Will the use of an HMMS affect the warranty?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: Kenny_SilencerCo, Andrew@Silencerco

Reckless_Kelly

Will the use of an HMMS affect the warranty?

Post by Reckless_Kelly »

I just received my Saker556 and wanted to know if the use of one of the Heat and Mirage Mitigation System sleeves will adversely affect the suppressor or vod the warranty from Silencerco. I've read several posts about "the heat trapped inside is bad"/"not burning yourself is good", etc, but I haven't seen any manufacturers chime in with a yea or nay regarding their use. This is the one I'm looking at: https://www.riflesonly.com/pro-shop/sup ... ystem.html
kc_silencerco
Silent Operator

Re: Will the use of an HMMS affect the warranty?

Post by kc_silencerco »

You will be fine using a suppressor cover on your Saker and it won't void your warranty.
K.C. Hutchinson
Customer Service
SilencerCo
[email protected]
pcman312

Post by pcman312 »

Which size are you getting?
Badfinger

Post by Badfinger »

I'm just going to install a water cooled radiator type cooling system on mine....it would be cheaper :shock:
You can't miss fast enough to make-up for a well placed shot.
Reckless_Kelly

Post by Reckless_Kelly »

pcman312, I got the 6in cover and I was not impressed. I outer cover melted through with in the first 3 hours with less than 200rds through it. The suppressor held up just fine and the there was no residue or heat marks on it. I pulled the cover off and continued with the suppressor for the rest of the weekend with over 1000rds through it and no complaints. I've contacted the retailer that I purchased the HMMS from and am waiting to see how they handle this. I would prefer a full refund, as this product obviously cannot withstand my shooting habits...
Reckless_Kelly

Post by Reckless_Kelly »

I wanted to update this thread after speaking to the vendor. They were very helpful and told me that they had seen this issue, they are sending out a new design cover that is supposedly made from a different material for me to try out. I will keep this thread updated when the new cover arrives and is tested out.
Tango2249
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tango2249 »

Reckless_Kelly wrote:I wanted to update this thread after speaking to the vendor. They were very helpful and told me that they had seen this issue, they are sending out a new design cover that is supposedly made from a different material for me to try out. I will keep this thread updated when the new cover arrives and is tested out.
Please let us know is the updated version is any better than the original. I'm thinking of purchasing one...
“The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” - Samuel Adams
Reckless_Kelly

Post by Reckless_Kelly »

I promised that I would update this thread, so here goes. I finally received the replacement suppressor cover from the vendor. Instead of them sending just a replacement outer cover from Griffon Ind, they sent me an entire Heat Abatement Device that was redesigned and intended for extreme heat. It took a while to get the replacement because they were still in development and ran into a few production setbacks, but they stayed in contact with me and made sure that I was aware of what was going on. The new device is a serious piece of kit compared to the Griffon HMMS. The inner core is a little bit thicker, for better insulation, the outer cover has a layer of heat resistant material attached to the inside, and the tensioner cord is not elastic shock cord, but a flame and heat resistant cord designed to withstand 1800deg. The new cover is designed to withstand up to 5 mag dumps without sustaining any damage, the Griffon one claimed that and then "creatively edited" their demo videos to not show the smoking, melting, dripping hunk of cordura and elastic that mine became, in less than 100rds over an hour period...

I'll be going to the range tomorrow, and will give another update after putting this one through it's paces, in the meantime, I will give Rifles Only a big thumbs up for their customer service and dedication to getting this item right. They could have very easily told me to contact Griffon Ind and deal with them, instead, they acknowledged the problem, stopped selling it, developed their own product, and made sure that I was happy. The Griffon HMMS retailed for $140 and the Rifles Only HAD retails for only $95, so they sent me an extra outer cover to make up the difference in what I spent.

Go check out the Rifles Only HAD (Heat Abatement Device) at https://www.riflesonly.com/pro-shop/sup ... r-had.html
Tango2249
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tango2249 »

Reckless_Kelly wrote:I promised that I would update this thread, so here goes. I finally received the replacement suppressor cover from the vendor. Instead of them sending just a replacement outer cover from Griffon Ind, they sent me an entire Heat Abatement Device that was redesigned and intended for extreme heat. It took a while to get the replacement because they were still in development and ran into a few production setbacks, but they stayed in contact with me and made sure that I was aware of what was going on. The new device is a serious piece of kit compared to the Griffon HMMS. The inner core is a little bit thicker, for better insulation, the outer cover has a layer of heat resistant material attached to the inside, and the tensioner cord is not elastic shock cord, but a flame and heat resistant cord designed to withstand 1800deg. The new cover is designed to withstand up to 5 mag dumps without sustaining any damage, the Griffon one claimed that and then "creatively edited" their demo videos to not show the smoking, melting, dripping hunk of cordura and elastic that mine became, in less than 100rds over an hour period...

I'll be going to the range tomorrow, and will give another update after putting this one through it's paces, in the meantime, I will give Rifles Only a big thumbs up for their customer service and dedication to getting this item right. They could have very easily told me to contact Griffon Ind and deal with them, instead, they acknowledged the problem, stopped selling it, developed their own product, and made sure that I was happy. The Griffon HMMS retailed for $140 and the Rifles Only HAD retails for only $95, so they sent me an extra outer cover to make up the difference in what I spent.

Go check out the Rifles Only HAD (Heat Abatement Device) at https://www.riflesonly.com/pro-shop/sup ... r-had.html
What size cover did you go with?
“The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” - Samuel Adams