762 Specwar Brake mount

Company specific discussions and announcements.

Moderators: Kenny_SilencerCo, Andrew@Silencerco

MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

762 Specwar Brake mount

Post by MJF1911 »

This thing is awesome. I had the flash hider and noticed Silencer Shop had the brakes in stock so I ordered one. I got it today and had to give it a try. I got it on the rifle pretty easily and went out to the range and the recoil reduction on my SR762 was incredible.

For those thinking about it, it does come with some shims, I didn't realize this and bought the AAC shim kit with it.
SWR 556 Specwar, 762 Specwar, Octane 45HD, Spectre II; SilencerCo Osprey 45, Omega; AAC Pilot, 300TM; Ruger AC556
Rugged Oculus; Dead Air Sandman K
HK91
Silent Operator

Re: 762 Specwar Brake mount

Post by HK91 »

I found out the SPECWAR brake mount came with shims after I got a set of shims elsewhere too.

Just make sure nobody is shooting right next to you if you shoot without the suppressor. I did and my wife was pretty pissed at me. I could also feel the blast bouncing off my range box back at me. With the suppressor on, I got no complaints from my wife.

HK91
sundazes

Post by sundazes »

Dumb question, why does the brake need shims? I have Specwar in jail, but have a flash hider. I have seen references to the shims before, but can't find info on why they are needed.
Abiqua
Silent But Deadly

Post by Abiqua »

sundazes wrote:Dumb question, why does the brake need shims? I have Specwar in jail, but have a flash hider. I have seen references to the shims before, but can't find info on why they are needed.
To time the brake so the ports are at the 3 and 9 o'clock position.
jdasilva
Silent But Deadly

Post by jdasilva »

not all barrel threads are the same distance.

because the ports (holes) in the muzzle brake redirect expanding gasses & if the brake ports are facing the wrong direction, your rifle will move in an unwanted direction after shooting. Basically making follow up shots longer.

so if your brake doesn't align correctly, you can put the necessary amount of shims until it does.
sundazes

Post by sundazes »

Well now, that makes perfect sense. Thanks for the info.
MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by MJF1911 »

Yea I wouldn't want to be next to anything with a brake like this one. I've had the experience a few times already with similar brakes at 3 gun events.
SWR 556 Specwar, 762 Specwar, Octane 45HD, Spectre II; SilencerCo Osprey 45, Omega; AAC Pilot, 300TM; Ruger AC556
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by eastern_hunter »

The brake on the 12.5" POF 308 is a similar design ... is unimaginably loud! A real flame thrower to boot.

Could be considered a dangerous weapon even 90 degrees from the projectile path!

Some things NEED a can ;-)

Will get a Specwar and later a Saker when they clear.
MJF1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by MJF1911 »

The powder I'm loading doesn't have much flash anyway, so I really haven't noticed a significant difference between the brake and the trifecta. I didn't shoot too many times without the can on to really compare it though. The two biggest reasons I went with the brake mount was to reduce recoil when shooting without the can and to reduce baffle erosion.