saker muzzle brake

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: Kenny_SilencerCo, Andrew@Silencerco

brobin10

saker muzzle brake

Post by brobin10 »

i have an incoming Saker 5.56....planed on using the saker RS FH with it however it seems that a brake would provide additional protection to the blast baffle of the can.

would a saker muzzle brake be better to use on my SBRs when using the saker 5.56?

EDIT: also, does the saker muzzle brake have to be timed correctly during install?
plumber576
Silent Operator

Re: saker muzzle brake

Post by plumber576 »

Silencerco generally replies that that Hoplon blast baffle is strong enough to not need to worry about using a brake.
brobin10

Post by brobin10 »

plumber576 wrote:Silencerco generally replies that that Hoplon blast baffle is strong enough to not need to worry about using a brake.
thanks for the info
kc_silencerco
Silent Operator

Post by kc_silencerco »

plumber576 wrote:Silencerco generally replies that that Hoplon blast baffle is strong enough to not need to worry about using a brake.
This is correct. The Stellite Hoplon baffle design greatly reduces the erosion caused by SBR use.

The brake does need to be timed and it will come with the shims to do so. The brake should be mounted so that the ports are at 3 and 9 o'clock position.
K.C. Hutchinson
Customer Service
SilencerCo
[email protected]
Pman5KMO
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Pman5KMO »

Brakes will always reduce erosion to baffles... its why almost all my rifles have brakes for suppressed use. My rifle cans all have barely any noticeable wear even after a few K rounds in each. .. the brake baffles have some minor wear themselves though on the high count rifles, mainly on the inner edge of the brake baffle but still very minor. The can baffles all are perfectly intact.

Hoplon baffle or not I would use a brake on an SBR just to minimize wear even further.
Suppressors cost less than hearing aids..
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by eastern_hunter »

Only problem with a brake on an SBR is when you pull the trigger without the can mounted ... they are VERY LOUD!!!!!
Pyrex238

Post by Pyrex238 »

I have put about 1500 rds through my saker on auto with a 7.5" barrel and its still fine. You have nothing to worry about.
Flipz
Silent But Deadly

Post by Flipz »

brobin10

Post by brobin10 »

flipz,

that is beautiful and exactly what I am going to end up with exept I have a DD lower to go with my DD MK18 upper

our FDE furniture will almost be exact too!

thanks for the pics! my saker 556 should be out of jail any day now....