request: Saker night flash performance

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: Kenny_SilencerCo, Andrew@Silencerco

aries14482
Silent But Deadly

Video/Picture request: Saker night flash performance

Post by aries14482 »

Can we get a video or pictures displaying both Sakers' flash signature at night, preferably visible light and night vision?

After noting the flash signature from several suppressors and finding them to be surprisingly less effective than purpose-built flash hiders, I'm very interested to see the Sakers' flash reduction performance and especially how the flash hider attachments affect it.
batman4706
Silent Operator

Re: Video/Picture request: Saker night flash performance

Post by batman4706 »

I received a video of a night hog hunt in Texas fro Silencerco yesterday using the Saker 7.62. I've already deleted it, bit I'm sure they will have it on their website.
aries14482
Silent But Deadly

Post by aries14482 »

Any info or comment from Silencerco regarding the improvement using the flashhider front cap on the Saker?
Andrew@Silencerco
Silent But Deadly

Post by Andrew@Silencerco »

We have done a little testing on this. Everyone that was there believed they could see a noticeable difference when the hider was installed. I will let our marketing department know you would like to see a NV video demonstrating the Saker with and without the hider front cap.
Andrew Herbst
Silencerco/SWR
Customer Service
801-417-5384
[email protected]
aries14482
Silent But Deadly

Post by aries14482 »

Thank you very much for the response Andrew.

This became a larger concern for myself and some friends after a night shooting suppressed rifles with and without NV. It was surprising to see suppressors being outperformed by flash hiders. This started a discussion about ways to cut down on flash at night using a can and then I remembered the front cap flash hider option for the Saker. This led me to wonder how much improvement could be achieved with a flash hider at the muzzle end of a suppressor without the same abundance of high-pressure gas seen at a flash hider-equipped muzzle.