Backlog of Silencerco Suppressors?

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: Kenny_SilencerCo, Andrew@Silencerco

Bobaganusche

Backlog of Silencerco Suppressors?

Post by Bobaganusche »

I was just wondering if there is some sort of backlog of Silencerco suppressors at the moment. I know business has been booming lately, and that they are pumping them out as fast as possible. I ordered my first suppressors (a Spectre II and a Specwar 762) last October, and I am currently still waiting on them to show up at my dealer. It's been 9 months now, and frankly I'm getting worried because I've already paid the dealer for them and he has a no refund policy on NFA items. Silencerco said they send everything to a distributor, so they couldn't check anything to see where they were, and the dealer said the distributor told him the forms were sent off to the ATF as soon as he ordered them. So far I haven't gotten any clear answers, and I really don't think it should take this long for a Form 3 to go through. :evil:
"I did it for me. I liked it. I was good at it. And I was alive." - Heisenberg
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Re: Backlog of Silencerco Suppressors?

Post by rimshaker »

You had your local dealer place an order directly to the distributor? Unfortunately that's the slowest path to take. You should've ordered from, say Silencershop, who had the Spectre/Specwar readily available and just transferred them to your dealer on a form 3.

The only time to ever buy from a local dealer is if the can you want is actually there, physically in hand.
Bobaganusche

Post by Bobaganusche »

I should also say that this was my first time buying suppressors, or anything NFA for that matter. I did ask him about ordering from Silencer Shop, but he assured me that the distributor had them in stock and that it wouldn't take any longer to get them there. He also charges a $100 transfer fee for suppressors not ordered through him, so I thought I was saving money at the time. I've asked him several times now, and he assures me that the Form 3s were submitted right when he ordered them, and that they are just waiting on the ATF to approve them.
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

You from mo? Sounds like guy across town from us.lol
lemur

Post by lemur »

I purchased a Sparrow and an Osprey 45 in Nov 2013. The dealer already had them in stock. I get to use them at the dealer's range whenever I feel like it. The ATF says the transfers should be done at the end of Sep 2014. This is also my first time with suppressors. I made my own trust and then let the dealer help me with the transfers. I'd say your dealer is the biggest factor in the transaction.
kc_silencerco
Silent Operator

Post by kc_silencerco »

There's no back log. All of our sales are through distributors. I would suggest checking with your dealer to make sure he actually made the order with a distributor.
K.C. Hutchinson
Customer Service
SilencerCo
[email protected]
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

Bobaganusche wrote:... I did ask him about ordering from Silencer Shop, ...
Always look for a stocking dealer.

Also, if you're in Texas, SS could have mailed it to your house once all the paperwork was done.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Bobaganusche

Post by Bobaganusche »

kc_silencerco wrote:There's no back log. All of our sales are through distributors. I would suggest checking with your dealer to make sure he actually made the order with a distributor.
The Spectre II just came in yesterday. The Specwar is still somewhere between the distributor and the dealer. The dealer said that this is a typical wait time when ordering a suppressor from a distributor (ordered on 10/29/13).
rancilio

Post by rancilio »

BS. This dealer is a tool. Did he ask you to kiss the ring and bow to his magical powers. Find a new dealer. Where are you?
A southern Arizona SOT - www.quiettimesports.com
paragon50

Post by paragon50 »

I've been learning the ins and outs of stamp collecting for the last few years. Here's what I've learned about buying title 2 stuff and wait times.

1- Best scenario, find a STOCKING dealer in YOUR state who is charging a fair price or better yet a good deal. If the dealer is not near your home they can ship it to you with a little extra paperwork and time after your stamp is approved.

2- If you can't find the can you want in state at a good price or in stock then look for an out of state STOCKING dealer. You must also find a local FFL/SOT to do the final transfer (form 4). If your in North Carolina I use PKAT http://shop.pkatarms.com/catalog.supressors they charge $25 per transfer.
The STOCKING dealer will transfer it to your local FFL/SOT (form 3) which should take about a month.

3- The least preferable is to order from a NON-STOCKING dealer.

When you buy a can it is normal to pay in full before/at same time as filing your Form 4.
A STOCKING dealer will be able to supply you with the serial number of the can you are buying.
With the serial number and some other personal info you can track the progress of the transfers with ATF.

A buddy of mine and myself bought Octane45 HD's from Scotty of Tarheel state firearms http://tarheelstatefirearms.com/ when he put them on his Memorial day sale. (octane45 HD w/piston $639) My buddy got his paperwork to to Scotty about a week before I did, he just got his approval (4 months) form 4 was a paper filed trust in NC. I'm expecting mine next week, fingers crossed.
Bobaganusche

Post by Bobaganusche »

rancilio wrote:BS. This dealer is a tool. Did he ask you to kiss the ring and bow to his magical powers. Find a new dealer. Where are you?
I am in Missouri. He is the only gun dealer in our county, and he told me that unless I want to drive up to Kansas City or St. Louis, he was only one within 100 miles that could order suppressors. He also charges a $100 transfer fee for NFA items.
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

We stock them deep in STL. :D
Modeler

Post by Modeler »

Bobaganusche wrote:
rancilio wrote:BS. This dealer is a tool. Did he ask you to kiss the ring and bow to his magical powers. Find a new dealer. Where are you?
I am in Missouri. He is the only gun dealer in our county, and he told me that unless I want to drive up to Kansas City or St. Louis, he was only one within 100 miles that could order suppressors. He also charges a $100 transfer fee for NFA items.
Sounds like he has a captive audience and he knows it. That's unfortunate.